• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that this was very suspensful, but here are the contents of the packages... just ink. I did buy myself some pens, but none from MB.

fpn_1530295561__20180628_100859_resized.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Congratulations nishant on a fine acquisition. Will it be heading in for a new nib width?

Thanks m8 .. I think I would be using this for a while before sending it in. The nib is pre-loved and glides so well on paper already. Plus, I have a half dozen pens getting nib changes right now so I really want to see how good MB does before I send this treasure in.

~ nishant:

That's a very special arrival indeed.

Thank you for sharing it here for all of us to enjoy.

I have no experience with Montblanc skeleton fountain pens.

May I please ask you what model this is?

Whatever it is, I hope that it will be a wonderful writer for you.

Tom K.

Thanks Tom. Holding this one is a special feeling indeed. Nobody does skeletons like Montblanc. They are the new precious really. It indeed is the platinum plated Skeleton 333. The brick lattice pattern is very clean and crisp.

Congratulations Nishant on another exquisite purchase! Its gorgeous :)

You are a bad influence my friend Thank you much ..

Not that this was very suspensful, but here are the contents of the packages... just ink. I did buy myself some pens, but none from MB.

fpn_1530295561__20180628_100859_resized.

Awesome pick ups. I would be interested in seeing how that green behaves. I am a little put off by the new spider grey but the Homer blue looks gorgeous

Thanks Tom. Holding this one is a special feeling indeed. Nobody does skeletons like Montblanc. They are the new precious really. It indeed is the platinum plated Skeleton 333. The brick lattice pattern is very clean and crisp.

Awesome pick ups. I would be interested in seeing how that green behaves. I am a little put off by the new spider grey but the Homer blue looks gorgeous

~ nishant:

Thank you for the further information above. You're educating me, which I appreciate.

It's platinum-plated? Nice! The crisp brick lattice stands out.

What an outstanding addition to your outstanding collection of fountain pens!

Above you mention ink, including the Heritage Spider Metamorphosis Web Grey, but also a “Homer Blue”.

I'm so out-of-the-loop on that. The Montblanc China Web site doesn't yet show the Web grey, so it was necessary to visit the U.S. and U.K. Montblanc sites to see it.

However, nothing at all about any “Homer Blue” on those Web sites.

Was that a new ink that you saw in a boutique? If so, what type of blue is it? Dark? Medium?

In an case, I'm delighted that your Skeleton 333 suits you. That's an extra-special pen to see here!

Tom K.

~ zaddick:

Oh my!

That's “just ink”?

What a treasure that is. That would brighten up any week, were it to arrive.

I hope that the colors will display well in the splendid nibs you have.

It's a lovely assortment.

Tom K.

I have Skeleton envy. Wouldn’t that fit nicely between mine?

I think they would fight as the 90th would be a little too jealous.

~ nishant:

Thank you for the further information above. You're educating me, which I appreciate.

It's platinum-plated? Nice! The crisp brick lattice stands out.

What an outstanding addition to your outstanding collection of fountain pens!

Above you mention ink, including the Heritage Spider Metamorphosis Web Grey, but also a “Homer Blue”.

I'm so out-of-the-loop on that. The Montblanc China Web site doesn't yet show the Web grey, so it was necessary to visit the U.S. and U.K. Montblanc sites to see it.

However, nothing at all about any “Homer Blue” on those Web sites.

Was that a new ink that you saw in a boutique? If so, what type of blue is it? Dark? Medium?

In an case, I'm delighted that your Skeleton 333 suits you. That's an extra-special pen to see here!

Tom K.

Hello Tom,

I know you are having issues with other forums here, so I "relocated" this photo of the Homer Blue ink for you from The Mall forum where Fritz Schimphf has shown sample: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/337444-new-montblanc-inks-web-grey-and-homer-greek-blue/

fpn_1530308492__post-80974-0-56327900-15

Edited by zaddick

~ zaddick:

Oh my!

That's “just ink”?

What a treasure that is. That would brighten up any week, were it to arrive.

I hope that the colors will display well in the splendid nibs you have.

It's a lovely assortment.

Tom K.

Thank you Tom. The Red Fox has been a very nice terra cotta color in use so far for a new pen I receltly acquired. I had a suspicion I would like it, hence the order of three bottles - gluttony at its finest. :D

Thank you Tom. The Red Fox has been a very nice terra cotta color in use so far for a new pen I receltly acquired. I had a suspicion I would like it, hence the order of three bottles - gluttony at its finest. :D

~ zaddick:

I wouldn't have mentioned it, but the three bottles of Red Fox did raise my left eyebrow.

Now I understand the method behind your consumer madness.

I've been on the fence about that ink.

If you do ink a pen in it, as opposed to having the three bottles sit in a glass case for your family members to admire as evidence of dad's mental state, I'd be interested in seeing a line or two in a handwriting sample.

Thank you for explaining this.

Tom K.

Hello Tom,

I know you are having issues with other forums here, so I "relocated" this photo of the Homer Blue ink for you from The Mall forum where Fritz Schimphf has shown sample: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/337444-new-montblanc-inks-web-grey-and-homer-greek-blue/

fpn_1530308492__post-80974-0-56327900-15

~ zaddick:

Very hearty appreciation for your thoughtfulness in sharing the above image.

Yes, I'm currently unable to access other sections of the Fountain Pen Network Web site.

It's news to me that Montblanc has introduced a new ink through Fritz Schimpf prior to elsewhere.

I visited the Fritz Schimpf Web site just now. I noticed that the Fritz Schimpf 146 Italic edition remains available.

As to Montblanc Homer Blue — one look was all it took.

Whenever it is shown as being in stock on the Montblanc China Web site, put me down for two bottles.

That's my kind of blue...not on the turquoise or the purplish sides.

Montblanc owes you a bottle for brining it to my attention, as they'll surely make a sale to me.

When I think of Homer, I think of the “wine-dark sea” or the “rosy-red dawn”.

Shows that I'm no literary critic.

This is excellent news. Again, many thanks for the tip and the image.

Tom K.

fpn_1530310549__20180629_150950_resized.

~ zaddick:

For several reasons, gotta love it.

What an image! What a quote!

The Montblanc Red Fox ink goes so well with the Romillo pen.

Many thanks. Whenever I order Montblanc Homer Greek Blue, a bottle of Red Fox may be in order.

Tom K.

I have Skeleton envy. Wouldnt that fit nicely between mine?

Your Blue Hour Skeleton started the rebirth of my interest in FPs last year 😁

Your Blue Hour Skeleton started the rebirth of my interest in FPs last year

We are thus revenged upon each other.

Something special arrived this week :-)

If that his the one from eBay. It broke my heart to see that pen in the completed auctions. Great pen at a fraction of the cost!

If that his the one from eBay. It broke my heart to see that pen in the completed auctions. Great pen at a fraction of the cost!

Man, I could have lived my whole life not knowing I missed that pen! Well, plenty of other fish in the sea, even if they ae not see through. :)