Kaweko Sports Fountain And Writing Pens

oneill

Never in all of my 88 years of fabulous life have I had the privilege of seeing so many writing instruments being displayed on so many pages, We have the pleasure of being able to purchase any one of so many diversified and functional pens on one site,the introduction of so many must be an advantage to the maker who bears the name of KAWEKO, There are about 200 choices on the ebay pages of this Manufacturer whom I suspect even has something for the Left Hander as well, I know they have some Brass ones and some Plastic ones some others which I cant remember you need to look your self, oh there are some cheap ones also some very expensive ones, most are on the pocket size another feature is that lots of the pens come in a very attractive Box which forms a very nice protection for your pen.Trust Me Oneill

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oneill

• sciumbasci

• Antenociticus

• Barkingpig

I agree that Kaweco makes a great variety & some very interesting pens.

I have only used the Sport series & one Liliput, but I have enjoyed the Sports a great deal. I tried my first one & have bought almost a dozen since then; a raw aluminum & brass, two of the Sports made in a series called "Art" Sport & the rest the standard plastic models. These have also been produced in special editions for different markets & stores & I have found the search for them fascinating. I cannot afford many of the more expensive pens but I find a great deal of satisfaction in these pens which are reasonably priced.

The added feature of being able to purchase additional nibs, switch them easily, use cartridge, converter or eyedropper fill them makes them also interesting to me.

Thanks for your support I find these pens to be the ultimate in pocket pens as they are SO Small most of them however I had one very puzzling experience with one of the small ones ,I loaded the pen with one of the

supplied ink carts and then tried to put on the Barrel which for three days would not allow me to screw on,I knew there was a problem somewhere which was that I had been supplied with TWO carts and one was still in the pen so I knocked it on the table several times, out popped the extra spare cart and I was able to screw the

Barrel ON, I thought that I should warn everyone and save them time in sending the pen back,I have learned a LOT in my many years of working with pens,Trust Me, Oneill

Edited by oneill

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that Kaweco makes a great variety & some very interesting pens.

I have only used the Sport series & one Liliput, but I have enjoyed the Sports a great deal. I tried my first one & have bought almost a dozen since then; a raw aluminum & brass, two of the Sports made in a series called "Art" Sport & the rest the standard plastic models. These have also been produced in special editions for different markets & stores & I have found the search for them fascinating. I cannot afford many of the more expensive pens but I find a great deal of satisfaction in these pens which are reasonably priced.

The added feature of being able to purchase additional nibs, switch them easily, use cartridge, converter or eyedropper fill them makes them also interesting to me.

Hi there can I recommend any Jinhao Pen which is made from Tube Brass for strength and in most cases has a Fabulous Nib and many other nibs can be used in this pen including Flex nibs.I have been working with this company for years and because of its affordability recommend it to many take my tip you wont regret it.Oneill

Hey Oneill,

If you fancy pocket pens, have you checked out already the Moonman Wancai?

Comes in acrylic and ebonite, takes Chinese cartridges but can be eyedroppered

vrr4p69wrtz01.jpg

18a5d6arl3t01.jpg

Thanks for the Heads up I shall have another good luck as they seem to be well worth checking out, its always good to see what others are doing.Oneill

Hey Oneill,

If you fancy pocket pens, have you checked out already the Moonman Wancai?

Comes in acrylic and ebonite, takes Chinese cartridges but can be eyedroppered

vrr4p69wrtz01.jpg

18a5d6arl3t01.jpg

Hey Sciumbasci,

Could you please identify the pen on the left, the black one with chain next to the brass Kaweco Sport?

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

• 2 weeks later...

The description suggests using cartridges is possible, but the translation makes me doubtful.

The pen looks like it is eyedropper only, as there is no converter provided.

I was once tempted by a Kaweco Sport, but the price of the metal pens killed off my interest. Then I found it would not take a International Cartridge.

Edited by Dip n Scratch

Hey Sciumbasci,

Could you please identify the pen on the left, the black one with chain next to the brass Kaweco Sport?

Hai!

Sorry for the very late reply, I got no notification!

Apologies but I don't know the pen! Maybe some other vintage expert might be able to shed light on us? I found the image via google.

The description suggests using cartridges is possible, but the translation makes me doubtful.

The pen looks like it is eyedropper only, as there is no converter provided.

I was once tempted by a Kaweco Sport, but the price of the metal pens killed off my interest. Then I found it would not take a International Cartridge.

Can I grab your attention again to tell you that I have a very small Kaweco which I bought for about $20. It is Great because I carry it around in a very small pocket so look on E-Bay and I think it was on there,Good

Luck. Oneill

Hai!

Sorry for the very late reply, I got no notification!

Apologies but I don't know the pen! Maybe some other vintage expert might be able to shed light on us? I found the image via google.

Thanks for the reply.

Shame you don't know what it is – looks interesting.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.