What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

Today I bought my very first fountain pen ever, it's a 146 UNICEF with M nib and a Mystery Black 60ml to go with it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1529753916__img_2737.jpg

This Montblanc pen case is not a purchase but a gift from the Montblanc boutique. I am so glad to receive it.

This Montblanc pen case is not a purchase but a gift from the Montblanc boutique. I am so glad to receive it.

Congratulations !!! It's a beautiful case .

Beautiful!

Tom congratulations on acquiring the MB #4. Enjoy it for many years to come. It is a beautiful pen.

Tom congratulations on acquiring the MB #4. Enjoy it for many years to come. It is a beautiful pen.

~ special40449:

Thank you very much!

The fingertip sensation while writing with the #4 is everything I ever hoped to experience with a fountain pen.

Exquisite feedback.

The design, proportions and color all are pleasing to the eye.

Tom K.

~ Ghost Plane:

You're to blame for this beauty being on my writing desk.

Ha! Your years of tireless advocacy for the Broad Side directly influenced me towards OBBBs.

See what you've done? Now there are no less than five OBBBs available for use, and every one of them is a joy.

This may be a small scale pen, but the OBBB nib is large output. Ideal for use in certain situations where an OBBB is needed but less obtrusive.

The single greatest conceptual ‘leap of faith’ in my fountain pen journey was listening to you and deciding to use an OBBB for ordinary daily writing.

Having been a dedicated EF nib writer, I'd been misguided to think that the “big boys” would be difficult to use, making a splotchy mess.

As it turned out, and as you knew, nothing could be farther from the case. In fact, OBBBs are practical pens which are highly responsive to fingertip pressure.

Color me happy and please pass the cookies...white chocolate chip, of course!

Tom K

Aw shucks. Twarnt nothing. Just hate to see folks miss out on all the fun. :blush:

Good day at today's antique market; the visit was a great start spending a nice day with good friends.

• Montblanc Meisterstück LeGrand Solitaire Hematite (fine nib); NOS
  • Montblanc Meisterstück 146 (fine-medium nib); filling knob is engraved "BBB" but nib was exchanged :-(
  • Montblanc Meisterstück 132 wartime model with no cap bands but just an engraving. Short cap top, medium ink window and non-Meisterstück Montblanc nib. Unfortunately clip is non Montblanc.

Will post pictures later...

Cheers

Michael

Awesome finds Michael. No such luck in local markets/fairs for me. Still, glad good pens found a great owner.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

fpn_1529698173__silvershine.jpg

Montblanc Sterling Silver 1266 with a White Gold OBBB Nib

Tom, this is a fabulous pen, and one that has been on my 'want to buy' list for a while now. As you comment in another post the design is both functional and elegant. IMHO sterling silver pens are very good value, if they are in good condition which your pen looks to be.

The nib is too B for me, but I know you will enjoy it! :)

Tom, this is a fabulous pen, and one that has been on my 'want to buy' list for a while now. As you comment in another post the design is both functional and elegant. IMHO sterling silver pens are very good value, if they are in good condition which your pen looks to be.

The nib is too B for me, but I know you will enjoy it! :)

~ da vinci:

It's very nice of you to say that. Thank you.

The 1266 OBBB is in exceptional condition.

It was more or less stored, uninked and unused, for decades.

It's now at home on my writing desk where regular use and careful maintenance will be the norm.

This is my first experience of sterling silver fountain pen, although I also have a half century old sterling silver Cross pen from my childhood.

The design with a chased body is quietly elegant, as well as ergonomically comfortable to hold.

As to the OBBB nib, it's a joy. A nib more to your taste in various respects may be presented in the near future.

Tom K.

A delayed, self-funded fathers day gift. Yup, I am willing to claim such a flimsy excuse to buy more pen stuff.

Anyone want to guess what lies in waiting?

fpn_1530206599__20180628_100523_resized.

A delayed, self-funded fathers day gift. Yup, I am willing to claim such a flimsy excuse to buy more pen stuff.

Anyone want to guess what lies in waiting?

~ zaddick:

Dad's privilege.

Several bottles of ink.

A pen.

Tom K.

Congratulations nishant on a fine acquisition. Will it be heading in for a new nib width?

Something special arrived this week :-)

~ nishant:

That's a very special arrival indeed.

Thank you for sharing it here for all of us to enjoy.

I have no experience with Montblanc skeleton fountain pens.

May I please ask you what model this is?

Whatever it is, I hope that it will be a wonderful writer for you.

Tom K.