Adding To The Flock

mana

I don't know if it counts but I've just received a Pelikan three pens leather case, for my small flock !

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You do realize that they breed in captivity, right? :D A three pen case will very quickly be insufficient storage....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You do realize that they breed in captivity, right? :D A three pen case will very quickly be insufficient storage....

Exactly-Had to get the birds their own chest

No, I mean JUST the birds.... :rolleyes:

I started with an older M400 Brown Tortoise for a special occasion. I now have (in addition to that) a couple of newer M405s, a 1950s era 400, a couple of 1980s era small pens (a Pelikano and an M100), an M120 Iconic Blue, the new M600 Violet and White, the M200 that a friend gave me as a joke because it has the Bayer logo on it (not realizing what an M200 is worth -- she got it on Freecycle by someone giving it away!) and -- if I haven't lost the second one completely -- an M200 Café Crème (replacing one I DID lose :crybaby:).

Vintage Esterbrooks are like potato chips -- you can't have just one. Pelikans? They're more like EXPENSIVE potato chips.... (My four most expensive pens in the entire stash of ALL brands and models are, in order of price, the M405 Streseman, the M405 Blue Black, M600, the 400, and the M400). Although I only paid five bucks for the Pelikano :D; it's a kids' pen, and a c/c pen, and the nib is a nail -- but it is a SMOOTH writing nail. :thumbup:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I got this some time ago, but had not found the time to take a decent pic until now

here is my Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl

fpn_1586386206__p1190206-3_pelikan_m805_

The truth is that I got it for my current Pelikan collection, which consists of three for the time...Around September I plan to buy the M805 blue striated, so yes, the storage will be insufficient...

For a couple of years, I kept an Edison Premiere in the middle of a triple case between an M600 and a K600, and nothing even happened. Then I few years back, I replaced that Edison with a taupe M200, and now I somehow have 14 Pelikans. It is truly amazing how they can proliferate if one is not careful. :D

The good news is that I have arranged to send some of them to good homes where they will receive more care and attention than I have time to give them, but all of them are special...

No, I mean JUST the birds.... :rolleyes:

I started with an older M400 Brown Tortoise for a special occasion. I now have (in addition to that) a couple of newer M405s, a 1950s era 400, a couple of 1980s era small pens (a Pelikano and an M100), an M120 Iconic Blue, the new M600 Violet and White, the M200 that a friend gave me as a joke because it has the Bayer logo on it (not realizing what an M200 is worth -- she got it on Freecycle by someone giving it away!) and -- if I haven't lost the second one completely -- an M200 Café Crème (replacing one I DID lose :crybaby:).

Vintage Esterbrooks are like potato chips -- you can't have just one. Pelikans? They're more like EXPENSIVE potato chips.... (My four most expensive pens in the entire stash of ALL brands and models are, in order of price, the M405 Streseman, the M405 Blue Black, M600, the 400, and the M400). Although I only paid five bucks for the Pelikano :D; it's a kids' pen, and a c/c pen, and the nib is a nail -- but it is a SMOOTH writing nail. :thumbup:

Yes, REALLY expensive potato chips. :lticaptd:

Forgive me FPN; it has been barely four short days since my last fountain pen purchase and already I have bought a Stresemann M805 even though I have the same in an M1005.

Edited by Uncial

I thought I would put a pic of my flock , which has grown steadily over the years

They are mostly the old 400 size.

M200 blue marble – W Germany on cap band , so prior to the wall coming down

M205 New blue marble version

100N green 1940’s (the caps may be switched around) not a gold nib

100N grey 1950’s (the caps may be switched around)

400nn tortoise 1950’5

400 tortoise 1950’5

400 green very flexible nib

140 green

Pencil

M400 tortoise W Germany on cap band , so prior to the wall coming down

M200 Cognac italic

M205 Red

M100 – White Odd pen from ebay –

M100 - Black

fpn_1587237774__img_0192_-_copy_2.jpg

I thought I would put a pic of my flock , which has grown steadily over the years

They are mostly the old 400 size.

