Montblanc Is Revamping Their Standard Ink Line!

Pennenut

I want to start no argument, but i do want to share my opinion:

I do not find their ink (standard anyhow) to be expensive... its $20 ish for 60ml of ink

Their limited edition is on the more expensive side: ~$35 for 50ml

And their top ink is HUGELY expensive.. at ~$80 per bottle.

As for their quality, i find it behaves better on most pens and papers than say... Pilot Iroshizuku and many noodlers and diamine. i have used no less than 10? 15? full bottles of ink on thousands of pages and so far i like em.

Again, just my opinion and experience

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeverTapOut

• Tom Kellie

• Michael R.

• 1nkulus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do not find their ink (standard anyhow) to be expensive... its $20 ish for 60ml of ink

As for their quality, i find it behaves better on most pens and papers than say... Pilot Iroshizuku and many noodlers and diamine. i have used no less than 10? 15? full bottles of ink on thousands of pages and so far i like em.

+1...Standard ink is not that bad financially...works on most paper...even cheap copy paper better than other ink brands I have tried. On cheap copy paper it absorbs into the paper and the color turns slightly darker...if I use other inks...Sailor or Pilot Iro...feathering all over the place on the cheap copy paper. Not trying to start an argument on which brand is better...this is based on my experience of filling out reams and reams of paper...more than I can count.

Edited by Jesus1

Also I have been filing out a contract all day today using a MB 149 XF Nib with MB Royal Blue Ink on HP Premium Choice 32...Not one skip or hard start...Never had that problem...

Again not trying to start an argument just based on experience.

I only have three MB inks that I liked well enough to get full bottles of -- Lavender Purple and the Beatles and Tolstoy LE inks. I didn't care for either Toffee Brown (too reddish a brown for my taste) or Midnight Blue (just didn't wow me the way).

So if the prices of the standard line inks go up, I'm actually kind of indifferent.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Forget my previous posts regarding MB Royal Blue...I'm still filling out contracts and my pen just skipped...

oh wait...sorry...pen ran out of ink...MB Inks are still reliable.

Edited by Jesus1

Forget my previous posts regarding MB Royal Blue...I'm still filling out contracts and my pen just skipped...

oh wait...sorry...pen ran out of ink...MB Inks are still reliable.

laugh.png

You are definitely in need of a vacation/holiday or an upgrade to

https://www.conidpen.com/kingsize/

That ought to get you through a ton of contracts.

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

My experience with MB Permanent Blue, Irish Green and 90th Anniversary Permanent Grey has been hassle free.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I don’t disagree. For me, buying 3 more bottles would be $70.50. I really wish MB inks came in 30ml as I posted before. I have a hard enough time using up ink, so I’m hesitant to get more of the 60ml MB inks.

Posted Image

laugh.png

You are definitely in need of a vacation/holiday or an upgrade to

https://www.conidpen.com/kingsize/

That ought to get you through a ton of contracts.

Conid charge VAT..I can't find it on their website...I have looked at their pens in the past...

Edited by Jesus1

I don’t disagree. For me, buying 3 more bottles would be $70.50. I really wish MB inks came in 30ml as I posted before. I have a hard enough time using up ink, so I’m hesitant to get more of the 60ml MB inks.

When I go into work mode I can go though 60 ml no problem...with an XF nib. MB says that a fulfill with an XF in a 149 is equilivant to a mile line drawn...don't ask me to find it...I read it somewhere.

Conid charge VAT..I can't find it on their website...I have looked at their pens in the past...

Send them an email. Belgium VAT is 21% just like NL.

Engineer :

I am sure there are many in a similar situation, as you acquire more inks it takes forever to empty the larger bottles.

My three MB inks will take a while to finish.

Engineer :

Send them an email. Belgium VAT is 21% just like NL.

Good idea...You should be part of my Master Mind Group...We meet Thursday nights at 6:30 PM-9 PM EST.

Good idea...You should be part of my Master Mind Group...We meet Thursday nights at 6:30 PM-9 PM EST.

Virtual attendance, although I doubt I am the master at/of anything. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Virtual attendance, although I doubt I am the master at/of anything. biggrin.png

I think you are...I can tell...

My experience with MB inks has been very positive. I am willing to spend a bit more if the ink is trouble free and the colors are great. I have learned my lesson to not purchase troublesome cheaper ink.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I think you are...I can tell...

You are being overly generous.

OTOH, let us not further derail the OP thread lest we get clobbered by 60ml of MB. laugh.png

Engineer :

My experience with MB inks has been very positive. I am willing to spend a bit more if the ink is trouble free and the colors are great. I have learned my lesson to not purchase troublesome cheaper ink.

Agreed, but there is also a massive range between MB and cheap which is also hassle free.

FWIW, I frequently use Noodler's in MB LE pens. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Agreed, but there is also a massive range between MB and cheap which is also hassle free.

FWIW, I frequently use Noodler's in MB LE pens. biggrin.png

I have always been scared to use Noodler's in any pen...I know they make good inks and bad ones as well.

I think pen manufacturers are more consistent with their ink...not saying that they don't have problematic inks.

Also contamination...if you can't take a pen apart to do a through cleaning when you change ink brands.

I would love to try BayState Blue...with my luck I will have blue all over the house...wife will kill me.

Edited by Jesus1