Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/14/2024 at 1:59 PM, DilettanteG said:

I think you're right about picking up the Special Editions when they come out and are easily available. 

Don’t look now, but there’s a new Pelikan M1000 in Renaissance Brown!

5 hours ago, Carrau said:

Don’t look now, but there’s a new Pelikan M1000 in Renaissance Brown!

😀 You're all enablers!

Nothing succeeds like excess, but obviously  I do already have the M800 Renaissance brown (and admittedly love it.) I have been eyeballing the M1005 Streseman pretty covetously. Basically, I want all the Pelikan colors!

56 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

😀 You're all enablers!

Nothing succeeds like excess, but obviously  I do already have the M800 Renaissance brown (and admittedly love it.) I have been eyeballing the M1005 Streseman pretty covetously. Basically, I want all the Pelikan colors!

In my opinion, the Stresemann is one of the most beautiful versions of the striped Pelikans. When it was issued, I immediately got the M805 and I haven't regretted it for a second. Who would have thought that I would love a grey pen that much, but it simply is gorgeous.

54 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

😀 You're all enablers!

While I’m not chasing “all the Pelikan colors,”  I do love beautiful  brown pens.  As of yet I haven’t seen anything in the M1xxx range that highly appeals to me, so this pen is a consideration.  The appearance of the M1xxx Renaissance Brown, however,  makes me wonder if an M1xxx in brown tortoise might be in the future, as I do chase those slow-pokes.  I’m sure we are many on the horns of this buying dilemma.

2 hours ago, carola said:

In my opinion, the Stresemann is one of the most beautiful versions of the striped Pelikans. When it was issued, I immediately got the M805 and I haven't regretted it for a second. Who would have thought that I would love a grey pen that much, but it simply is gorgeous.

Yes, indeed-a most elegant/refined looking pen.

1 hour ago, Carrau said:

makes me wonder if an M1xxx in brown tortoise might be in the future

That would be a Thing of Beauty 😊
But I would only buy one if it came with the barrel being translucent between its gorgeous brown-grey-orange-white cellulose acetate stripes!
A bottle-fill-only pen that offers no way to tell how much ink is left in it is not one that I would pay ‘premium’ prices for!

Have I ever mentioned that I’m a curmudgeonly and grumpy old git…?

Or that I don’t like change; especially not when it makes things different😉

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

2 hours ago, Carrau said:

Yes, indeed-a most elegant/refined looking pen.

I was ecstatic when they came out with the M405 Stresemann.  Because not only was it more affordable, but it's a better size for my hand.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, Mercian said:

That would be a Thing of Beauty 😊
But I would only buy one if it came with the barrel being translucent between its gorgeous brown-grey-orange-white cellulose acetate stripes!

Of course, Pelikan may just be using up old materials to squeeze every drop out of supply inventory.

Updated pics of recent purchases… Pelikan modern & vintage, and Kralik inkwell & stamp box set.

Went a bit overboard with online deals popping up 😅

That M205 Olivine (70€) is my second modern Pelikan, really like the look of it.

The 400NN is growing on me as a writer. The nib took a bit of getting used to (still does) but I am finding the right way of writing with it and I like the results.

Finally, a Kralik inkwell & stamp box set, early 20th century. I am a sucker for Art Nouveau and Jugendstil, those complement the Kralik inkwells already in my possession well… can already see a winter/christmas themed desk setup with those.

Oh! I also have a Tiffany Studios inkwell from the same era on its way here… 😅 Will post pics of my inkwell collection as it finds its way home. :)

IMG_7194.jpeg

IMG_7190.jpeg

IMG_7192.jpeg

IMG_7198.jpeg

You have a great collection right there. Lucky you. The Olivine is on my list as well. You got it for a great price! @mana

On 4/18/2024 at 4:03 PM, carola said:

The depth and chatoyance of the Pelikan cellulose acetate stripes is something that has to be seen in person, particularly in strong, directed light, to be fully appreciated. While I enjoy all of the Souverän colors, the Stresemann seems to do a particularly good job of showing off the material.

Additions to my flock this week include a Green Stripe M400, to complete my line of all five green Mxx00s, and a Copper Rose Gold M200, just because I could not resist, and now that I have seen the M200 live, I am very glad I gave in to temptation.

Some day, I will also add an M405 Stresemann to my flock, but probably not anytime soon. My M805 Stresemann is a joy every time I pick it up, even just to look at, though the M80x is generally not my favorite Souverän size. For me what the M80x has going for it is that it comes in some fabulous special and limited-edition versions.

This came today. Pelikan 400 brown tortoise with EF nib. I believe circa 1952-1953. No engraving on the cap band. Nib has width engraved on it but doesn’t have the Pelikan logo. Nib width also engraved on the piston knob. I’ll let the experts weigh in. Marvelous nib, I can’t believe how much variation in line width is available. Will get better pictures when I have time to get me camera out.

20240422_171414_resized.jpeg

20240422_171523_resized.jpeg

Edited by Cjtamu

10 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

I’ll let the experts weigh in.

For more details/information about your lovely 400, I recommend that you open the following link to the superb website about vintage Pelikan pens that has been created by FPN’s own @tacitus:

https://tacitus124.wixsite.com/vintagepelikanpens/400-ca-1952

Slàinte,
M.

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

3 hours ago, Mercian said:

For more details/information about your lovely 400, I recommend that you open the following link to the superb website about vintage Pelikan pens that has been created by FPN’s own @tacitus:

https://tacitus124.wixsite.com/vintagepelikanpens/400-ca-1952

Slàinte,
M.

Thank you. Have actually perused a portion of his marvelous website. It’s one of the ones that helped me narrow down production dates on this pen when I first saw it. After I retire I hope to have time to read his whole site! 

This pen was advertised as a Jelik an, so I was lucky enough to pick it up for just under a tenner.

Pelikan140.thumb.jpg.bb6d3b97f30382a2c3fe1814611a8cde.jpg

It appears to be an early 140. Has no markings on the cap or cap band and has the legend 'Export' & 'Gunther Wagner Pelikan' around the bottom of the barrel with EF on the plunder cap. It was missing a clip so I have put a generic clip on it for now.

Pelikannib.thumb.jpg.47959679af38c2a1b9631b10737b40f2.jpg

55 minutes ago, Armo said:

This pen was advertised as a Jelik an, so I was lucky enough to pick it up for just under a tenner.

Pelikan140.thumb.jpg.bb6d3b97f30382a2c3fe1814611a8cde.jpg

It appears to be an early 140. Has no markings on the cap or cap band and has the legend 'Export' & 'Gunther Wagner Pelikan' around the bottom of the barrel

You got a 140 - with a lovely, bouncy, ‘script-logo’ nib - for under a tenner? :yikes:

Sumgai! :thumbup:

In your second photo, the nib appears to be an Oblique Extra Fine.
Is that correct? Or is it just an optical illusion/my shonky eyesight?

@Mercian @DilettanteG I was lucky. Seems there's no market for Jeliks.  The nib is just extra fine, the rest is just the photo. But hey, I had to pay postage on top! lol.

Just now, Armo said:

But hey, I had to pay postage on top! lol.

:lticaptd: