Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• ArchiMark

• TheDutchGuy

• DasKaltblut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it a heavy pen?

No. I find it a little light for me (I prefer heavy pens). Inked & capped, my kitchen scale shows 40g. Uncapped & inked 23g.

is it a heavy pen?

Not heavy, but not a lightweight either....find it very comfortable to write with.

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Many thanks, Ghost Plane, for the eloquent review of a desirable pen!

No man is a slave unless he is willing to be bought by another. (EP)

I tried the Grande Bellezza stub in a B&M pen shop and found it too wet, at least with the ink the store dipped it in. Granted, it was an Iroshizuku ink. I finely ordered a pen with a fine nib.

The ergonomics are good for me. The nib was okay but not as nice a writer as any number of other pens I use when not writing italic script - mostly signing checks.

But, knowing the Pineider pens use Bock #6 nibs, I figured, if they screwed in, I might could swap in other Bock nibs, for example, generic Bock #250's, Conway Stewarts, etc. In fact, it works! I now have a Bock #250 steel, 1.9 mm calligraphy nib installed in my Pineider Grande Bellezza.

This is probably of no interest to most who love the stock Pineider nibs. But I know there are a few who, for example, are enamored of CS IB nibs. Just for instance. And, presumably, the Peneider nibs would work in CS pens and others that use the same, standard Bock #250 carrier.

David

Edited by dms525

Pen Chalet now has this on sale for 50% off - Cheaper than Chatterly had it AND right now they have all colors and sizes in stock. Finally got my stub :D

Because of this thread I now have hardly any spending money for the London Pen Show next month, but I think I'm going to enjoy this pen and glad I saw the info on Chatterley Pens' sale in the nick of time on Friday night - hours later he had sold out. Thank you for the heads up!

For anyone who hasn't already seen Dante talking to Brian Goulet about this pen, and pen design in general, this is well worth a look:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3aBNd0oPSFM

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

So are the cards that ship with the pen FP friendly? Just curious because I can't tell by touching it...

Absolutely! Just used one. Pineider is famous for its paper. But now they have Dante.

Absolutely! Just used one. Pineider is famous for its paper. But now they have Dante.

Thanks. A lot of expensive stationery I've had has been disappointing when it comes to fountain pens (I'm looking at you Crane) so this is happy news.

So I just got my stub, and noticed that the nib slit is not cut all the way down to the breather hole. It stops about 2mm above it. Other stub owners...is this normal on the quill nib? Thanks.

Thanks guys. Wonder what the reason behind that design decision was?

It's my understanding it was to control the flexibility of that nib. I guess the wider tip was allowing more flex then the others and maybe causing feed issues?