Waterman Ideal Nib

Bemahan

I have an art deco Waterman Ideal 32 1/2 fountain pen and pencil set which I bought as part of my early plastics collection. Trying to downsize so, while listing it for online auction, I noticed the nib isn't marked as gold.

I assumed that Waterman's would have gold nibs but there's nothing but the Waterman's trademark on the nib. Did Waterman's use other metals for their nibs, please?

(I tried to upload a pic but the file was too big) EDIT - resized and tried again - thank you for the advice!

post-141580-0-88037200-1526304529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bemahan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bemahan

• Left FPN

• RMN

• PenBuyer1796

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an art deco Waterman Ideal 32 1/2 fountain pen and pencil set which I bought as part of my early plastics collection. Trying to downsize so, while listing it for online auction, I noticed the nib isn't marked as gold.

I assumed that Waterman's would have gold nibs but there's nothing but the Waterman's trademark on the nib. Did Waterman's use other metals for their nibs, please?

(I tried to upload a pic but the file was too big)

Maximum picsize is about 2MB, so perhaps you could downsize it a bit?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Thank you for the suggestion! I have impressed myself with my technical skills by managing to resize the photo and have edited it into my opening post. Thank you!

I can see you have the pen listed with a picture of the nib. You state it has FDW along one side so you might find it has the gold stamping along the other but perhaps hidden inside the grip.

Here is a #2. You can just make out the FDW. While its gold mark would show, yours may not.

post-42786-0-69531600-1526312696_thumb.jpg

That's a nice set that you have listed, rare box in great condition as well. The nib might be stamped 14k on the back, but don't risk taking it out if you're not familiar.

Thank you all! I am not a pen collector but completely appreciate the fascination. The amount of detail fitted on to one small nib is amazing.