Adding To The Flock

mana

1 minute ago, debraji said:

I like the second pen from the left--the green tortoiseshell with the gold cap. A 500? (Not sure of the model number.) Simply gorgeous--as is the whole collection.

That would be the M450 Green Tortoise. One of the most beautiful modern Pelikans in my opinion.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mana said:

That would be the M450 Green Tortoise. One of the most beautiful modern Pelikans in my opinion.

Mine would be the vintage 500 in Sea Green. *sigh

3 hours ago, carola said:

I can live nicely without most of the Raden pens

🙂

So do I.

I use fountain pens for writing.

Most of my flock is inked most of the time.

The qualities I look for in a pen are largely different from those a “collectible” should have. Unfortunately, no modern pen I’ve tried does not have them, or at least not at a reasonsble price.

Nevertheless, Raden pens are worth my respect for the design ingeniouity, evocation of Pelikan tradition, good taste, skillful craftmanship and admirable labour.

And I guess I can live without them as nicely as I can live without, let’s say, a Maynard Dixon or a Hokusai painting.

🙂

Pelikan M101N Tortoise Shell Brown 

Pelikan M101N Lizard 

Pelikan M650 Green stripe Vermeil Cap

Pelikan M450 Tortoise Gold Vermeil Cap

Pelikan M350 Black Vermeil Cap

Pelikan M250 Old '97 Lavender Brown Tortoise 

Edited by kane-kazu

57 minutes ago, kane-kazu said:

Pelikan M101N Tortoise Shell Brown 

Pelikan M101N Lizard 

Pelikan M650 Green stripe Vermeil Cap

Pelikan M450 Tortoise Gold Vermeil Cap

Pelikan M250 Old '97 Lavender Brown Tortoise 

Quick! Hide them! Carola is coming! 

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

9 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

Quick! Hide them! Carola is coming! 

Ssshhhh... just for the Lizard. They won't even notice!

Last week I received these 500. The Tortoise was a gift from my lovely wife and, thus, it has a very special place in my collection.

IMG_8725.thumb.JPG.d82581d987c3021e4c25559f6a78a06c.JPG 

A couple of weeks back I received these two.

IMG_8726.thumb.JPG.b4b905b249f55be75ecdd7629e989e68.JPG

The M101N will make company to our (my wife's and mine) other M101N:

IMG_8727.thumb.JPG.bd35b6ebb04a2f1b7a9aec64dc8f0cf4.JPG

The only one missing, of the "regular" ones, is the brown tortoise,  which in my opinion is the most beautiful of the five. But, at the prices they are going for, I doubt it will join my collection any time soon.

these 500 are just beautiful. 

500 in tortoise finish is on my wish list too, alongside with M850 with vermeil cap.   

On 3/14/2021 at 7:53 PM, carola said:

I can live nicely without most of the Raden pens. But kane-kazu has those two I would really love to own. I checked ebay and was surprised to find several of them for sale and also at a considerably "lower" price than I would have thought. But nevertheless they are somewhat expensive to carry around. So I'll continue to enjoy my M815 Metal Striped which is somewhat similar to those two Royal Raden pens.

I have both M815 and Raden Platinum and in my subjective opinion M815 has more complete design and less "sparkling". Raden edition pens cap when screwed  don't cover full ink window and 2-3 mm. remains visible. It looks quite strange.. 😞  

10 hours ago, Barutti said:

these 500 are just beautiful. 

500 in tortoise finish is on my wish list too, alongside with M850 with vermeil cap.   

Oh, I'm sure you'll come across a 500 tortie soon. I mean, your  collection  is simply amazing!

The M850 is on my list too. But  I'm not in a hurry, since I have the M1050.

Pelikan M320 Pearl White

Pelikan M320 Green

Pelikan M320 Orange

Pelikan M300 Black

Pelikan M300 Green stripe

IMG-0099.thumb.jpg.04fdc9277bfc4537affea58f684796c6.jpg

2021/3/15の午前7時52分、カネカズは次のように述べています。

ペリカンM101Nトータスシェルブラウン 

ペリカンM101Nトカゲ 

ペリカンM650グリーンストライプヴェルメイユ裏

ペリカンM450トーゴールドヴェルメイユ裏

ペリカンM350ブラックバーメイル

ペリカンM250オールド'97ラベンダーブラウントータス 

On 3/16/2021 at 3:39 PM, kane-kazu said:

Pelikan M320 Pearl White

Pelikan M320 Green

Pelikan M320 Orange

Pelikan M300 Black

Pelikan M300 Green stripe

IMG-0099.thumb.jpg.04fdc9277bfc4537affea58f684796c6.jpg

Nice! I decided at one point the 300 series were too small for my hand and sold mine off. It's one of the only Pelikans I've ever sold and I honestly regret it. Just look how adorable those are!

Indeed. Never consider M300 as comfortable for daily use, but these looks very nice. 

Received email from Cult that my M600 Red Tortoise is finally being returned. 

eta: And it's already reached Los Angeles! Just a day or two now.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

NOS, black 14K 250.

NOS, an old style marbled blue 200's thee pen set. OB.

0.5 lead in the D-200 MP. I'm not sure but read the older 450 MP took "either 1.18 (1.1) or 0.9 mm".

in the 200 K, has an M with Pelikan 337 Jotter style refill.....which is much better than my '56-65 400 BP's skinny ink stift.

A much better ball point than the old Pelikan 400 ball point a '50's style ball point....I didn't have the 'normal' problems from that era, but, the old Papermate seemed  as good.

The old 450 and the new D 200 MP's are a match for such great balance in an MP. I've raved much about the 450; and from one that hated all MP's until I tried that 450.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

A few new chicks have flown in here in the last week or two. I shall get them together for their kindergarten picture.

carola wrote: <Mine would be the vintage 500 in Sea Green. *sigh>  +1!  (but I also lust after one of the vintage lizards!)

Nothing exclusive, but this cute little M150/481 flew in this weekend, along with a never inked W-Germany M150 and its matching ballpoint in a leather case (not pictured). 

qkND3LG.png

The bottle is still more than half-full of ink.

It never ceases to amaze me how well these steel-nibed little birds write. They write better than some of my other modern pens with gold nibs.

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

2 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

It never ceases to amaze me how well these steel-nibed little birds write. They write better than some of my other modern pens with gold nibs.

Completely agree - I have a real soft spot for the pre 97 M150. Great little workhorse pens, and almost without exception fantastic writers. I just wish I could find a source of replacement gaskets as I now have two needing attention and the place I managed to get them in the past is no longer responding to email.