• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OBB or a stub might be better. Lovely pen and workmanship.

Thanks for the suggestion 1nkulus. Yes, an OBB would be great also. I have a 146 with an OBB and a 149 with an OBBB, and the one size in all my MB's that I lack is the OB (and a true EF, but that will be for later). I have a couple Pelikans with OB nibs that I really enjoy... a Martele with an OB is on my short "must have" list :wub:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I have done a New photo of my Montblanc Family.

It is my new..

*MB149

*MB146 ( second)

*MB Most art pen . The Liiliy-poot mini pen :lol: in Platinum finish.

post-140101-0-02389000-1531231358_thumb.jpg

Just bought a Montblanc 147 75th Anniversary at auction on Ebay. It has a new cap and has been serviced and tuned by Montblanc prior to listing. This is my second 75th. my other is a 146. Just love that 75th nib.

I now have a 144, 145, 146, 147 and 149. What happened to the 148? Did they make one?

No such pen as a 148.

Yet...

I would tell you more, but

The first rule of fountainpen network club is, never talk about new fountain pens...

Yet...

I would tell you more, but

The first rule of fountainpen network club is, never talk about new fountain pens...

~ jagwap:

If some iteration of the heretofore mythical 148 will come into being...WOW!

In any case, I respect and appreciate your keeping whatever you know to yourself, so that someday it will be a grand surprise for all of us.

Tom K.

Thanks for the suggestion 1nkulus. Yes, an OBB would be great also. I have a 146 with an OBB and a 149 with an OBBB, and the one size in all my MB's that I lack is the OB (and a true EF, but that will be for later). I have a couple Pelikans with OB nibs that I really enjoy... a Martele with an OB is on my short "must have" list :wub:

I was unaware of the nibs in your collection, in which case it makes sense to complete the trilogy. :thumbup: Glad you have been able to tick one off the grail list.

IMO, I would have the Martele with OBB and the 146 with OB.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I was unaware of the nibs in your collection, in which case it makes sense to complete the trilogy. :thumbup: Glad you have been able to tick one off the grail list.

IMO, I would have the Martele with OBB and the 146 with OB.

I wish MB nibs were as easily swapped as Pelikan nibs... then we could have all the variations whenever the mood hits :lol:

Edited by BillH

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I wish MB nibs were as easily swapped as Pelikan nibs... then we could have all the variations whenever the mood hits :lol:

And that is why the Montblanc guys need to own a few Pelikans and the Pelikan guys need to own a few Montblancs.

An unfortunate MB side effect. :D OTOH, how would MB maintain it's aura if it adopted Pelikan's simplistic approach?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I went to a boutique and went a bit mad. Purchased the WE Homer. And 2 inks, Swan Illusion and the Spider. Order in for 2 bottles of Homer ink too. Oh and a rather nice Classique. Pictures to follow in a few days...

I've been very naughty on holidays and bought something very unique in all the world....to me.

I am guessing, a MB FP. :P

Engineer :

I've been very naughty on holidays and bought something very unique in all the world....to me.

Did you adopt a kid ? 🤣😀

Sounds like something bespoke to me

~ Uncial:

A Montblanc two-pen pouch with the Muses Marilyn Monroe and the Burgundy JFK stored together, uncapped?

Tom K.

~ Uncial:

A Montblanc two-pen pouch with the Muses Marilyn Monroe and the Burgundy JFK stored together, uncapped?

Tom K.

:wub: :yikes: :P

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I ordered a sealed William Faulkner and it will arrive on Monday. I'm going to fill it with Parker Washable Blue and hope it doesn't spring a leak. :)

~ Uncial:

Tom K.

Hehe, I like it.

But no. Its blue and has a star I disliked when I saw it in the pictures and little gold foxes.....The special edition Little Prince. In the flesh, its quite something.