Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barutti:

Your collection, the quality and the rate at which you are adding acquiring these beautiful pens is blowing me away! I am in awe (and more than a little jealous).

Pelikan M640's: Niagara Falls, Indian Summer, Polar Lights.

A book and paper store was getting out of the high end pen business. The pens were marked half off. The sales offered to knock off another 25%. I couldn't resist. They have never been filled...may have been dipped for potential buyer. They all have medium nibs.

Hope the image is ok. I first took it with the ipad but the image was too big. so took a picture of my picture..

post-118622-0-62277700-1552598591_thumb.jpg

Barutti, this is fabulous!

I would not mind few more pictures...

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Just finish small servicing after arrival.. Pelikan 110 white gold double diamond.

fpn_1552597153__pelikan_110.jpg

Barutti, this one blows me away! I knew they existed but I've never seen one. And how the heck did you manage to buy it without the need to sell the house and the farm? Or did you? :huh:

Anyways, enjoy your precious find.

Pelikan M640's: Niagara Falls, Indian Summer, Polar Lights.

A book and paper store was getting out of the high end pen business. The pens were marked half off. The sales offered to knock off another 25%. I couldn't resist. They have never been filled...may have been dipped for potential buyer. They all have medium nibs.

Hope the image is ok. I first took it with the ipad but the image was too big. so took a picture of my picture..

Beatiful pens, I have not yet been able to get a pen from the 640 series.

Alfredo

Just finish small servicing after arrival.. Pelikan 110 white gold double diamond.

fpn_1552597153__pelikan_110.jpg

I've never seen this type of Pelikan before, but I am in love. Such a nice looking pen. Congrats. :thumbup: Is it a vintage pen, or a modern issue/reissue?

Edited by osallent

post-148689-0-69270700-1552717569_thumb.jpg

This is my first fountain pen purchase in 12 years. Just got it Friday straight from John Mottinshaw's site. She's a beauty, and hopefully the start of a new flock of special Pelikan pens.

Thank you, osallent and welcome back to f.p.world!

Great re-start with beautiful m101n red tortoise issue.

OMASsimo: Yes,its vintage pen from 1931-38 year. This one with tapered section must be from 1933..

MsRedpen: some more photos..

fpn_1552759170__pelikan_110_3.jpg

fpn_1552759372__pelikan_110_2.jpg

fpn_1552759397__pelikan_110_1.jpg

Edited by Barutti

Beautiful pen, thanks for the pictures!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I had some drama with the White Tortoise purchase. I checked tracking last night, and saw it was returning to seller. Unhappiness! I contacted amazon.com and UPS i-Parcel soon after.

Todays email brought an answer from amazon. Their tracking showed the item was damaged in transit, and was being returned to the seller. The money was being refunded, in 3-5 days.

However they wanted to make it right, so if I reordered they would upgrade shipping for free. Let them know. I thought I should probably wait to see the refund hit, but you can guess, yes I reordered. Replied to the email to let them know.

Later I get a reply thanking me for the reorder. But, the other agent was wrong about being able to change Global Seller shipping costs. However they wanted to make this right, and said they would give a 15% credit on the purchase after either it shipped or was delivered. Fifteen percent off will be around $20.

The wait continues but the price will go down. On that note, Ive been reading here about endlesspens.com, and they have what looks like good prices on Pelikan and other brands.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

I had some drama with the White Tortoise purchase. I checked tracking last night, and saw it was returning to seller. Unhappiness! I contacted amazon.com and UPS i-Parcel soon after.

Todays email brought an answer from amazon. Their tracking showed the item was damaged in transit, and was being returned to the seller. The money was being refunded, in 3-5 days.

However they wanted to make it right, so if I reordered they would upgrade shipping for free. Let them know. I thought I should probably wait to see the refund hit, but you can guess, yes I reordered. Replied to the email to let them know.

Later I get a reply thanking me for the reorder. But, the other agent was wrong about being able to change Global Seller shipping costs. However they wanted to make this right, and said they would give a 15% credit on the purchase after either it shipped or was delivered. Fifteen percent off will be around $20.

The wait continues but the price will go down. On that note, Ive been reading here about endlesspens.com, and they have what looks like good prices on Pelikan and other brands.

Sorry to hear about that Misfit. What rotten luck! At least they are willing to try to give you a credit. Besides endless pens, I got a good deal on a Pelikan when Cult pens had a 10% off in January (the m400s were priced at $185 usd). I'm keeping an eye out for their next sale, whenever that may be...

Thank you oregano. When it eventually arrives, it will be a lower cost, so that will be the good side of this. It makes for a very long wait in the effort to save money. Still, that is what made me finally order the White Tortoise.

Brown Tortoise looks pretty neat with the Diamine Chocolate in it.

Alt Goldgrün is still the first ink for WT, Edelstein Amber might be after AG. A pen pal recommended it.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

A gruop addition to the flock ;) Last two weeks:

* M900 Toledo (broad, but now Italic Broad IB)

* M805 Ocean Swirl (as you can see very different appearance depending on the angle - beautiful)

* Pelikan 6 pens tray (already full house)

* M800 IB nib (WOW!)

* M600 Torquise (to match my M600 Pink)

* 450 pencils in green and brow to match my 400nns - finally, waited for them for almost 3 months, due to Italian/polish post glitch on the way.

http://gakko.pl/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MG_3661-709x1024.jpg

http://gakko.pl/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MG_3663-1024x768.jpg

http://gakko.pl/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MG_3664-1024x768.jpg

http://gakko.pl/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MG_3668-1024x768.jpg

http://gakko.pl/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MG_3676-1024x768.jpg

Michal

URUSHI Studio, bespoke urushi fountain pens

Well, I guess I won’t be adding to the flock because yet again the tracking shows the White Tortoise returning to the seller. Which is terribly odd since it allegedly only shipped today.

Meanwhile it went up in price $105. I wish I knew who the seller was, so I could avoid them like the plague. This is incredibly disappointing.

I guess I’ve learned a lesson: never order from Amazon when the seller is hidden.

Posted Image

That really sucks. Can you contact Amazon about this (the way filing a dispute works on eBay?). And are you getting your money back?

I had trouble with a 3rd party seller awhile back (in my case it was a CD). And my feedback precisely documented the experience (no tracking info, and then instead of it being delivered by DHL, it got thrown in the mail with the rest of the stuff that was delivered after we got back from Thanksgiving (and of course NOT put inside the storm door as I had requested of BOTH Amazon and the seller, in case the weather got bad). The seller THEN contacted me and offered me a partial refund if I would amend my review! Oh, I amended it alright.... :angry: The good news was that the CD only cost me 68¢ because I already had some rewards points that I had applied to the purchase initially. The bad news, of course, is that the seller is probably still out there potentially fleecing other customers (the reviews on the seller's FB page were even MORE negative!)....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."