Adding To The Flock

mana

12 hours ago, Carrau said:

I especially like how it looks on the dark background of the second picture.

That one is also the picture where the colours match reality most.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

I don't remember if my current Café Crème did.  The original one I think did, but the second one (after losing the first one) I think did not.

I really thought that I'd never be able to track down a 3rd one after losing the second one.  So other than showing it off at a pen club meeting when I got the current one, I think that's gonna be one of those pens which never leaves the house.... :blush:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Somehow I feel that plan may not be enough-you need to buy it an Air Tag you only remove to use the pen.😉

10 hours ago, carola said:

That one is also the picture where the colours match reality most.

The brown looks like dark coffee or a rich chocolate ganache.

On 2/29/2024 at 3:55 PM, DilettanteG said:

I'm glad I submitted to the peer pressure and bought a M600 Glauco Cambon. This thing straight up glows when rotated, especially under artificial light. If this is a series, I'm hooked. Thanks to @N1003U for pointing out that though it is heavier than the typical M600s, it still only weighs about what a M800 does. Almost missed out because I normally don't buy heavy, metal pens.

I waited until the Baltimore Pen show so I could try it, and given all the "it's a heavy metal pen" stuff I had seen was surprised by it! My husband agreed I should get one and no regrets here but still trying to decide what ink to put in it...

17 hours ago, Carrau said:

The brown looks like dark coffee or a rich chocolate ganache.

True. Merci chocolate "Coffee & Cream" has pretty much the same colours.

18 hours ago, Carrau said:

Somehow I feel that plan may not be enough-you need to buy it an Air Tag you only remove to use the pen.😉

:lol:

You know, that might not be a half-bad idea....  I could have used one for the missing cap on the French Blue Safari.  Or for the M405 Stresemann that I foolishly took camping one year (fortunately THAT pen got turned into Lost and Found before someone ran over it with a fully loaded vehicle pulling a fully loaded trailer...).  

Or for the gold-filled filigree overlay Morrison ringtop I bought at my first pen show, with the lovely semi-flex stub nib -- that pen has a really nasty habit of unscrewing itself from the cap when I have it on the lanyard.... :o

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

17 hours ago, Jayebird said:

I waited until the Baltimore Pen show so I could try it, and given all the "it's a heavy metal pen" stuff I had seen was surprised by it! My husband agreed I should get one and no regrets here but still trying to decide what ink to put in it...

You gonna bring it with you to SCN tonight?  I saw one at a table at B/W but figured that I probably couldn't afford it (plus, most of my show budget (as opposed to the hotel budget) was going towards repairs.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

4 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

You gonna bring it with you to SCN tonight?

Isn't it next week? Last Thr was still February, so the 2nd Thr is next week - Pi Day as the email reminder noted.

9 hours ago, carola said:

True. Merci chocolate "Coffee & Cream" has pretty much the same colours.

Those are delicious. And you are so right about the colors.  

Posted Image

On 3/6/2024 at 6:30 AM, DilettanteG said:

Pen box roulette!

So true. I got mine from a seller in Japan. It did not have a pouch or fancy box. It was nice enough, but not special. 

Posted Image

12 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

Not normally a big orange pen fan, as I so rarely write with orange ink, but this one looks so cheerful!

Did the IB nib come with this pen?

~ @DilettanteG: Thank you for your kind comments.

When ordering this model, an IB nib was one of the options.

As past experience with Fritz Schimpf Italic Grind IB nibs has been highly satisfactory, it was an easy decision.

This is a model which exceeds expectations — ideal for bringing good cheer on overcast dats.

Tom K.

You've convinced me that I need to get a Fritz Schimpf Italic grind! Fingers crossed Pelikan comes out with a Golden Lapis M200 this year so I'll have an excuse to buy one.

@Tom KellieI visited the Fritz Schimpf website but couldn't find a way to order the Italic grind nibs. Do you have a link or any info on ordering or pricing of these?  Thanks!

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

The nib shown seems to be an original Pelikan supplied IB , because it is stamped as such. The Fritz Schimpf italics are ground by their nibmaster on special order and as such are not stamped as such, but maintain the stamp of the "donor" nib. Warranty is from Fritz Schimpf, not Pelikan.

The special nibs are mentioned somewhere on the web-site (could not find it just now), but are not detailed or priced. Just send an email to service@fritz-schimpf.de and I am sure Mr. Stolz will be happy to give you all the details. (no comercial connection, just a happy customer)

5 hours ago, Tom Kellie said:

~ @DilettanteG: Thank you for your kind comments.

When ordering this model, an IB nib was one of the options.

As past experience with Fritz Schimpf Italic Grind IB nibs has been highly satisfactory, it was an easy decision.

This is a model which exceeds expectations — ideal for bringing good cheer on overcast dats.

Tom K.

I agree. This is a lovely pen. I saw one live at a show last week. The pictures do not do it justice.

I second the endorsement for Fritz Schimpf tuned/ground nibs.