What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

Montblanc 20-pen Collection Box & Shakespeare Rosegold Cufflinks.

~ daenghafez:

Those Shakespeare Rose Gold Cufflinks are lovely.

Thank you so much for sharing the nice image.

May they be a cherished heirloom for you and your family.

Tom K.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Tom for your kind wishes. The red is in addition to the black Shakespeare cufflinks that I have earlier. The latter is to match with its black WE Shakespeare pen. Alas Im still looking for a good price Shakespeare 1597 pen.

My latest purchase - a set of desk accessories (blotter, pen stand and ink well and base) in excellent boxed condition from eBay. Very stylish! :)

My latest purchase - a set of desk accessories (blotter, pen stand and ink well and base) in excellent boxed condition from eBay. Very stylish! :)

It should look great. Try not to have a cluttered desk. ;)

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

It should look great. Try not to have a cluttered desk. ;)

Too late... :)

I would post a photo, but I am struggling with a change over from photobucket!

Congratulations, Cyrille. The BH Skeleton is also my favorite of th3 skeleton pens. I wish I had one! Enjoy it — May the time pass quickly until it arrives.

Too late... :)

:doh: :doh:

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Friendly visit to my boutique. Walked out with 4 of the new Sartorial MB leather sleeves (Yellow, Indigo, Red, and Grey). Also picked up my first capless rollerball, the Homage to Homer. Writes really smoothly and the shape of the grip is perfect. The writing tip is a bit long as the gold cone is large so it will take some getting used to. Love the color combination of the matte black resin and champagne gold accents. Also love the big star on top. A really steller pen IMHO. The FP didn't catch my eye though.

Edited by 888007888

post-246-0-02868200-1532951784_thumb.jpegpost-246-0-97179800-1532951835_thumb.jpegpost-246-0-49436400-1532951856_thumb.jpeg

...arrived at work today and no ink to test...

Homer with OM nib.

First impressions: huge, looks uncomfortable but feels comfortable, did not imagine the deep and crisp engravings on the barrel, feels well made.

Will ink tonight with Homer blue pants blue ;-)

Cheers

Michael

Homer with OM nib.

First impressions: huge, looks uncomfortable but feels comfortable, did not imagine the deep and crisp engravings on the barrel, feels well made.

~ Michael R.:

It's a welcome sight to view more images of the WE Homer.

Thank you for posting them as well as your initial impressions.

Congratulations on the pen and a seldom seen OM nib.

By the phrase “deep and crisp engravings” do you mean the outline of a horse's head...or something eldse?

Tom K.

I agree with you Michael R,

While the body looks in a certain way, comfortable wouldnt be the word that springs to mind... And it may even look extreme in certain angles... But the truth is that the pen is fairly comfy to use at any period of time!

Congrats, may you use yours in great health!

By the phrase “deep and crisp engravings” do you mean the outline of a horse's head...or something eldse?

Tom K.

Yes, exactly. I did not expect the outline of the horse as described. Also the deeper outlines are glossy opposed to the pens surface. A pleasant surprise!

Also the threads feel different (but very easy and pleasant) to any other Montblancs I know due to the special mechanism to stop the cap at exactly the same position; from what I've seen so far the threads in the cap move freely ?!

Congrats, may you use yours in great health!

Many thanks :-) Your pictures were inspiration and helped during waiting time!

Cheers

Michael

I was visiting my local pen store this past weekend when a women came in with her late husband's pen collection to sell/consign with the shop. He had been a longtime customer. Soon the small collection made its way to the counter for all to see, and this 146 caught my eye. I've never had a MB fountain pen (I've had a ballpoint Meisterstuck for about 25 years, though), and getting one wasn't really on my radar, but this 146 was too good to pass up. Great condition and writes very nicely. It's a terrific addition to my modest assortment of FPs.

- Marc

43692799842_dd55b1bced_z.jpg

Ink 'em if you got 'em!

@ MightyEighth

An excellent buy and that too a 90th Anniversary.

Right place at the right time... :thumbup: Reams of writing pleasure await.

Engineer :

attachicon.gif BAD2022E-0A91-4E7D-81BC-B160F3E2E3E1.jpegattachicon.gif FAB27297-4CDF-42C3-82B5-3A87DEF13B9D.jpegattachicon.gif 6869D0CB-BC78-43AE-8C7B-21DF455B0F74.jpeg

Homer with OM nib.

Cheers

Michael

Awesome Michael!

I joined the club, this past Sunday I went to the Montblanc Boutique and bought one for myself, I had it sent to Germany for an Extra Fine nib swap, my first Montblanc Extra Fine.

Congrats to you and all the other guys who have this pen, when I first saw the photos of the Homer, I didn't like it, but it grew on me really fast! now I can't wait for mine to come back!

Cheers,

Luis A.

A little skeleton arrived this morning at home thanks to Gerardo from Stilus Aurea/Erfobay to meet my other skeleton, the Unicef:

42855843225_75e82b395f_c.jpg

~ Cyrille:

Thank you for the excellent pen and ink photograph.

The vivid color and sharp details are a pleasure to see.

May this special pen bring much writing joy to you!

Tom K.

A little skeleton arrived this morning at home thanks to Gerardo from Stilus Aurea/Erfobay to meet my other skeleton, the Unicef:

42855843225_75e82b395f_c.jpg

The best looking skeleton till date, IMO. Congratulations!!!