Montblanc Le Petit Prince

horationelson

Nice! Thanks for sharing pictures of the pens and inks.

Of course I went ahead and ordered the Red Fox & Swan ink on Friday during lunch break. When at home I told my friend and showed her the pictures.

Now guess what!

Today Ive ordered a full set of petit prince stuff (blue resin 146 fountain pen with EF nib, another ink bottle amd cartridges, the 146 petit prince theme notebook & and the bracelet) from

...and not for me, but for my friend :-)

Might get the same pen as well in the future.

Now we are looking for a matching pouch; most likely we will try the yellow Satorial sleeve to match the yellow star.

Expensive weekend, but worth it we hope ;-)

Cheers

Micharl

Michael, that sounds like so much fun! I am still mulling it over, purchase of the 146 Resin, and if I do so I imagine I will be all in with the ink and the notebook. By the way, the ink was described to me, at a MB Boutique, as a ‘pumpkin’ color.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• AndyLogan

• adim

• blottingpaperforlife

Cyrille, I am thoroughly enjoying your writing samples, the quotes you selected and the fountain pen in those photos. THANKS.

Edited by meiers

Thank you Pravda for your great photos. I have now to wait my reseller receive it :)

Pravda, any chance of some pics of the resin section Legrand?

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

Montblanc had in mind 'other yellow stars' when designing this piece and they made sure this one is different (cartoonish).

Do you mean stars of David, or EU stars?

@Adim : Do let us know of your experience and I hope that it isn't heavy, that it will be good for long writing.

Sure, I can't wait to go and try them in the boutique in a bit more than a week (so they said). I will be focusing on comparing the resin 146 with my "regular" 146 and also with the Brahms, my other option for purchase, which I did notice was a bit top-heavy, because of the piston knob.

I'll definitely share my thoughts after that.

How's the box for this collection? Are there differences between fountain pens (in terms of packaging)?

How's the box for this collection? Are there differences between fountain pens (in terms of packaging)?

It would be fun if the box were also designed a bit cartoonish but not going too garish (a hard thing to do) I guess that would be asking too much of Montblanc. IMO Montblanc has rolled out a lot of serious pens for serious collectors, my guess is theyre trying to innovate & tap the potential for the next generation of users (the millenials).

Adim, do let me know of your thoughts about the blue resin 146 as Im also considering that model. Ive visited my local pen shop & it appears in my part of Australia it will take a long time for me to even view the collection. I was ready to order online but decided to wait a bit more to make an informed purchase.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

It would be fun if the box were also designed a bit cartoonish but not going too garish (a hard thing to do) I guess that would be asking too much of Montblanc. IMO Montblanc has rolled out a lot of serious pens for serious collectors, my guess is theyre trying to innovate & tap the potential for the next generation of users (the millenials).

Adim, do let me know of your thoughts about the blue resin 146 as Im also considering that model. Ive visited my local pen shop & it appears in my part of Australia it will take a long time for me to even view the collection. I was ready to order online but decided to wait a bit more to make an informed purchase.

Sure, I'll keep everyone informed, as I'm excited myself and can't wait to try it. I find my regular 146 extremely comfortable, but would definitely be paying more attention to both the Brahms and the Little Prince. Some say the small flair on the Brahms's section does wonders for comfort and grip, I'll keep that in mind as well.

Nevertheless, the local MB store informed it'll be roughly 10 days until they'll have the collection and I don't know if they meant 10 weekdays or not. Not to mention the current Easter period. But let's hope for the best. :)

I bought a Brahms after having used a 146 almost daily for 8-9 years. I really like it, but regret my choice of nib (B). I use it without the cap posted and find the balance fine, although the 146 is just perfect. If I could choose again, Id probably get another 146 or Meisterstuck instead of the Brahms. One pen which I think is on par with the 146 for comfort is the Warhol. The cap is a bit mad, but when undressed it is the pen of purest form with a very soft nib.

I bought a Brahms after having used a 146 almost daily for 8-9 years. I really like it, but regret my choice of nib ( B). I use it without the cap posted and find the balance fine, although the 146 is just perfect. If I could choose again, Id probably get another 146 or Meisterstuck instead of the Brahms. One pen which I think is on par with the 146 for comfort is the Warhol. The cap is a bit mad, but when undressed it is the pen of purest form with a very soft nib.

Thank you for the details. I currently have a 146 and a 149, both of which I find perfect in terms of balance in my hands. I use them unposted and write at least 10 pages a day, (almost) daily. I have both with F nibs and I don't think I'd get any other width, honestly. So regarding the resin Little Prince, I do hope they'll be offering an F nib, as on MB's website they only display the M version.

For the Brahms, I chose it for its price and simplicity and also the ink window. The Warhol is not only above my budget, but it also doesn't have an ink window which bothers me quite a lot. An alternative would be the Strauss, but although I do like its nib better than Brahms's (aesthetically), I'm not a fan of the clip on the Strauss.

Nevertheless, when I go to see and try the Little Prince, I'll be paying much more attention to the Brahms as well, as last time it was more of a first impression quick touch.

Is the blue on the solitaire as nice as it looks in the photos? From what I can tell, it turns from a dark to a light blue depending on the light.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as another on this thread and won't be able to see them in person for a while.

Have a look at my Instagram :)

Thank you for the details. I currently have a 146 and a 149, both of which I find perfect in terms of balance in my hands. I use them unposted and write at least 10 pages a day, (almost) daily. I have both with F nibs and I don't think I'd get any other width, honestly. So regarding the resin Little Prince, I do hope they'll be offering an F nib, as on MB's website they only display the M version.

For the Brahms, I chose it for its price and simplicity and also the ink window. The Warhol is not only above my budget, but it also doesn't have an ink window which bothers me quite a lot. An alternative would be the Strauss, but although I do like its nib better than Brahms's (aesthetically), I'm not a fan of the clip on the Strauss.

Nevertheless, when I go to see and try the Little Prince, I'll be paying much more attention to the Brahms as well, as last time it was more of a first impression quick touch.

I think it will be available with a F nib based on the fact that AD vendors are displaying such nib availability on their web store sites.

On the Appleboom website, it has a list of a variety of nib sizes, I was for one, thinking of getting the OM or OB. You can check it out Adim.

Is the blue on the solitaire as nice as it looks in the photos? From what I can tell, it turns from a dark to a light blue depending on the light.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as another on this thread and won't be able to see them in person for a while.

Auds tell me about it, am guessing you went to the only pen store still in business? The other pen/office supply store folded up a couple of months ago, but can't recall if they carried any Montblancs. I actually went there on the the 6th of April, and was preordering the ink and notebook for "Le Petit Prince", Josh (the proprietor) got me all excited when he said it was available, turns out, what he meant was the Exupery ink (which I already have), and he was not yet aware of the new "Le Petit Prince" collection, well he certainly did that day as his shop assistant hastily had a look at the MB website. I preordered the ink and notebook, the question is, when will it arrive? I was planning on purchasing the fountainpen online, but decided to wait a bit more till I see it in person. Josh did reassure me that sometime this month the MB (Australian) retailers will be updated on the release of new MB products.

Edited by AndyLogan

I just don't see the fox pattern, otherwise really like the pen.

It is the head of the fox from one of S-E's illustrations. Given what he writes about adults and illustrations it is fitting with the story.

Before reading the book this weekend, I was also completely unsure how this was supposed to be a fox.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!