Figuring Out This Waterman Fountain Pen

iruciperi

Hi, friends.

My friend asked me to figure out his gifted Waterman fountain pen, but I don't have any experience with modern Waterman. So I want to ask you guys to figure out this pen in the photos.

fpn_1522573715__waterman1.jpg

fpn_1522573726__waterman2.jpg

I guess this is modern Waterman Expert 3, but the clip band looks a bit different from the photos of Expert 3 I found in online, and the gold-colored decoration at the bottom of the barrel makes me confused.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iruciperi

• Jerome Tarshis

• senzen

• vikrmbedi

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed a Waterman Phileas. Your friend is fortunate to have been given one. They tend to be very smooth writers.

Thanks a lot guys. It must be Waterman Phileas. Could you explain a bit more about this pen please? I mean, history, or successors of this pen in current Waterman production line. It seems to be out of production and was a value pen with smooth nib as Jerome said.

There are real Phileas experts here, it has a plastic brother, the Kultur: same shape, made of plastic, cheaper. The Phileas has a great reputation, to me most other modern Waterman are too thin, it probably compares well to the Expert.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell