Adding To The Flock

mana

Icon, holding an icon…😛

If one does a more detailed image search, it is possible to find more pictures this person with a Pelikan 100/101-type model either in his hand or in his jacket pocket.

F857432C-26ED-47F1-AFAD-FBE1ABA5BFBF.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought a Pelikan 400nn yesterday through a Dutch advertising site. It belonged to an elderly gentleman who bought the pen new over 50 years ago, used it a few times and then forgot about it. The nice thing was that the pen was sold to him by my mother, in my parents' small stationery store. My parents are now 90 years old (and still living in good health in their own home) and sold the business 25 years ago. But very nice that this pen has found its way home after 50 years. So this pen stays with me permanently.

20211227_104836.jpg

24 minutes ago, Hans01 said:

Bought a Pelikan 400nn yesterday through a Dutch advertising site. It belonged to an elderly gentleman who bought the pen new over 50 years ago, used it a few times and then forgot about it. The nice thing was that sold to him by my mother in my parents' small stationery store. My parents are now 90 years old (and still living in good health in their own home) and sold the business 25 years ago. But very nice that this pen has found its way home after 50 years. So this pen stays with me permanently.

20211227_104836.jpg

Great story!!!

1 hour ago, Hans01 said:

But very nice that this pen has found its way home after 50 years.

Congratulations! Both, very nice story and a very nice pen. I also happen to have a few Pelikan pens (two yellow 100 and a red 100N) which had belonged to my family estate. I’ve re-discovered them having been forgotten for decades, so I know the feeling. Unfortunately not in a NOS condition, so they needed some restoration work. 

They also stay with me permanently.

🙂

@Hans01-- Amazing story!  Thanks for sharing it.

Do your parents remember the original owner after all these years?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 12/27/2021 at 11:01 AM, Hans01 said:

Bought a Pelikan 400nn yesterday through a Dutch advertising site. It belonged to an elderly gentleman who bought the pen new over 50 years ago, used it a few times and then forgot about it. The nice thing was that the pen was sold to him by my mother, in my parents' small stationery store. My parents are now 90 years old (and still living in good health in their own home) and sold the business 25 years ago. But very nice that this pen has found its way home after 50 years. So this pen stays with me permanently.

20211227_104836.jpg

Love it! Pen and story!

5 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

@Hans01-- Amazing story!  Thanks for sharing it.

Do your parents remember the original owner after all these years?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Yes, she rememberd him. He was a regular customer, that visited the store regularly. The funny thing is that my mother didn't understand why someone would sell such a nice pen. She would never sell one of her own pens (she gave them to me)

an unpretentious addition (to an already large number of M200s) this M200 old style blue marble became necessary to replace one of my workhorse pens (which gets very frequent use) that has developed a bad crack on the cap...

It's coming in early January (seller's photo)

large.792895345_PelikanM200bluemarbleM6a.jpg.6fc55176f6be3f017ed695a991db9a5c.jpg

Received my first Pelikan today, a ringed M215. So more of a flick than a flock. Four months into exploring fountain pens and the steel medium nib, feed, filling system on this baby are super interesting to me. The pen's a wonderful way to end my year, letting me know that my fling with fountain pens will be a flong.

Just completed a purchase of a new old style M600 with 18k OB nib from Rick Propas. He says it should ship by Tuesday. 

It will be my first M600. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

~ @Chimera01: What a terrific pairing!

Thank you for posting the lovely image.

That's an especially attractive fountain pen.

Happy writing in 2022 and beyond!

Tom K.

3 minutes ago, Tom Kellie said:

~ @Chimera01: What a terrific pairing!

Thank you for posting the lovely image.

That's an especially attractive fountain pen.

Happy writing in 2022 and beyond!

Tom K.

Thanks, Tom! I feel very fortunate to have found the blue stripe M805 as Pelikan pens seem to be in short supply these days. 

1 hour ago, Chimera01 said:

Thanks, Tom! I feel very fortunate to have found the blue stripe M805 as Pelikan pens seem to be in short supply these days. 

~ @Chimera01: Your good fortune is ours, as the photo with the Iroshizuku Ama-iro ink is especially pleasing.

At this time there is a Pelikan M805 blue-rhodium with an IB nib being readied for me in Tübingen, Germany.

When it arrives from Fritz Schimpf it will be the 3rd Pelikan Souverän M800/805 IB on my writing desk.

Seeing yours is heartening, as it underscores how eye-pleasing the colors are.

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...

One more to add and now the flock is complete. Here's the new Pelikan M605 Stresemann. Thought best to get on with it as there seems to be chaos at Pelikan and I've noted their 'fine writing' site has been archived. These should do me. 

IMG_3619.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chimera01 said:

One more to add and now the flock is complete. Here's the new Pelikan M605 Stresemann. Thought best to get on with it as there seems to be chaos at Pelikan and I've noted their 'fine writing' site has been archived. These should do me. 

IMG_3619.jpeg

Great choice.  I am also “flocked out”, having purchased a M800, M600, M400, 400, and 400nn las year to join my M200.  Those six birds should last me until I migrate myself.

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A2 (Fine) - Montblanc Irish Green

Parker "51" Aerometric (Broad, England) - Waterman Black

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refill

1 hour ago, Waverly said:

Great choice.  I am also “flocked out”, having purchased a M800, M600, M400, 400, and 400nn las year to join my M200.  Those six birds should last me until I migrate myself.

Thank you :) I first went for the plain black and gold M1000 (F). I would have preferred rhodium but that was what was available. Added the blue rhodium M805 (M) which was very difficult to find and the M605 Stresemann above in a B nib. So not quite as many as you, but they should see me through. The M1000 is currently inked with Robert Oster Black Violet, the M805 with Diamine Monboddo's Hat, and the M605 will get a fill of Kiri-Same later on today or tomorrow.