modified Namiki Falcon

ojars

I have been somewhat annoyed, in a friendly fashion, by the tendency of ink to clump up inside the converter of my Namiki Falcon, which I otherwise enjoy using.

I have been impressed by the Platinum ink cartidges with the wee ball inside that I got with my Nakaya long pen.

Aha! I cut open a used Platinum ink cartridge, extracted the wee ball, pulled off the Namiki converter, dropped the wee ball into the Namiki converter, and pushed the converter back into its proper position.

Now I have a custom Namiki Falcon with a satisfying rattle! :roflmho:

It is to be hoped that the Namiki ink clumping will thereby be reduced.

Nakaya Writer Wajima-Urushi nuri Kikyo long pen fp - Grayson Tighe Twist Damascus fp - Mont Blanc Ramses mp - Pelikan M800 (2) - Restored 1936 Conklin Nozac fp - 1935 Waterman #3 mp - Namiki Falcon fp - Lamy Al-Star fp (2) - Parker 51 (8) - Swan/Mabie Todd fp - Wality 69L (3) - et alii

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kissing

• ojars

• inkysmudges

Top Posters In This Topic

Another option -- though far less satisfying in the sound department -- is the little nylon ball in Waterman cartridges. They're obviously much lighter than the Platinum steelies but they seem to perform more or less the same function.

With really sticky ink/cartridge problems -- is it just me or does this seem to be a particular problem with Hero and Duke converters? -- I stick two or three of the Waterman balls in. I wouldn't swear to it but it does seem to work even better than a single ball.