Adding To The Flock

mana

Ive got an M400 white torty on the way. From the Amazon Global Store UK, which I think is sourced from Iguanasell.

http://i65.tinypic.com/v7bi38.jpg

I do believe that is the same as I just bought. Yours should arrive first. Please update here when you get it. By the way, did you get to choose the nib size?

Posted Image

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently traded my Lamy 2000 for my first Pelikan--a blue stripe M400 with a fine nib. I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this pen! It is a delightful writer. I am already thinking of buying another Pelikan once I graduate (even though I always dreamed of getting a MB 149 at that time...). I can surely say that this will not be my last.

I recently traded my Lamy 2000 for my first Pelikan--a blue stripe M400 with a fine nib. I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this pen! It is a delightful writer. I am already thinking of buying another Pelikan once I graduate (even though I always dreamed of getting a MB 149 at that time...). I can surely say that this will not be my last.

That was my experience. Though I have diversified my collection, I carry Pelikan more than any other brand.

Just bought my first Pelikan. Got the M205 Demo gift set with the extra italic nib since it went on sale for $125 at Goldspot. Can’t wait, I’ve wanted a Pelikan awhile but wasn’t sure which. The 205 was one in consideration and at that price I couldn’t resist

That was my experience. Though I have diversified my collection, I carry Pelikan more than any other brand.

I can see myself going down that road rather easily!

A MB 149 is a really good pen ....... if you can't lay hands on a Pelikan.

The 149 is the pen that got me really "interested" in fountain pens. There is an image of a 149 nib on the cover of a collection of Kafka's stories that I have, and as soon as I saw it I was determined to have one (I knew nothing of fountain pens at the time). This M400 has me thinking that it might be OK to put that purchase on hold for a while longer :)

I can see myself going down that road rather easily!

The 149 is the pen that got me really "interested" in fountain pens. There is an image of a 149 nib on the cover of a collection of Kafka's stories that I have, and as soon as I saw it I was determined to have one (I knew nothing of fountain pens at the time). This M400 has me thinking that it might be OK to put that purchase on hold for a while longer :)

I was of course speaking in jest, at least to some degree. An MB 149 is a top tier pen, and as I am sure you have learned they don't come cheap.. Pelikan and MB both make excellent pens. I have one MB and a box full of Pelikans, all about personal preference.

I am afraid you are already out on the slippery slope.

Added these three:

fpn_1552014350__img_5615.jpg

The pens are in pristine condition: not a hint of brassing and fantastic transparency. Lovely OM and OB nibs too - the OM (stickered) does not even seem to have been used. But all three have this monogram (the FPs have it on the cap)

fpn_1552014442__img_5616.jpg

which seems to me like a company logo. Has anyone seen this logo before?

But, gotta love these birds: the OB had dried ink which, since it seems barely used, must have been there for decades. Well, the piston was just slightly stiff, but working perfectly!

Edited by Lam1

Beautiful color. I do not know about the logo, but they are attractive pens.

Posted Image

Beautiful color. I do not know about the logo, but they are attractive pens.

Thank you, Misfit.

Yes, that grey tint makes them very attractive to me.

The logo is driving me crazy though :) , because I feel like I have seen it before.

But, I don't mind it on the pens.

most probably "Gas-, Elektrizitäts- und Wasserwerke" (Cologne)[/size]

the company changed the name and is today called "RheinEnergie AG"

c.

Thank you, Christof. It’s much appreciated.

My new "granite" M800 Renaissance Brown is writing like a dream. Those flecks in the resin can really sparkle under bright light.

46402549005_ecc75b7b1f_k.jpg

My new "granite" M800 Renaissance Brown is writing like a dream. Those flecks in the resin can really sparkle under bright light.

46402549005_ecc75b7b1f_k.jpg

Wow, what a beauty! Is Pelikan filling the gap that OMAS left when they were liquidated? This almost looks like a celluloid pen.

I didn't buy another pen for quite a while (almost a year) and the first acquisition after this hiatus was this Pelikan M30.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The M30 was produced from 1965 through 1970 after Pelikan stopped the production of the 100(N), 120, 140, and 400(NN). This was their attempt to counter the impact of the ballpoint and give their pens a more contemporary design. They even mentioned the "firm nib" in their advertisements to point out that it writes more like a ballpoint. Well, fortunately it doesn't but the nib sure is stiff. This is quite unlike the earlier Pelikan nibs, which I like a lot. The M30 is a piston filler with a rolled gold cap (slip cap) and was fairly expensive at the time. The flagship was the M60, which also had a rolled gold barrel. The corresponding Pxx models where cartridge fillers at the same price as the Mxx pens.

You don't see many of them anymore and they seem not to be very popular. So, I was curious and lucky to get this one for a song. It arrived in perfect working condition and I polsihed up the cosmetics a little, which took me no more than perhaps 15 minutes. The nib size isn't specified but it writes like a broad oblique (OB) and it does so very well. Ink flow is perfect and the nib is very smooth. It's an excellent daily writer.