Fountain Pen Shops In London

rdrum

L. Cornelissen & Son in Great Russell Street between Tottenham Court Road and the British Museum is a must for artistic materials. It is real old world!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ture

• dapprman

• peterg

• Karmachanic

For anyone planning to visit Choosing Keeping on their London holiday (as I did): A lot of stuff on their web site is not on display in the shop, but can be produced from the basement if you ask for it!

It's a shame, but inevitable, that these stores have disappeared. The last independent I knew of was in Flask Walk, (Hampstead NW3) - and it closed a few years ago.

JM Pennyfeather's. As an NW3 local, I bought my first ever fp there as a schoolboy (Lamy Safari). Shame to see it go, but by the end they were coasting on fumes.

As others have said, London's a fountain pen desert at the minute...

Too many pens; too little writing.

Nothing that stands out especially if you are on holiday. Plenty of other things to do and see.

Previous posts have covered the meager offerings, it is a similar situation across the UK unless you are in the vicinity of those 8-10 stores.

If you are traveling from outside the EU, it is cheaper and easier to buy online and VAT free.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.