Parker 45 Blue Marble Colour Section

timarti

I just bought this Parker 45, supposedly Argentinian made. It is my first Parker and I can't find anything about this color combo online. Any info? Thanks!

post-133973-0-49729800-1527978271.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OCArt

• timarti

• pajaro

• Runnin_Ute

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a similar P45 except that both sections on mine are the blue marble color. It's a very attractive pen. My guess is that they were made as "fantasy" pens by Ariel Kullock but I have no information to back that up. Hopefully someone will come along who knows for sure.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Breaking News ;) I found this photo from Peyton Street Pens that matches mine. They, too, believe it's Ariel Kullock. http://www.peytonstreetpens.com/parker-45-fantasy-fountain-pen-blue-swirls-flighter-cap-medium-steel-nib-new.html

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/parker/p45blue_kullock_1.jpg

Bingo! Thanks so much. I was having dark thoughts about Chinese knockoffs, but this is much more interesting!

BTW - are there steel stubs available or steel BB? I know there are gold ones. I also ordered a broad nib unit, since I don’t write with skinny nibs, lol.

I believe both sizes were made, but it might take a while to track one down. I have something that is wider than the M indicated on the collar, but don't have a good idea of what it really is. And it is Octanium (steel).

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

timarti, have you been to parker45pens.com, the site has a list of nib sizes? I've never seen a BB nib in the wild but do have several stubs that I greatly enjoy and bought one unlabelled nib that fells at least like a BB. I'm a big fan of the 45 pen; it's a great writer and trouble free.

The blue color was used on Parker Duofolds , and I think it was called Centiennial or something similar. Ariel Kullock made hoods and barrels for the Parker 51 in this color. Apparently he also made hoods and barrels in this color for the 45. I like it. Thanks for showing the pics.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Sometimes babes in the woods get lucky, lol. Now I can go on the hunt for the elusive stub or BB. My life would be so much simpler if I was a fan of fine or medium nibs.

Sometimes babes in the woods get lucky, lol. Now I can go on the hunt for the elusive stub or BB. My life would be so much simpler if I was a fan of fine or medium nibs.

Check Five Star Pens on the web. I saw one there and I think it was about $100 or so. It was 14K.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.