New Lamy Studio Colors ( Special Edition 2018)

mazinger55

I've seen them both in a shop. The colors are a little darker and not so saturated like in the marketing pictures. Or at least this was my impression. But they look very good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• ParkerDuofold

• senzen

• bbs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love these colors and have been thinking about buying a Studio for a while! I want to see them in person before making up my mind though.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like Lamy Ink in Topaz was made for the Terracota Studio.

What do you think?

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

It looks like Lamy Ink in Topaz was made for the Terracota Studio.

What do you think?

Oooh yeah! That would be a killer combo!

Love my Studio.

Truthfully, I am not "wow-ed" by either color. My daughter would like the Olivine. I much prefer the Scala pink.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Hi all,

I received my olive green Studio from England yesterday. Here it is pictured with a sampling of my other Studios, (stainless, racing green, olive and my well-worn and very first Studio, Imperial Blue):

Enjoy... I hope. :)

- Anthony

Just to follow-up...

As I've heard others say, it is a darker shade of olive than what you see in the promo shots of it... I actually like it. :)

- A.C.

Just to follow-up...

As I've heard others say, it is a darker shade of olive than what you see in the promo shots of it... I actually like it. :)

- A.C.

Thank you for the pics! You're right, that is a gorgeous color! :wub:

Hi all,

I received my olive green Studio from England yesterday. Here it is pictured with a sampling of my other Studios, (stainless, racing green, olive and my well-worn and very first Studio, Imperial Blue):

Enjoy... I hope. :)

- Anthony

Enjoy the new addition to the collection. :thumbup: Next, terracotta?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Thank you for the pics! You're right, that is a gorgeous color! :wub:

You're welcome, Bass. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. :)

- Anthony

Enjoy the new addition to the collection. :thumbup: Next, terracotta?

Hi 1nkulus,

Thank you. :)

Hhhmmmm... I don't know... I didn't get the terracotta because I generally do not care for that color (reddish browns) to start with... and being an old car buff, looking at a rust colored pen (or ink) might make me cry... :crybaby: ...but seeing how the olive one turned out, (which I gambled on,... because I didn't like the color in their publicity shots); I'm kinda sorry I didn't gamble on that one, too... especially for the price I got this one for... about $46 USD. :headsmack:

Oh, well... I might toss the dice again... I haven't decided yet,... :unsure: ...I'm hoping someone will come up with some more accurate pictures of it...

Thanks again, be well. :)

- Anthony

Oh, well... I might toss the dice again... I haven't decided yet,... :unsure: ...I'm hoping someone will come up with some more accurate pictures of it...

If you get the terracotta, you will have five and hence all the nibs (EF, F, M, B, 1.1) can be on standby 24/7/365 awaiting your pleasure. ;)

OTOH, where did you procure it for $46 (£35)?

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

If you get the terracotta, you will have five and hence all the nibs (EF, F, M, B, 1.1) can be on standby 24/7/365 awaiting your pleasure. ;)

OTOH, where did you procure it for $46 (£35)?

Hi 1nkulus,

:D

Actually, I have two or three more Studios, (not pictured), but they all have medium or broad nibs. :)

I bought it about a week and a half ago from Cult Pens. They were having what I assume was England's version of a Black Friday sale, (because ours was still over a week away), which gave me 10% off; plus they had a Fine Writing sale which got me ANOTHER 10% off... PLUS FREE international shipping... so I bought a bunch of stuff. :D

I've also learned that even without the sales, you get Lamys and Pelikans a lot cheaper in Europe... just like you save a fortune getting Pilots and Sailors straight from Japan... hhhmmmm... that could be taken two ways... :blush: ...but I'm sure you know which way I meant it... I hope. :D

Be well and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

I've also learned that even without the sales, you get Lamys and Pelikans a lot cheaper in Europe... just like you save a fortune getting Pilots and Sailors straight from Japan... hhhmmmm... that could be taken two ways... :blush: ...but I'm sure you know which way I meant it... I hope. :D

Lolllll :D

Edited by bass1193

Hi 1nkulus,

Actually, I have two or three more Studios, (not pictured), but they all have medium or broad nibs. :)

I bought it about a week and a half ago from Cult Pens. They were having what I assume was England's version of a Black Friday sale, (because ours was still over a week away), which gave me 10% off; plus they had a Fine Writing sale which got me ANOTHER 10% off... PLUS FREE international shipping... so I bought a bunch of stuff. :D

Be well and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

I forgot about the Cult offer. An early start to the Christmas gifts. :thumbup:

Considering, you enjoy Studio's; IMO the terracotta wouldn't be too risky a punt.

In my case, the 'M' nib is rarely put to use.

As for Pilot's and Sailor's, I bet they had a hiring spree on Black Friday. :D

Engineer :

• 3 weeks later...

I succumbed to Cult Pens' deal to get a Terracota and really glad I did - it's possibly the nicest special edition so far (although I haven't seen a purple in real life).

It's not drab rust-like, there's a lovely golden glow to it, it's gorgeous!

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Lolllll :D

I forgot about the Cult offer. An early start to the Christmas gifts. :thumbup:

Considering, you enjoy Studio's; IMO the terracotta wouldn't be too risky a punt.

In my case, the 'M' nib is rarely put to use.

As for Pilot's and Sailor's, I bet they had a hiring spree on Black Friday. :D

Hi 1nkulus,

I lost track of this thread... but yeah, the terracotta one probably isn't that large a leap after all.

I succumbed to Cult Pens' deal to get a Terracota and really glad I did - it's possibly the nicest special edition so far (although I haven't seen a purple in real life).

Hi Bbs,

:puddle:

Now you've done it... I'm feeling compelled now. :o

Be well, all. :)

- Anthony

Glad you are enjoying it. :thumbup:

Engineer :

I lost track of this thread... but yeah, the terracotta one probably isn't that large a leap after all.

A Christmas/New year gift perhaps? Seems like a lovely shade.

Engineer :

Pictures please!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell