The Lamy 27

MYU

wow, that is a gorgeous pen! I love demonstrators too. Must be a dream to write with :)

Today I found a Lamy 27b with F nib in an eydropper form at a thrift store. I think it's one of the very early models from 1952/53. Had a lot of cleaning to do with this one, a LOT of dried ink and gunk removed, but now it looks beautiful and writes really well. It's really too bad that Lamy is being so hush-hush about their early models. Before I found this pen, I also never knew these were out there. IMHO the early models are just as pretty, maybe even more so then their recent models.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MYU

• HesNot

• piembi

• tomw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is very interesting and well done

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for this great review. I am interested in 27e I saw on ebay and this thread is very helpful!

Edited by Kaveh

• 3 years later...

Lamy 27 (and 99) are great pens with really nice nibs. I actually swapped an awesome OF one from a broken 99 to my vintage Lamy 2000. That yellow gold nib in the otherwise austere 2000 makes for a really sweet looking and writing combo.