Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, mana said:

Yes, it is indeed from a pre-war IBIS, hope these pictures help.

Thank you @mana for comment and photo.

Did the initial chevron nib also come with a three-fin feed? If so, it suggests that IBIS had a three-fin feed throughout its production, while 100N had a four-fin feed at its late production.   

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

5 hours ago, tacitus said:

Thank you @mana for comment and photo.

Did the initial chevron nib also come with a three-fin feed? If so, it suggests that IBIS had a three-fin feed throughout its production, while 100N had a four-fin feed at its late production.   

Yup, three-fin feed there also :)

7 hours ago, mana said:

Yup, three-fin feed there also :)

Thank you @mana, again😄.

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

On 2/28/2023 at 7:34 PM, mana said:

the nib unit that was in the IBIS 130 originally, the nib is the early logo/chevron nib for a 140 but the rest of the parts of the nib unit are the same as in the pre-war one… and that was a convoluted and lengthy way to say that it has a three-fin feed also

Very nice, detailed and considerate restoration work, also involving considerable individual research.

👏

The 130 and 140 are powerful, robust and sophisticaded pens, much underrated nowadays.

The 140 nib apparently evolved from the Ibis class of pens and is for some reason compatible and interchangeable in most cases, AFAIK.

@tacitus wrote:

Did the initial chevron nib also come with a three-fin feed? If so, it suggests that IBIS had a three-fin feed throughout its production, while 100N had a four-fin feed at its late production.

I haven’t seen an Ibis130 with 4-fin feed, so far. The section/collar bore diameter is also smaller than in 140, much alike Pelikan 100. The Ibis collar is practically the same as in Pelikan 100. One can rebuild a broken late 100 nib unit by replacing a broken 100 feed with the one from Ibis. Therefore it can also be concluded that the three-fin feed in Ibis130 was derived from the one in Pelikan 100 (they are slightly shorter but interchangeable!), *not from 100N*. Ibis nib units are incompatible with any of those in 100N, because of different feed, section and collar geometries.

I’m not aware if there had been an attempt of constructing a 4-fin feed for Ibis130.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:15 PM, stoen said:

I’m not aware if there had been an attempt of constructing a 4-fin feed for Ibis130.

Thank you for comments, @stoen.

I wanted to know if GW made a 4-fin feed for Ibis 130. 

On 3/5/2023 at 1:39 PM, tacitus said:

I wanted to know if GW made a 4-fin feed for Ibis 130

If they had, which I’m not aware of, such feeds would also have been great replacement/upgrade feeds for Pelikan 100 pens.

🙂

On 2/28/2023 at 5:14 AM, mana said:

Snaps galore, restored with new piston seals plus a light manual polish applied.

8827BEDE-A28F-4BC2-833C-C586A915AC37.jpeg

Really nice, Mana. Congratulations!

I have not posted any of my Pelikans, because my flock is not very noteworthy. But today I received pens I won in an auction last weekend and for once...I scored a deal on Ebay!!! The Seller is a long time Ebay seller from a rural Midwestern town. He doesn't accept returns and only ships within the US. His typical items are things like vintage thermoses and Barbies. In the Pelikan section of Ebay he listed this item as Pelikan Gunther Wagner fountain pen & pen & pencil. The listing was for a new item, though with the caveat, and lots of photos, showing that one corner of the box had a tear.

There were eleven photos in the listing, ten of which were of the box. I asked for photos of the nib, and he promptly responded with...four more photos of the box. I sent him a photo of what a nib looks like & where to find it, and he sent nice photos of the nib, but just to me. He did not add it to the listing. Thirty people were watching the auction. After I won I asked the Seller how many other people asked about the nib. One.

And below is what arrived today. And you know what? It is in fact an absolutely new set, never used, of 1980s Pelikan M400, D400 & K400 plus a bottle of never opened 4001 blue ink. Winning bid? $162.50.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

21 hours ago, lascosas said:

And below is what arrived today. And you know what? It is in fact an absolutely new set, never used, of 1980s Pelikan M400, D400 & K400 plus a bottle of never opened 4001 blue ink. Winning bid? $162.50.

Ooohh! Very well-done getting that lot for so little! 👍

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

7 hours ago, Major_Tom said:

Early production M910 with PF fine nib

A dream to own and use as an everyday pen

Lovely! 👍

I am totally envious.

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 7:31 PM, Lam1 said:

@alfredop when you forget a Pelikan 500, it speaks volumes about the other pen you got 😉.

The 500 is a wonderful pen! Congrats.

Here are my latest additions, which arrived in the last three days. 

A Pelikan 400NN M&K Black striped, which completes my M&K mini collection:

IMG_7362.thumb.jpg.78e86df3cd965a6a6e0c411b2e173b0d.jpg

A black M800 "set":IMG_7364.thumb.jpg.73de5f40fd1d0e40672692ef52fd5d1d.jpg

Set between quote marks because the pencil is an earlier version, with the medallion in the cap top. I did not know that Pelikan made 0.5 mm pencils, like this one. I bought this set for the pencil, which I have been looking for a little while. But I got a nice surprise with the nib which I knew it was an OB, but I didn't know it was a 14K OB!! (the seller didn't send any pictures of the nib, nor mentioned it was a 14k). Together with the black set I got a M800 green/black, old style (my favorite) for its BB 14K nib.IMG_7363.thumb.jpg.1c42cc9831b5b67a7605da416f32935b.jpg

Here are the nibs:

IMG_7365.thumb.jpg.f15c6a53620ec88349291ca58802785e.jpg

Interestingly, the OB is not oblique at all, but the BB is slightly oblique. It matters not, they are absolutely amazing nibs, and this purchase may prove to be a big mistake, starting a quest for more of these elusive nibs. To get nibs these good, I have to go back to my vintage Waterman's, Conklins and Moores.

Those nibs look amazing. I am sure there is some spring to it. For sure rare bird.

• 2 weeks later...

IBIS 130 completed, finally!

I decided to put this pen together from original parts or scrap. Therefore it took some time to have all the parts needed (including a functional elastomer piston and original nib unit). Here it is, with its flexible B nib, so I felt like sharing a pic of the pen:

0B5F3A3D-F457-4985-AFD4-E91218D6A8DE.jpeg.b257d41118f26cd0eabb1fd24ad5fa98.jpeg

and its nib close view:

79AA3FEA-C155-4833-A7A5-D501867D7C6E.jpeg.a7fe30022c02c425d35890e591392524.jpeg

Still a bit of work ahead, with cap ring tightening and clip re-plating.

🙂

Please pardon the “cellphone grade” quality of my photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Carola. The Lizard was inspired by hers, since you bought yours, I couldn't stop wanting one. They are very beautiful, I can say that they hypnotize. As a bonus it has a very flexible tip.

Pelikan 101 Lizard write.jpg