Free Restoration Service

siamackz

I don't have any pens that need fixing but I just wanted to say thanks for being so generous! That's awesome of you.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siamackz

• MercianScribe

• mitto

• txomsy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tha

I don't have any pens that need fixing but I just wanted to say thanks for being so generous! That's awesome of you.

Thank you for the kind words, my friend!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

This is an awesome thing that you are doing. I may want to take you up on the offer.i have a lot of 7 pens i brought to repair but i have 2 left hands, and i cant do anything to them if you agree i can send the pens to you, ans you see what can do with them, please PM me with your adress and then i will send you the pens, you will tell which ones can you save, obvious i will pay for the mail to you and back to me .

im in Mexico city so the post time could be between 25 to 40 days

i will be waiting your PM

thank you very much for your great offer Sir

Saludos desde Mexico, "el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz entre los hombres"

This is an awesome thing that you are doing. I may want to take you up on the offer.i have a lot of 7 pens i brought to repair but i have 2 left hands, and i cant do anything to them if you agree i can send the pens to you, ans you see what can do with them, please PM me with your adress and then i will send you the pens, you will tell which ones can you save, obvious i will pay for the mail to you and back to me .

im in Mexico city so the post time could be between 25 to 40 days

i will be waiting your PM

thank you very much for your great offer Sir

PMing you now

Hello sir... Awesome offer!

I haven't given up on mending my Sphinx myself, but just in case, since you're already somewhat familiar with it, do you think you could get to the bottom of it?

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

Hello sir... Awesome offer!

I haven't given up on mending my Sphinx myself, but just in case, since you're already somewhat familiar with it, do you think you could get to the bottom of it?

Sure, Mat. I'd be happy to give it a shot! Just PM me when you decide and I'll send you my address

Ive been waiting for the opportunity! The snorkels in my collection have held up well and not needed restoration yet - Ive been sitting on restoration supplies (not a bad problem, I guess!). Majority of my knowledge is with vintage Montblancs and Watermans. Im waiting for the challenge of a snorkel ;)

Hey man, Very kind of you to offer free repairs like that! A quick word on Sheaffer's Snorkel fillers, they are not easy! I have repair and restore this system and I have to tell you that it is very easy to irrevocably damage the cage for the sac, and the hard rubber gasket that it seals around that houses the snorkel tube. This us to say nothing of setting the rear o-ring and repairing damaged touchdown shafts.

I would recommend using a good hair dryer to warm the metal gently before going at the crimps with the gasket. Be advised that the gasket will expand in kind, so apply the heat to the rear of the sac cage.

"If brute force has failed to yield the desired result, it simply means you've failed to yield enough force."

• 4 weeks later...

Sure, Mat. I'd be happy to give it a shot! Just PM me when you decide and I'll send you my address

I remember thinking I should write that post above... and have no recollection whatsoever of having done it! But many many thanks anyway for your reply...! I'm still in the same situation... I'll have another wee look at it in the next week or so, and then let you know whether I've made any progress.

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

• 2 weeks later...

This is about my experience in getting my pen repaired by siamackz. I will mention here that it is a pen made in India and nothing more to avoid hurting of sentiments.

The pen had a scratchy gold nib to begin with and it was sent to the maker who not only did not repair the nib but returned the pen with a leak at the place where the nib joined the section. The pen maker took 4 months for this value addition.

The pen was lying unused till the time I read this post.

I wrote a pm to siamackz who assured me his best efforts to salvage the pen.

On receipt of the pen I was given a complete idea of the repair with a caveat that it was risky to smoothen the nib because of its faulty construction. The nib had very thin tines.

I asked siamackz to proceed and did not hear anything for about 2 weeks. One fine day he wrote to me that his fears came true and the nib broke at the tines, but that I need not worry as he was getting the nib repaired with the help of another person.

Only when forced to reply, I learnt he had spent Rs. 2000/-(about 30 dollars). This is a big amount to spend in my part of the world. When I offered to reimburse, he politely denied as it was his promise to return the pen in a better condition and he would not sleep well if he received the money. This after I was told about the risk and after receiving my consent.

I received the pen yesterday along with a sample of waterman black ink. The hand written note mentions that the ebonite portion was polished with renaissance wax and also the gold nib polished with a recommended solution.

The pen writes very smoothly with no leaks whatsoever.

