What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

Not a fountain pen, but I did just purchase an Ultra Black M Rollerball. I really liked that matte finish and how the cap now posts. Plus the capless rollerball seems really smooth.

Seriously debating a 147 Traveler.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a fountain pen, but I did just purchase an Ultra Black M Rollerball. I really liked that matte finish and how the cap now posts. Plus the capless rollerball seems really smooth.

Seriously debating a 147 Traveler.

Nice. Congratulations.

I don't get how the cap can post on the RB, yet not on the FP, when they are basically the same body?

Or are there differences, which I hadn't noticed?

And, yes, you can't go wrong with a 147. Highly recommended.

Its not a NEW purchase, but rather an update on the purchase... I'm excited.

I woke up to an email saying that my 2006 writers edition (NOS purchase) Virginia Woolf has been returned from its Hamburg trip and it is now equipped with an OB nib! :wub:

My father just happens to be in madrid and should be returning with the pen early next week (23 or 24th).

As for Peggy... I think i will send it back to get a proper OB, this shallow OB is not the greatest offering, but i want to wait for the 1912 to return from its nib exchange trip to take a picture of the entire family of pens, and then i'll ship peggy back.

~ Typically births require the services of an attending OB.

In this case it's the OBs which are being born.

What a switch!

It's good to know that you're determined to obtain what you prefer, Reed_thoughts.

Tom K.

Nice. Congratulations.

I don't get how the cap can post on the RB, yet not on the FP, when they are basically the same body?

Or are there differences, which I hadn't noticed?

And, yes, you can't go wrong with a 147. Highly recommended.

Thanks! The matte finish pulled me into the store, but when the guy showed me that the cap posted, I was sold. I then asked about the fountain pen but he said it didn't post, so I went with the rollerball.

Otherwise, I'm with you. Same exact design and cap, so not sure why the fountain pen would not have the magnet in the end of the barrel...

Its here! Its here!! And I LOVE it!!!! And look at the goodies that come with. Sweet :) Requested UPS instead of DHL. Arrived within 2 business days. Yes there were duties due but I dont necessarily expect the shipper to pick these up. Might have been a nice perk but the service was above and beyond from Fritz-Schimpf. This experience has rocketed them to the top of my list of international vendors. Now, if only they would offer the same discounts and free shipping that LCDC does. LOL.

post-64817-0-98468000-1516389192_thumb.jpeg

post-64817-0-57547200-1516389203_thumb.jpeg

Its here! Its here!! And I LOVE it!!!! And look at the goodies that come with. Sweet :) Requested UPS instead of DHL. Arrived within 2 business days. Yes there were duties due but I dont necessarily expect the shipper to pick these up. Might have been a nice perk but the service was above and beyond from Fritz-Schimpf. This experience has rocketed them to the top of my list of international vendors. Now, if only they would offer the same discounts and free shipping that LCDC does. LOL.

Wow. I'll admit to knowing nothing about what you just bought, but after reading about it, it seems very nice.

Congrats!!

Same exact design and cap, so not sure why the fountain pen would not have the magnet in the end of the barrel...

I guess because the FP barrel has to take two cartridges, so there is no room for a magnet?

attachicon.gif 93062991-7E9D-4E06-9654-FAA25D5812A9.jpeg

attachicon.gif 924DBA7F-EAB1-461F-B286-F9AD15DB6BEC.jpeg

Congratulations! I know you will enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed using mine. I have mine inked with Leo Tolstoy Sky Blue, which looks particularly fine with the italic nib. And the service from Fritz Schimpf is very fine indeed.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

attachicon.gif 93062991-7E9D-4E06-9654-FAA25D5812A9.jpeg

attachicon.gif 924DBA7F-EAB1-461F-B286-F9AD15DB6BEC.jpeg

Many Congrats, Yee!

Looking forward to a nice writing sample of this special nib with the "Fritzrot" ... ;-)

Thank you so much, Yee! It looks really fascinating and I like the ink, too!

Your handwriting is superb! Those special pens really deserve users and writers with such a handwriting and passion! :-)

Awww....thanks! I actually don't like my handwriting and have been trying to force change it but have come to the conclusion that my handwriting is mine and is never going to look "perfect" so I'm just going with it.

The Beatles limited edition fountain pen is finally arrived:

39772701982_6a4a7cf5f9_b.jpg

39804512671_e37fc99a19_b.jpg

28025967639_06e5bac665_b.jpg

and a first writing test with it:

39804644511_aa3e7983b6_b.jpg

And I received as gift from my reseller the chocolates box already presented on the forum:

39804379861_8e76d14161_b.jpg

39772522842_18aaeaf0c1_b.jpg

39804380161_e7f89d40a4_b.jpg

I also ordered to my reseller the Heritage Rouge et Noir Solitaire Serpent Limited Edition 1906 Rollerball and I hope he will be able to have it from MB. I like RB for the work and all the RB I currently have are using LeGrand refill so there is only black and blue color so I wanted a new RB with the normal refill to be able to have additional colors.

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/116/555/116555/245217-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.1500.1500.png

Waiting info from MB and my reseller...

Received my Platinum line 149 today. Should receive my wife's rollerball soon. Lots of Pelikans to keep them company.

post-140880-0-99685400-1516502307_thumb.jpeg

The Beatles limited edition fountain pen is finally arrived:

39772701982_6a4a7cf5f9_b.jpg

39804512671_e37fc99a19_b.jpg

28025967639_06e5bac665_b.jpg

and a first writing test with it:

39804644511_aa3e7983b6_b.jpg

And I received as gift from my reseller the chocolates box already presented on the forum:

39804379861_8e76d14161_b.jpg

39772522842_18aaeaf0c1_b.jpg

39804380161_e7f89d40a4_b.jpg

I also ordered to my reseller the Heritage Rouge et Noir Solitaire Serpent Limited Edition 1906 Rollerball and I hope he will be able to have it from MB. I like RB for the work and all the RB I currently have are using LeGrand refill so there is only black and blue color so I wanted a new RB with the normal refill to be able to have additional colors.

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/116/555/116555/245217-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.1500.1500.png

Waiting info from MB and my reseller...

The Beatles pen looks stunning! :puddle:

Received my Platinum line 149 today. Should receive my wife's rollerball soon. Lots of Pelikans to keep them company.

I think the platinum 149 is one of the best looking pens, lovely