Adding To The Flock

mana

23 minutes ago, senzen said:

That M670 is way darker than it seemed... Looks better to me.

it is a beautiful tone of gray, the only problem, after seeing it live, is that I have a strong attraction toward the white Toledo 🥶

Alfredo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, alfredop said:

it is a beautiful tone of gray, the only problem, after seeing it live, is that I have a strong attraction toward the white Toledo 🥶

Alfredo

That white Toledo looks gorgeous. Luckily both are way beyond my max budget, doesn't mean I can't admire them from afar.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Not only is that white Toledo way beyond my budget, I suspect that it might be too large and/or heavy a pen for me.  But it sure is pretty, though, isn't it?  Sigh....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I wanted a m800 F to go with my M805 M and while shopping for nibs I found a number of 2019 m805 Blue Dunes on eBay.... I got the M805 back on 9/28/17... must be some sort of 7 year itch thing.

IMG_6853.jpg

Laguna Niguel, California.

I recently bought a nos Pelikan M250 on eBay. 
This has a special 12 carat gold nib. I think that's a nib you don't see often. 
The first time I have come across a 12 carat nib from Pelikan. 
The description of the advertisement stated that it was a 14 carat nib. So I was lucky.

20240927_111545.jpg

20240927_111704.jpg

On 9/26/2024 at 6:08 PM, Driften said:

I wanted a m800 F to go with my M805 M and while shopping for nibs I found a number of 2019 m805 Blue Dunes on eBay.... I got the M805 back on 9/28/17... must be some sort of 7 year itch thing.

IMG_6853.jpg

Sigh.... 

Don't suppose they ever made Blue Dunes in a smaller size pen.... 

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Sigh.... 

Don't suppose they ever made Blue Dunes in a smaller size pen.... 

Sorry no.... at least from what I've seen on the pelikans perch. Think there was the same basic acrylic in brown before it but think that may also only been in the m800.

Laguna Niguel, California.

On 9/27/2024 at 9:34 AM, Hans01 said:

I recently bought a nos Pelikan M250 on eBay.
This has a special 12 carat gold nib. I think that's a nib you don't see often.
The first time I have come across a 12 carat nib from Pelikan.
The description of the advertisement stated that it was a 14 carat nib. So I was lucky.

This is quite a handsome pen, @Hans01.  What is this nib like to write with?  And indeed, I don't think I've run across any 12K nib.

Currently most used pen: Eboya Houju Medium size with Bock 14K <F> nib -- Pilot Blue Black Ink

5 hours ago, Lam1 said:

M200.

Not looking to add any pens lately, but for € 10 I couldn’t pass.

large.IMG_1689.jpeg.f1c5fec538489450f58d882d548b2b60.jpeg

Nor should you have. Great find.

3 hours ago, carlos.q said:

I had been looking for the Pelikan GO! for some time, end finally got one.

PelikanGO.jpg

Really? I have one lying around here and I am not quite sure what to do with it, left-handed model, "inherited" from my brother. 😉

22 hours ago, carlos.q said:

I had been looking for the Pelikan GO! for some time, end finally got one.

PelikanGO.jpg

Congratulations! Always good to get one more Pelikan. 

Hi, 

it’s been a while since my last visit to the thread.

Here’s a little brown pen I’ve found in rather poor condition (warped cap, shattered binde, “shaved” captop, broken feed, rotten piston). It took me months of minute work and patience to restore it (especially the celluloid parts) to full form and function - all parts are original…

Some times one has to wait for weeks until the celluloid “settles”.

Hope you’ll like it.

IMG_9934.thumb.jpeg.45b202a5926a942170e57210be1e594d.jpeg

5 hours ago, stoen said:

Hi, 

it’s been a while since my last visit to the thread.

Here’s a little brown pen I’ve found in rather poor condition (warped cap, shattered binde, “shaved” captop, broken feed, rotten piston). It took me months of minute work and patience to restore it (especially the celluloid parts) to full form and function - all parts are original…

Some times one has to wait for weeks until the celluloid “settles”.

Hope you’ll like it.

IMG_9934.thumb.jpeg.45b202a5926a942170e57210be1e594d.jpeg

Oh, my! Beautiful pen! Congrats!
I'd love to see pics of before and after. But, from the description, it seems to me that you are a magician!

30 minutes ago, Lam1 said:

Oh, my! Beautiful pen! Congrats!
I'd love to see pics of before and after. But, from the description, it seems to me that you are a magician!

Thanks for your kind words. No magic! It’s just know how, experience and extreme patience when working with heat and solvent welding. Yet, few parts had to be replaced: piston, feed. Cap rings were also missing. 
I do it just for hobby.

7 hours ago, yubaprof said:

Very impressive restoration, but what is a "shaved" captop?

The captop has inner threading and a sealing appendage which meets the section and presses against it  for leak-proof sealing while closed. In some sloppy repairs (probably during WW2) this appendage was simply shaved when cap tube or barrel threads wear out…

(-:

7 hours ago, stoen said:

The captop has inner threading and a sealing appendage which meets the section and presses against it  for leak-proof sealing while closed. In some sloppy repairs (probably during WW2) this appendage was simply shaved when cap tube or barrel threads wear out…

(-:

Thanks, I think I understand what you mean. Then again, perhaps I don't, which is why I don't ever try to repair a pen. I admire your craftmanship in this regard.