What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

Just yesterday. My new LeGrand with rose gold trim and medium nib.

Also I have vintage 146 (early 1970th), vitage nib better, than modern, more smooth. But modern also nice.

post-144023-0-00517100-1532178015.jpeg

post-144023-0-69773200-1532178027.jpeg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just yesterday. My new LeGrand with rose gold trim and medium nib.

Also I have vintage 146 (early 1970th), vitage nib better, than modern, more smooth. But modern also nice.

~ Tashi_Tsering:

That looks very nice indeed!

Congratulations on your new rose gold 146 M.

I hope that it will become a cherished daily writer for you.

It's especially nice to see photos of it. Thank you for posting them.

What color ink will you use for writing?

Tom K.

~ Tashi_Tsering:

Congratulations on your new rose gold 146 M.

Thank you! :)

What color ink will you use for writing?

In Russia "official" ink colors are blue and black (blue most popular). So, usualy I use blue inks. My favorite Montblanc Royal Blue. Also I use Montegrappa black-blue and Waterman Serenity Blue and other blue inks. I have other inks, like Montblanc Lavender Purple etc, but just for tests and fun.

In Russia "official" ink colors are blue and black (blue most popular). So, usualy I use blue inks. My favorite Montblanc Royal Blue. Also I use Montegrappa black-blue and Waterman Serenity Blue and other blue inks. I have other inks, like Montblanc Lavender Purple etc, but just for tests and fun.

~ Tashi_Tsering:

Where I work and live the “official” ink colors are black and black (black most popular). So, I usually use any color except black!

Montblanc Royal Blue is my reliable ink for testing new pens. It never causes any problems in any size nibs.

The recently released Montblanc Homer Greek Blue ink is a pleasing alternative.

The rich blue color looks great on various grades of paper. I've enjoyed writing with it this weekend.

I'm so pleased that your rose gold 146 M nib is on your writing desk, ready for daily use.

Thanks again for the nice photos.

Tom K.

Where I work and live the “official” ink colors are black and black (black most popular). So, I usually use any color except black!

Same here. Although I do try to avoid both, black and blue.

Life is a bit short, not to add color to your thoughts... :D

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

1nkulus and Tom:

What do you mean the "official" ink colours are black (and blue)? How "official", I mean, how strict is it and in what sense?

Here, in schools and universities, only in the national examinations (e.g. baccalaureate, when finishing high school) it is mandatory to write in blue ink, but other than that, one can use whatever ink they want. Yes, there are professors who frown at a homework written in pink, but nothing "official".

I just supervised an admission exam at my university and it was written clearly in the rules: "Answers must be marked in fountain pen ink or ballpoint paste", so I guess only pencil was prohibited, nothing about colours.

I've fetched Homer LE, Homer SE, Spider black, coral, and 1906. Ludwig 4810 and JFK Burgundy too. And LPP Solitaire LeGrand and Solitaire Doue Classique. And maybe summer 2018 is over. Now I'll have to wait a few months till the other pens are out there.

And I have the upload button now, but when I click it I see no means to actually upload pictures. I'd really appreciate it if someone guides how to upload pictures accurately. lol

Edited by ignigena

And I have the upload button now, but when I click it I see no means to actually upload pictures. I'd really appreciate it if someone guides how to upload pictures accurately. lol

You’re too new. Have to be a Gold member.

fpn_1532535277__h5321-l148912474.jpg

Just got notice that I won this baby! It's the last one I need to complete the modern 1xx line!

(Sorry for the excessive number of exclamation points -- combination of excitement and too much coffee!)

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Bought today the famous Meisterstück 149 Skeleton Blue Hour that will be sent beginning of next week to home... So much happy to have it joining my collection! The waiting will be difficult until the moment I will be able to play with it :)

~ Cyrille:

A Blue Hour Skeleton?

Congratulations!

Such a lovely pen will fit well with your other superb pens.

We'll be interested to read more about it after you receive it.

Tom K.

Bought today the famous Meisterstück 149 Skeleton Blue Hour that will be sent beginning of next week to home... So much happy to have it joining my collection! The waiting will be difficult until the moment I will be able to play with it :)

You are going to LOVE it! :wub: Then follows experimenting to see which inks go best. :bunny01:

You are going to LOVE it! :wub: Then follows experimenting to see which inks go best. :bunny01:

Nowadays MB decides for you as they pair LE inks and pens pretty often. Don't think about it, just buy it! ;)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!