Montblanc Is Revamping Their Standard Ink Line!

Pennenut

When it comes to the new-style caps used on the 60ml and 30ml Montblanc ink bottles, in the last year I've had two develop cracks vertically across the threads. Could they have been over-tightened? Well, I've never had this issue during decades of twisting the knurled 50ml bottle caps, and I'm confident I use the same amount of torque. My other nine MB bottles with the new-style caps get more scrutiny now.

Have you been working out? ;)

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeverTapOut

• Tom Kellie

• Michael R.

• 1nkulus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a sucker for blues and these both look great. I'd have to see side-by-side comparisons but I think Lapis Lazuli is similar enough to other blue inks I have that I probably won't purchase it. Chinese blue on the other hand is a shade that I don't own but have wanted for a while. This may make it into my collection.

fpn_1568384238__two_in_blue.jpg

Two in Blue

Surely it is better to have blue in bottles than in heart. ... Congrats, Tom, nice colours.

Edited by Zdenek

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

~ Yours truly has made a major blooper...a first-order error.

This is an example of a great big OOPS! from sheer inattention and carelessness.

The handwriting sample of Montblanc Chinese Blue is written with a 14C 1959 149 BBB, not with a Red Gold 149 OBBB.

I should have realized when I was enjoying the crisp, wide strokes which the lovely BBB writes.

My apologies to all for the misinformation. I noticed the error this morning when selecting pens for other photos.

Tom K.

Thanks for the samples Tom.

If, I would go with Egyptian Blue.

Just bought another bottle of Irish Green and Toffee Brown.

Waiting to get my hand on the new Mandarin Orange,

I got myself a bottle of Ultramarine and have it in my 146 F nib, somehow it flows fast and wet, and is quite lubricated compared to other Montblanc inks.

I like it's almost purple colour!

Latest addition:  Montblanc LeGrand 146 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

Tom, thank you very much!! thank you for the comparison post

I could never have done as through a job as Tom Kellie.

Tom your meticulous observations about the inks are spot on.

Thank you.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

• 2 weeks later...

Sharing my first test photo of the MB Turquoise:

48371754977_b22d5bc94d_c.jpg 48371754702_3fe9aa36d2_c.jpg

48371624831_c00080c108_c.jpg 48371625066_ddc3593d06_c.jpg
48371754137_cc7a64e427_c.jpg 48371753767_5d6a85f38f_c.jpg
In the comparaison test, at the top it is the MB Turquoise in my 149 with medium nib and below it is my Heritage R&N Serpent solitaire with OBB nib and MB Emerald ink. To my mind the Turquoise is close to the Emerald but more pale, without shading we can have with the Emerald so I'm not fan of the Turquoise. I hope I will prefer the Ultramarine and Maya blue better than the Turquoise. I hope I will be able to test the Egyptian blue too but don't have it for the moment.

~ Cyrille:

The visual contrast between Montblanc Turquoise and Montblanc Emerald above is very useful.

Thank you for making that comparison. I found it very helpful.

The recent Montblanc “Blue Palette” inks are a welcome addition to Montblanc's standard inks.

Tom K.