What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

And I have no idea why the picture has been posted sideways, last I check the orientation was correct.

Posting from iPhone it happens, rotate the picture 360 degrees in photos app and save, works for me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few weeks ago bought MB Boheme (medium nib). Photo with my vintage 146.

~ Tashi_Tsering:

That's an excellent pair of Montblanc fountain pens.

Thank you for posting the photograph.

Whatever ink you use, I hope that it writes well for you.

I'm glad that 2018 is a ‘Montblanc year’ for you!

Tom K.

~ Tashi_Tsering:

I'm glad that 2018 is a ‘Montblanc year’ for you!

Thank you very much. This year is realy 'Montblanc year' for me. In 2018 I bought MB 144 (modern), 145, 149 (old, I think around 1990th), Boheme and Titano (old, late 1980th). And I love them all.

PS Sorry for my English.

My Montblanc man has just acquired three 75th 149’s in rose gold and has offered me one... he is convinced these are the ones to collect, but I’m not sure I do ‘safe queens’ which surely this pen would need to be?

Picked this up a week ago; 75th Anniversary LE 149 :)

mb_149_75th.jpg

Very reminiscent of Waterman Florida Blue... need to find a comparison of those two.

Hello Tom,

I know you are having issues with other forums here, so I "relocated" this photo of the Homer Blue ink for you from The Mall forum where Fritz Schimphf has shown sample: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/337444-new-montblanc-inks-web-grey-and-homer-greek-blue/

fpn_1530308492__post-80974-0-56327900-15

My Montblanc man has just acquired three 75th 149s in rose gold and has offered me one... he is convinced these are the ones to collect, but Im not sure I do safe queens which surely this pen would need to be?

I have this same pen and it was also a recent acquisition this year. It's such a great pen and deserves to be used and inked often. It has become one of my favorites.

Edited by 888007888

Thank you very much. This year is realy 'Montblanc year' for me. In 2018 I bought MB 144 (modern), 145, 149 (old, I think around 1990th), Boheme and Titano (old, late 1980th). And I love them all.

PS Sorry for my English.

Never apologize for your English. You're communicating, which is more than I can do in another language. And you're doing it very well! :wub:

I'm not familiar with Titano. Perhaps it was marketed here (if at all) under another name?

Look what the mailman brought :)

A Fitzgerald Set...condition, apparently NOS. But not 100% sure...looks fine to me, but not 100% new.

The piston needs some lubing and I am not sure about the nib. It says M nib, but it writes more like a F nib.

And if you write very fast, it kind of skips...or runs dry. And a bit more on the scratch side...

lets see what my boutique can do here...do you think they will take in this 2002 edition for fixing?

post-122110-0-52908600-1531073105_thumb.jpg

Picked up my Martelé from nib exchange today. Had to get some new ink too! Broad nib is wet, but thats partly because I flushed it with J Herbin and stuck the ink straight in without drying (too keen to try it out).

Picked up my Martelé from nib exchange today. Had to get some new ink too! Broad nib is wet, but thats partly because I flushed it with J Herbin and stuck the ink straight in without drying (too keen to try it out).

Love that one! Next on my list, maybe even next month. Planning an OB nib... :puddle:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Love that one! Next on my list, maybe even next month. Planning an OB nib... :puddle:

OBB or a stub might be better. Lovely pen and workmanship.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

That is gorgeous.

NI'm not familiar with Titano. Perhaps it was marketed here (if at all) under another name?

Titano is slightly rare series. It's looks very close to Noblesse and Slimline, but there is some differens (mostly in section — there is some ribs on it, and, ofcourse, Titano was made from titanium). This series was produced around 1986-89. As far as I know, this series have only this name.

See attached picture. It is page from MB 1987-88 catalogue

post-144023-0-50410600-1531121741_thumb.jpg

Titano is slightly rare series. It's looks very close to Noblesse and Slimline, but there is some differens (mostly in section — there is some ribs on it, and, ofcourse, Titano was made from titanium). This series was produced around 1986-89. As far as I know, this series have only this name.

See attached picture. It is page from MB 1987-88 catalogue

~ Tashi_Tsering:

Thank you for this information.

You've kindly filled in another gap in my limited understanding of past Montblanc models.

Whatever happened to pens sold from this series? I've never heard of them.

Tom K.

~ dubhe:

That's a very nice nib!

What I especially like are the glints of light on small sections of the Martelé surface.

Thank you for the nice photo.

Tom K.

Whatever happened to pens sold from this series? I've never heard of them.

I don't know, sorry. I saw few Titano on "Avito" (something like Russian ebay), but not much. Also, this pens was avaliable for Japan market (see attach, MB catalogue 1986). So, I think, this pens was not extremely rare.

post-144023-0-73618100-1531148151_thumb.jpg

I don't know, sorry. I saw few Titano on "Avito" (something like Russian ebay), but not much. Also, this pens was avaliable for Japan market (see attach, MB catalogue 1986). So, I think, this pens was not extremely rare.

~ Tashi_Tsering:

Ha! The problem is me! I'm unfamiliar with many past Montblanc models.

It may have been a well-received pen. My limited experience didn't include the Titano until you very kindly shared the images.

Thank you so much for educating me with such helpful information and photos.

Tom K.