Montblanc Is Revamping Their Standard Ink Line!

Pennenut

Sorry, no idea.

But...

Royal Blue is among the most used inks from Montblanc, so they may keep a blue ink like that for sure even it has been reformulated many times in the past already.

Also a blue/black ink has been part of their regular line of inks during the last decades so I don't worry about that.

I gave up stocking up on favorite inks. Counting over 1000 bottles of inks I learnt that "THE" next favorite ink is just a few weeks away ;-)

Cheers

Michael

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeverTapOut

• Tom Kellie

• Michael R.

• 1nkulus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to US website...Royal Blue has new packaging...Midnight Blue gone...

I think that is old...Oyster Grey is gone and replaced by Cool Grey...at least from what I understand.

I liked Oyster Grey, but liked the Einstein SE grey ink more because it was slightly darker. I hope Cool Grey will be slightly darker too like the Einstein ink.

They look identical! Thanks for that!

I read that it is suppose to be a little darker...I will wait until the dust settles...I have wasted enough money on ink...

I read that it is suppose to be a little darker...I will wait until the dust settles...I have wasted enough money on ink...

I have wasted invested enough money on ink...
fixed it for you ;)

3776 + 4810.

I'm maintaining a comprehensive list of Iron-Gall inks. Contributions most welcome! bit.ly/irongall

I have wasted invested enough money on ink...
fixed it for you ;)

So True...Thanks...Now I feel better...

Please share the source of your understanding about MB ink. It seems to go against most opinions here. I'm genuinely interested, not trying to change your mind.

+1

Just for the record, I was in my local B&M store in Germany on Saturday and spotted these along side the older bottles of Corn Poppy Red, Burgundy, Lavender Purple, etc. The new bottle boxes look neat (white instead of black based packaging, like they went "Apple" on us), but most importantly, the price of both inks was exactly the same: 20€. No price hikes here, which is what I was worried about the most. (That, and the fate of my precious Lavender Purple, but I refuse to "Hamsterkauf" a backup of it).

The colours they had in stock were Pop Pink, Modena Red, Cool Grey, and Manganese Orange.

Edited by Enkida

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Welcome to FPN. I purchased three bottles of permanent blue from the Canadian Montblanc site. That definitely was a Hamsterkauf or blind panic buying.

Edited by meiers

They look identical! Thanks for that!

In the saturated parts the Cool Grey in that sample looks darker than Oyster Grey, and glad to see it has the same kind of shading I really enjoyed with Oyster Grey. Will definitely get a bottle when my current Oyster Grey runs out.

Welcome to FPN. I purchased three bottles of permanent blue from the Canadian Montblanc site. That definitely was a Hamsterkauf or blind panic buying.

Thank you! If I had less than 10 bottles of ink, I might seriously consider backups. Seeing as how my ink collection already spans two drawers, though, I want to make a weak attempt something coming near to self-control. :lol: I do love that Lavender Purple, though. MB will get some serious side-eye from me if they put it out of production without having a worthy successor to that one in the new box lineup.

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Colour of the Year: Petrol Blue

fpn_1557243231__petrol_blue.png

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"