What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

~ Pravda:

May the 1912 B nib be a cherished writer for you.

Thank you for the images of the pen nib showing the spider with the date on its body.

It's very helpful to see such photos for those distant from Montblanc boutiques.

You had a profitable visit to your boutique!

Tom K.

Thanks Tom. I hurried took these shots to post on FPN before giving in the pen for a nib exchange. First time I don't go home with a new purchase though.

I think I should take care of your 1912 for you.

I'll send you my M nib. To try something new ;)

@Pravda : Your pictures make this pen look incredible. Congratulations my friend !

Thanks my friend. They're really not the best but hopefully I'll upload better ones.

The spider metamorphosis is stunning! Is it ebonite or precious resin?

Ebonite. In retrospect, it made the original Ebonite 1906 feel too plain?

Congratulations on the spider pen, Pravda. It looks unique and beautiful.

Thank you Toll.

Congrats Pravda, the Spider edition looks great.

Thank you flipper_gv

Congratulations, Pravda. I know how the feel when holding the weighty 1906 edition spider in hands. I already own black F, coral M, and 1906 B snakes, and 1912 B, since I still prefer large pens and more important I don't have the budget, I may pass the spider.

You know, thats the original reason I intended to avoid it having already the black, coral, silver, brown and ebonite. It's getting ridiculous.

I hoped to wait for a different form, but the quality feel of this particular model surpassing all the previous iterations had me.

Thank you very much Tom for your comment and congratulation :) From a photographer as you it is really appreciate. I will foresee to take new ones with my reflex and macro objective and a tripod if we don't want to have burry photos :)

I actually had one look at your pics and thought this must have been done with a DSLR and tripod! Amazing pics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually had one look at your pics and thought this must have been done with a DSLR and tripod! Amazing pics

No, just my iPhone X :)

Great to know the body of the Spider 1906 is in ebonite because I asked to the MB store and they didn't know. When I look it I thought it is ebonite but wasn't sure.

Cyrille, congratulations on your new acquisition! The pen photos show the uniqueness of this piece. It would be helpful to know how the writing experience has been for you. Thank you.

@pravda-- are you sure it is made out of ebonite? from the pics the web does not look like an overlay, but as if the web was carved on a silver rod/tube and the dips were painted. even the description on tje montblanc page does not mention overlay or ebonite.

maybe compare the weight of the solitaire version and ebonite version of the serpent series...

@pravda-- are you sure it is made out of ebonite? from the pics the web does not look like an overlay, but as if the web was carved on a silver rod/tube and the dips were painted. even the description on tje montblanc page does not mention overlay or ebonite.

maybe compare the weight of the solitaire version and ebonite version of the serpent series...

I mean Im not 100%, but that what the boutique told me and I also have the ebonite pen and they look/feel the same. But hey..

Is ebonite moulded? If so it could be co-moulded onto the silver. Non-trivial to get the finish, but that helps justify the price.

Silver is nice, but in the hot humid country I live in, it may not stay nice.

Pravda: please keep us informed on the patina and ability to polish this piece.

The solitaire serpent is 46,5g and 29,3 without the cap. The spider is 62g and 42,2 without the cap. I don't have the ebonite version of serpent so I don't know the weight.

Is ebonite moulded? If so it could be co-moulded onto the silver. Non-trivial to get the finish, but that helps justify the price.

Silver is nice, but in the hot humid country I live in, it may not stay nice.

Pravda: please keep us informed on the patina and ability to polish this piece.

You know mine appeared to be very dark silver (almost titanium looking) from Day 1. I think that a dark patina developing would actually make the pen look very nice, not detract from its looks on the contrary.

I live in Dubai- can't get more hot or humid than here possibly anywhere on the planet- and my Martele is faring pretty well. This is a pen that I actually prefer not to have patina on, and still only wiping it down about once a month keeps it new looking.

Thank you, Pravda, for the photo details of this pen. I am drawn to and am planning to buy this piece.

I wanted to share my thoughts about the material. I doubt the complete material on the barrel and the cap, apart from the web, is silver. My understanding is that Montblanc makes highly functional and beautiful pens but the company is not too generous in the use of precious metals. This is not a criticism of their creativity.

The only pen for example, in full sterling silver in the PoA category was Joseph 888.

The laquer is mostly over stainless steel or brass. This is what I was told last year by staff at the Texas Hq.

The information I have could be entirely incorrect. I consider myself a student of Montblanc pens and am in very early stages of learning from the experts here in the forum.

@pravda & @cyrille great pen in any case. enjoy in good health.

@blottingpaperforlife- IMO montblanc is stirring things up.... the last writers edition with 149 sized nib was almost quarter of a century ago. also recent solitaire 146 pens, do not have an ink window and the section is made out of metal... another step towards increasing percieved quality and prices.

anyways it was hypothetical :)

Purchased the Heritage 1912 last week. Only 3 pieces remaining in all of London, so I couldn't resist buying it after reading all the positive reviews on this forum!

Now I'm waiting for it to return from Hamburg with a B nib. Can't wait to use it :)

A notebook, pen & ink. Next month I hope I could purchase a Le Petit Prince 146 OB when I visit Sydney for the Pen Show.

post-141810-0-37406400-1530900359_thumb.jpg

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

And I have no idea why the picture has been posted sideways, last I check the orientation was correct.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

And I have no idea why the picture has been posted sideways, last I check the orientation was correct.

Perhaops the subtle play of the coriolis effect? :P

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Perhaops the subtle play of the coriolis effect? :P

~ zaddick:

Ha Ha!

With minimal to no effect in Singapore or Quito.

Tom K.

Montblanc Titano, EF.

~ Tashi_Tsering:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network's Montblanc Forum!

Your EF pen looks beautiful.

I hope that it will write very well for you.

Thank you for posting the image.

Tom K.

~ Tashi_Tsering:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network's Montblanc Forum!

Thank you very much!

Purchased the Heritage 1912 last week. Only 3 pieces remaining in all of London, so I couldn't resist buying it after reading all the positive reviews on this forum!

Now I'm waiting for it to return from Hamburg with a B nib. Can't wait to use it :)

I have the same nib in mine (only took a week to return from Hamburg), the nib itself ran dry for the first two weeks, I almost sent it back. Then, suddenly, it matured into a wonderful wet, but not too wet, writer. Great pen.