Pineider - La Grande Bellezza

Ghost Plane

So, I noticed that everyone seems to gush about how wet these nibs are- is it an issue with them being a cc, are they needing to be refilled quite often?

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• ArchiMark

• TheDutchGuy

• DasKaltblut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Late to the party, I just bought, and received today, one of La Grande Belleza (in a very understated Hematite Gray), and I am enjoying it a lot. It seems to fit well in my hand, when I post it it seems secure but I probably won't post it, and the Fine nib seems very soft, just the way I like them. Other things I like about it include the material, substantial without feeling heavy like a metal pen, and the clip. So no problems. Oh, and I got it at an excellent price from an authorized seller on eBay. I'm about to buy another one, maybe. 

Just a question: did no one else notice the sentence debossed on the back of the clip band? It's quite hard to read due to the sort of sandblasted background, but here's what it says:

"the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." 

I kid you not. What??? It matters not a whit to me, but that is one of the oddest things I have come across on a fountain pen. Comments?

The pangram was quite well publicised during earlier reviews of the pen after it was released. I could only read it with the aid of a good loupe but it adds to the slight quirkiness of the overall (IMO) good design and certainly made me smile 😊

Both mine - Tiger’s Eye medium and Rhodolite stub - are now sold but while I had them I enjoyed the feel of the pens in the hand, both looked beautiful, and both nibs wrote well out of the box (although the stub needed the right ink, in my case Diamine Blood Orange, before the flow was just right). 

• 1 month later...

I'm late to the party as well on these, but glad to have found one.  Purchased a new one on ebay in gray, at just under $100.  Seems like a great deal for a gold nibbed pen that writes a varied line and is on the wetter side like I like.  While the materials seems a little on the cheaply made side, I do appreciate the nib and the magnetic cap. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 6:26 PM, EmJ said:

So, I noticed that everyone seems to gush about how wet these nibs are- is it an issue with them being a cc, are they needing to be refilled quite often?

Yes, I have to refill mine right away, but I am trying to use all my ink in my lifetime!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY