• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recently acquired another grail pen, the Martelé. Im going to wait for the weekend to open the packet and play with the nib. Am I still constrained to six weeks for an exchange? Its not limited but its definitely special. Im tempted to go for a B.

mmmm... this one is on my buy list for a bit later this year. Been on my want list since I first saw it. Congrats!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

P6071634.jpg

The Petit Prince Legrand. It is for me unique in all the world...

~ geodesigner:

What a photo!

What a pen!

What a post!

Thank you for your superb taste and masterful photography.

Tom K.

geodesigner,

I held this pen in person a week ago and my felt experience was exactly what Tom said, What a pen! Montblanc has created beautiful, functional Little Prince Le Grand , Solitaire , the ink, and the notebook!

I had read somewhere that Montblanc designer, Zain Kamal played a key role in the creation of the Little Prince pen designs

~ geodesigner:

What a photo!

What a pen!

What a post!

Thank you for your superb taste and masterful photography.

Tom K.

Thank you very much for your kind words!

geodesigner,

I held this pen in person a week ago and my felt experience was exactly what Tom said, What a pen! Montblanc has created beautiful, functional Little Prince Le Grand , Solitaire , the ink, and the notebook!

Yes, this is an amazing daily companion... the 146 size is very good for most people, and the materials and styling are very good. The whole line is very charming and classy. The blue is quite dark and doesn't look out of place in a professional setting, but when we get up-close we can see the little whimsical details... this is very related to the famous Saint-Exupéry line, "what is essential is invisible to the eyes...".

Cheers!

3776 + 4810.

I'm maintaining a comprehensive list of Iron-Gall inks. Contributions most welcome! bit.ly/irongall

Hhah I need to work on a cover story for my wife. I would hate to be fountainpenlonely.

1QORXpr.jpg

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

1QORXpr.jpg

We should start a thread, Whats your most recent MB excuse?

I usually reply, oh Ive had that one for ages, but have only just started using it again.

I usually reply, oh Ive had that one for ages, but have only just started using it again.

That's one of my favorites.

I remember reading this on FPN a few years ago "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my pens for what I told her they cost"

My paypal gets tracked and if I purchase a pen then I need to free up funds by selling pens of similar value. I'm not a HUGE fan of this system, but it keeps me honest :)

They advantage of buying and selling to buy again is you get to try lots of pens and nibs and keep the ones that work. I was lucky enough to make a decent profit on a few pens in the early days of my collection also, and I like to pretend they are still now paid for by profits of the hobby. This might not be completely true however...

Oh yeah. That's my favorite part. Due to this, I've bought and sold/traded over 2 dozen 149s and kept the ones that I like the most.

I'd like to believe that this hobby/addiction pays for itself, but my wife's analytics disagree with this.

I've tracked the price of every single pen that I've bought and sold.

They advantage of buying and selling to buy again is you get to try lots of pens and nibs and keep the ones that work. I was lucky enough to make a decent profit on a few pens in the early days of my collection also, and I like to pretend they are still now paid for by profits of the hobby. This might not be completely true however...

Am I the only one whos wife does not care how much of my money I spend; and simply trusts me to be at least somewhat financially responsible?

I dont think Id want to live with someone who would keep a track and bug me for every penny I spend, after all it is my money and I earned it myself.

Meisterstuck Le Petit Prince Classique BP

Meisterstuck Platinum-Coated Classique BP

Meisterstuck Ultra Black Classique RB

Am I the only one whos wife does not care how much of my money I spend; and simply trusts me to be at least somewhat financially responsible?

I dont think Id want to live with someone who would keep a track and bug me for every penny I spend, after all it is my money and I earned it myself.

Hmm, apparently it's "our money"...

+1 thankfully, to the uninitiated, most of my pens look much the same :-)

Except when it's "her money"...

+1