I did not spend a single penny but I have got my pen in a brand new condition and also a friend in siamackz. Siamackz not only loves to repair pens but is also very committed, honest and a wonderful gentleman.

Thanks to fpn and also to the wonderful members.

This is about my experience in getting my pen repaired by siamackz. I will mention here that it is a pen made in India and nothing more to avoid hurting of sentiments.

The pen had a scratchy gold nib to begin with and it was sent to the maker who not only did not repair the nib but returned the pen with a leak at the place where the nib joined the section. The pen maker took 4 months for this value addition.

The pen was lying unused till the time I read this post.

I wrote a pm to siamackz who assured me his best efforts to salvage the pen.

On receipt of the pen I was given a complete idea of the repair with a caveat that it was risky to smoothen the nib because of its faulty construction. The nib had very thin tines.

I asked siamackz to proceed and did not hear anything for about 2 weeks. One fine day he wrote to me that his fears came true and the nib broke at the tines, but that I need not worry as he was getting the nib repaired with the help of another person.

Only when forced to reply, I learnt he had spent Rs. 2000/-(about 30 dollars). This is a big amount to spend in my part of the world. When I offered to reimburse, he politely denied as it was his promise to return the pen in a better condition and he would not sleep well if he received the money. This after I was told about the risk and after receiving my consent.

I received the pen yesterday along with a sample of waterman black ink. The hand written note mentions that the ebonite portion was polished with renaissance wax and also the gold nib polished with a recommended solution.

The pen writes very smoothly with no leaks whatsoever.

I did not spend a single penny but I have got my pen in a brand new condition and also a friend in siamackz. Siamackz not only loves to repair pens but is also very committed, honest and a wonderful gentleman.

Thanks to fpn and also to the wonderful members.

Thank you for the very kind note and encouragement, Dinker! This made my day!

• 4 weeks later...

I have an old pen I've tried cleaning out. But as you know vintage pens have their barrel sealed off. I'd like to send it to you and don't mind if you break it cause it's just collecting dust right now. But it would be a nice to get it working again because it has a flexible gold nib and a magnetic cap.

I have an old pen I've tried cleaning out. But as you know vintage pens have their barrel sealed off. I'd like to send it to you and don't mind if you break it cause it's just collecting dust right now. But it would be a nice to get it working again because it has a flexible gold nib and a magnetic cap.

PMing you

Is this offer still open? I have about twenty vintage-ish pens that belonged to my grandfather (american companies: waterman, sheaffer, criterion, etc.) that all need at the very least new sacs or other small repairs, and many are partially melted and warped. Could I post a pic and you tell me what seems fixable? At the bare minimum there are two that I would actually use regularly if they were repaired. Those two work perfectly minus the sac that I was thinking of modifying to work with a modern cartridge converter (as the metal thing that the lever pushes seems like it is too rusted to be rubbing against a rubber sac, even a modern replacement).

Is this offer still open? I have about twenty vintage-ish pens that belonged to my grandfather (american companies: waterman, sheaffer, criterion, etc.) that all need at the very least new sacs or other small repairs, and many are partially melted and warped. Could I post a pic and you tell me what seems fixable? At the bare minimum there are two that I would actually use regularly if they were repaired. Those two work perfectly minus the sac that I was thinking of modifying to work with a modern cartridge converter (as the metal thing that the lever pushes seems like it is too rusted to be rubbing against a rubber sac, even a modern replacement).

Hi, sure why don’t you PM me a pic and let’s take it from there

Hey would you be willing to take my Parker 21 in for repair? Its nib is bent forward due to a dear friends mistake :'(. And also im a student so this could really help me, I really love my 21.

Hey would you be willing to take my Parker 21 in for repair? Its nib is bent forward due to a dear friends mistake :'(. And also im a student so this could really help me, I really love my 21.

Hi, PM with a pic please. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I came across this post and thought I'd see if I could at least get some advice. I got six old pens that from my father, and I think I know what they are thanks to asking here on FPN in the past. Their condition probably varies somewhat, but I doubt any of them are especially good and some appear to be missing parts. So as a starting point, I'd be curious to know (1) which of them it's possible to put into reasonable working condition, and (2) if the repair/restoration to do that would be worth the time, money, effort, etc. If you think you could help with this, let me know and I can send you more info. Thanks!