Adding To The Flock

mana

Left the 120s in the drawer. I've decided inking two after cleaning four is a good trade.

Family photo, less the 120s. Inking up the Apatite and Orange Delight, momentarily. 

20240326_080937.jpg

Edited by SLinkster
Added photo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My heart took a flutter when I saw the orange pen, but the photos have put me off it. It seems a bit neon in some pics here.

13 hours ago, Uncial said:

My heart took a flutter when I saw the orange pen, but the photos have put me off it. It seems a bit neon in some pics here.

Uncial, the Pelikan M200 Orange Delight is not, in  my opinion, at all neon.

My ancient eyeballs perceive it to be a tasteful shade of deep and full of character, bright orange.

I love mine and have another on order!

My photo above makes the Orange Delight appear brighter than it really is. 

He's a photo of my pen with a Sunkist navel orange. As you can see, the pen is not as brilliantly orange as the fruit.

Lighting is a 5K daylight/white Ottlite. In the US (for those who aren't aware) oranges are treated in some fashion to make them super-orange and presumably more attractive to consumers (like my husband, who bought this orange).

20240327_094528.jpg

On 3/26/2024 at 6:20 AM, SLinkster said:

Left the 120s in the drawer. I've decided inking two after cleaning four is a good trade.

Family photo, less the 120s. Inking up the Apatite and Orange Delight, momentarily. 

20240326_080937.jpg

The orange and green demonstrators are two of my favorite Pelikans.  If I bought another Pelikan, it would probably be a green 800 demonstrator.  If they make an 800 in orange, I’ll be done for.

@SLinkster Gorgeous photos and excellent pen and ink choices! What a nice cheery array of colors to wake up to on a dreary, overcast morning. And I do love the Edelstein bottles. That new orange pen looks like a great combination of form and function. Demonstrators and ink windows are my jam. 👍

@Surlyprof Pelikan does make a lot of orange pens. It could happen. Personally, the M620 Shanghai is my favorite of the Pelikan orange pens that I own. They did make the Grand Place in a M620 and M800. The City and Places series is so tough to find these days, it could do with a M800 version. It seems like the market would be there. 

... but if you're reading this Pelikan, the M101N Toledo first, please!

I was in a store yesterday and was uncertain between the M200 orange and the new Sport piston filler. In the end the orange tone was not inspiring me so I went for the Sport.

Alfredo

image.thumb.jpeg.7371fcb9d486812f38282f3d44abd601.jpeg

Pelikan Classic M200 Copper Rose Gold B and EF Nibs

2 hours ago, Dragan said:

Blue Ocean :puddle:

Beautiful Ocean!

Thank you!

Did you get your Blue Ocean from Chatterley? If so, I was the previous owner. Hated to give it up.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

3 minutes ago, jmccarty3 said:

Did you get your Blue Ocean from Chatterley? If so, I was the previous owner. Hated to give it up.

Aha! I see why you may think that way. I got it from elsewhere new. Then I transplanted a O3B nib. Now maybe that picture looks similar to the Chatterley, right .

i’m impressed that @Tom Kellie yet again is one of the first to acquire and post a gorgeous photograph of the latest cool pen. Nice job Tom! That rose gold is pretty slick.

@roshpens that Blue Ocean is a looker. The compass detail really makes it stand out. Not an easy pen to find, congrats! I can see why @jmccarty3 was sorry to let that one go.

2 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

@roshpens that Blue Ocean is a looker. The compass detail really makes it stand out. Not an easy pen to find, congrats!

Thank you ! I was happy to find it new, 31 years later.

A Rappen (export) from around 1950, still working. It writes very well. I read this pen is the same as an Ibis 130. Anyway it is my favourite. But it did not come cheap: I had to pay no less than 30 euros for it 🙂