M200 blue marble W Germany on cap band , so prior to the wall coming down

M205 New blue marble version

100N green 1940s (the caps may be switched around) not a gold nib

100N grey 1950s (the caps may be switched around)

400nn tortoise 19505

400 tortoise 19505

400 green very flexible nib

140 green

Pencil

M400 tortoise W Germany on cap band , so prior to the wall coming down

M200 Cognac italic

M205 Red

M100 White Odd pen from ebay

M100 - Black

fpn_1587237774__img_0192_-_copy_2.jpg

That is a lovely flock! Thank you for sharing. It appears we have one pen in common (but which one?) 😃

I am a big fan of the modern M6xx chassis, and I am trying to love the bigger M8xx, but if anything, when I have a choice, I reach for the smaller M200s, so perhaps maybe I should start taking a longer look at both the modern and vintage 400 models.

Whoever is keeping two Pelikans with a Parker in one case; you do know the Pelikan behaves a bit like the cuckoo, right?

One day you'll come home, the Parker will be lying smashed on the floor, and there will be a baby M200 or Pel 120 in the case with its proud parents...

I really love English John's collection. All those gorgeous colours from greyish blue through stripy green to dark tortoise, with a dash of tabasco to live it up. Nice pen drawer, too!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Whoever is keeping two Pelikans with a Parker in one case; you do know the Pelikan behaves a bit like the cuckoo, right?

One day you'll come home, the Parker will be lying smashed on the floor, and there will be a baby M200 or Pel 120 in the case with its proud parents...

:lticaptd:

Although I think my Parkers are probably tough enough to put any of the Pelikans in their place.... ;) Especially since there are a lot more of them....

• 2 weeks later...

This morning, I ordered a black/blue M400 (Broad) from pen chalet - along with a bottle of Edelstein Onyx.

It will be my first Pelikan. I could have ordered the same pen for less from Cult Pens (and waited weeks to receive it). But I am doing this one for a test, before I invest a lot more money into a black/green M800 or M1000 - either of which will come from Cult Pens or similar. I want to make sure I like Pelikan pens before making the bigger purchase!

According to Goulet pen plaza, this size looks about the same as a posted TWSBI Vac Mini, which is fine by me. And I have been jonesing for a Broad nib lately. :puddle:

xEEDMB3.png

Edited by NumberSix

After a long wait and much searching, I got an Aquamarine M205 to join its gemstone siblings in the flock. Jeepers, I wish I'd bought it in 2016 when it came out! Still, patience got me a bargain because it came rather incognito in a bundle of 5 pens for way less than the cheapest Aquamarine I've seen in a long time. I say incognito because the pens were not named and the photo was not the best, but I was sure enough to go for it.

Bundled were: Parker 95 matt black, Parker Urban Premium chiselled black, M120 Aquamarine, Conklin Heritage Conklinetta Snr black, and Conklin Victory blue.

Now I'm just waiting for my Pastel Green M200 to arrive from Fontoplumo.

Glenn.

The truth is that Pelikans outnumber my Parkers, so my next photo will be with their baby in the case. From a M805 and a M600 comes an old style M600, right? ;)

Edited by gmathio

By that logic, I should put the M400 Brown Tortoise in the case between a couple of Parker 51s -- maybe I'll get a Cordovan Brown 51 Vac that way.... ;)

Our latest acquisitions:

fpn_1588387825__img_7897.jpg

My wife's M200 Pastel Green arrived last week or so. The M800 Demo Traditional Chinese marks arrived today. Neither has been inked yet.

Here is the newest arrival together with it's siblings (the Chronoswiss is inked with some green ink)

fpn_1588387977__img_7898.jpg

(forgive the bad cell phone pics. I'm too lazy to get the camera out).

Our latest acquisitions:

fpn_1588387825__img_7897.jpg

My wife's M200 Pastel Green arrived last week or so. The M800 Demo Traditional Chinese marks arrived today. Neither has been inked yet.

Here is the newest arrival together with it's siblings (the Chronoswiss is inked with some green ink)

fpn_1588387977__img_7898.jpg

(forgive the bad cell phone pics. I'm too lazy to get the camera out).

Holy cow!

Edited by SenZen

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell