• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooh! :)

Congratulations on your beautiful set :thumbup:

+1. The classic green-black striped Pelikans are still my favorite. I hope you enjoy them for years to come.

+1. The classic green-black striped Pelikans are still my favorite. I hope you enjoy them for years to come.

While not my favorite color (although I do have a 1950s era 400), I certainly do consider them to be iconic -- they just sort of scream "Pelikan!" to me. Much the same way that some of the 1930s-40s celluloids scream "Parker Vacumatic".... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

There are two smaller elastic loops underneath the larger leather strap. It holds the 600 size snugly. I also tried the 800 size, but felt like the zipper was a little too pressed against the pens where it didn't rest against the leather strap. The 200 or 400 pens would probably be an even safer bet.

I love the early M800s. Recently got a blue one. Post-'89, but with the gold disc at the bottom and the stamped cap top. Still stickered, and with a sweet Medium PF nib.

fpn_1584059259__pelm800blue.jpg

Edited by Readymade
Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

Recently, I've bought the Stresemann in both M1005 (M to CI by Mottishaw) and M805 (F to stub) and an M805 demo (F to CI). I also bought a new M400 M nib from him, stubbed.

One of my PenBBS pens came with a nice sleeve that I haven't used much for that pen. But I found it is a perfect match for my M1005.

Very quick in and out. Effective casual protection.

WriterShelf_Pelikan-M1005_Stresemann_03_

That is actually a damn nice design for a single. Hmmmmm...

Yay! My green and black 3 pen Pelikan case arrived! For anyone thinking about getting one, this is how they look with the 800 size in it.

fpn_1584133569__pelikan_green_and_black_

fpn_1584134011__pelikan_black_and_green_

fpn_1584134088__pelikan_black_and_green_

fpn_1584134120__pelikan_black_and_green_

It's pretty similar to the all black version I've had for years, but the stitching is a lot larger.

I can't remember if I've already posted this and don't want to bother searching this thread so here it is again. I bought an M251 from Italy just after Christmas. The picture shows it compared to an M400 Green/Black striated and M120 - new version. When it arrived I fitted a 'spare' 18k M two-tone nib - a real treat!

fpn_1579691521__m250_comparison-2.jpg

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

This is definitely a grail pen for me: a Pelikan M700 Toledo with a delicious 18c medium PF nib. Although the pen was advertised as being from 1996 I believe it to be from 1990 as the piston knob is identified as W.-Germany. I love the nib on this pen!

fpn_1584654013__pelikan_toledo.jpg

The pen is engraved with this info: 9/L22 CT

This is from an advertisement for a similar pen: Pelikan M700 debuted in 1986. In the earlier days, M700 Toledos were engraved by 3 artists (initials CT, EH and JB). Among the three, CT is the earliest engraver (and the most creative one in my opinion) and he has long retired. This is one of the earlier art pieces made by CT.

This is definitely a grail pen for me: a Pelikan M700 Toledo with a delicious 18c medium PF nib. Although the pen was advertised as being from 1996 I believe it to be from 1990 as the piston knob is identified as W.-Germany. I love the nib on this pen!

fpn_1584654013__pelikan_toledo.jpg

The pen is engraved with this info: 9/L22 CT

This is from an advertisement for a similar pen: Pelikan M700 debuted in 1986. In the earlier days, M700 Toledos were engraved by 3 artists (initials CT, EH and JB). Among the three, CT is the earliest engraver (and the most creative one in my opinion) and he has long retired. This is one of the earlier art pieces made by CT.

That's really lovely. If the M700 the M400 size or the M600 size? The M900 is the M800 size, I think.

I love those PF nibs. All my older M800s are either f or m 14kt or B PF nibs ground to a cursive italic . So delightful to write with with just a small, satisfying amount of spring.

That's really lovely. If the M700 the M400 size or the M600 size? The M900 is the M800 size, I think.

I love those PF nibs. All my older M800s are either f or m 14kt or B PF nibs ground to a cursive italic . So delightful to write with with just a small, satisfying amount of spring.

Thank you. The Toledo M700 is the M400 size while the M900 is the M800 size. I also love the PF nibs that are absolutely delightful.

Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne soft fine.

That’s a not-unattractive (for a c/c fill) pen, and I believe it to be a well-made one that writes beautifully :)

But, as ‘tis not made by Pelikan, I am now going to drum-up the rest of the Superstitious Peasants in my village, light some burning torches and chase after you (shouting vile curses and gesticulating at you with our pitchforks all the time), as the ‘un-believer!’ and ‘Witch!’ that ye surely must be to have shown a ‘foreign pen’ to us here :yikes:

;) :D

Srsly tho, nice pen :thumbup:

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

That’s a not-unattractive (for a c/c fill) pen, and I believe it to be a well-made one that writes beautifully :)

But, as ‘tis not made by Pelikan, I am now going to drum-up the rest of the Superstitious Peasants in my village, light some burning torches and chase after you (shouting vile curses and gesticulating at you with our pitchforks all the time), as the ‘un-believer!’ and ‘Witch!’ that ye surely must be to have shown a ‘foreign pen’ to us here :yikes:

;) :D

Srsly tho, nice pen :thumbup:

:lticaptd:

Very funny!