What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

Congratulations on the box Pravda. I must admit I was surprised to find you did not already have one to home your fine pens. Now they have a nice little home to nestle into.

The SE skeleton collection is now up to date and awaiting this year's entry. :)

Have you heard that a new skeleton is foreseen this year? I asked to my reseller and he said me no new foreseen...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not that I recall...my MB Boutique showed me the roadmap for the next two years. Didn't see any I think.

Sorry, no inside info here. I just assumed that three years and 3 SE skeletons made a trend.

It's not like MB has a hard time selling $10K pens so I figured this was going to be an annual thing. Sorry if I got any hopes up. However, if it turns out there is one I want credit for calling it first! ;)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I purchased two weeks ago the Le Petit Prince in the Legrand Special Edition version. See pic.

I like it very much due to its blue color. It is a darker blue in reality - the images available in the web suggest very often a lighter blue shade. It is also a bit top heavy due to its metal-piston-twisting-turning-knob. Bit actually for me quite good to write with.

post-112550-0-39438500-1526241074_thumb.jpeg

post-112550-0-90543500-1526241097_thumb.jpeg

post-112550-0-73116600-1526241123_thumb.jpeg

You never go wrong with a Montblanc...Please, have a look at my page www.nibbinibnibb.com.Thank you!

Glittertinden: Congratulations on your new purchase and thanks for the great photos!

Sorry, no inside info here. I just assumed that three years and 3 SE skeletons made a trend.

It's not like MB has a hard time selling $10K pens so I figured this was going to be an annual thing. Sorry if I got any hopes up. However, if it turns out there is one I want credit for calling it first! ;)

Hoping your voice is the one convincing MB to keep the trend going.

A couple of days ago, I took home a Montblanc purchase that comes with a key!

No, it's not a car. I wish. But a very nice Collector's box that honestly is long overdue :)

fpn_1526223630__box0.jpg

The wood is of exceptional quality. I am not sure what type, but it reminded me of the rosewood that Christofle uses.

fpn_1526223658__box1.jpg

It houses 20 writing instruments- in 2 floors that are removable- whereas they can be placed flat on a writing table then placed inside the casing once done.

fpn_1526223687__box2.jpg

The star on the key I found to be a very nice detail.

fpn_1526223716__box3.jpg

I was also happy to bring home another fountain pen :)

fpn_1526223828__unicef_outer.jpg

The packaging is definitely an upgrade from the previous models. They're gradually getting better at it, the blue lacquer box is gorgeous!

fpn_1526224093__unicef_inner.jpg

fpn_1526224122__unicef_sepia.jpg

fpn_1526224151__unicef_bw.jpg

And a family picture :)

fpn_1526224175__family_picture.jpg

Oh wow! What a gorgeous skeleton trio! Thanks for sharing Pravda.

Do you use all of them? What are their nib size? regards

Yup, the le grande prince is one of the very very few Montblancs I actually like outside of the regular lineup. Maybe I should get one for myself for my coming birthday. How do the new, modern 146 disassemble? Do you still need a tool to lubricate the piston or are nibs finally screwed in?

I purchased two weeks ago the Le Petit Prince in the Legrand Special Edition version. See pic.

I like it very much due to its blue color. It is a darker blue in reality - the images available in the web suggest very often a lighter blue shade. It is also a bit top heavy due to its metal-piston-twisting-turning-knob. Bit actually for me quite good to write with.

~ glittertinden:

Thank you for posting such excellent images of your LeGrand Le Petit Prince.

Is it an M nib? I'm a poor judge of nib sizes from images.

It's especially interesting to know about the top heavy quality.

This year I've been writing with a pen with more mass than I've previously experienced.

The extra weight has enhanced my overall writing experience.

I'm glad that the dark blue color has pleased you. Such a nice pen for daily writing!

Tom K.

A couple of days ago, I took home a Montblanc purchase that comes with a key!

No, it's not a car. I wish. But a very nice Collector's box that honestly is long overdue :)

fpn_1526223630__box0.jpg

The wood is of exceptional quality. I am not sure what type, but it reminded me of the rosewood that Christofle uses.

fpn_1526223658__box1.jpg

It houses 20 writing instruments- in 2 floors that are removable- whereas they can be placed flat on a writing table then placed inside the casing once done.

fpn_1526223687__box2.jpg

The star on the key I found to be a very nice detail.

fpn_1526223716__box3.jpg

I was also happy to bring home another fountain pen :)

fpn_1526223828__unicef_outer.jpg

The packaging is definitely an upgrade from the previous models. They're gradually getting better at it, the blue lacquer box is gorgeous!

fpn_1526224093__unicef_inner.jpg

fpn_1526224122__unicef_sepia.jpg

fpn_1526224151__unicef_bw.jpg

And a family picture :)

fpn_1526224175__family_picture.jpg

Congratulations Pravda !!!

@invisuu:

Dissasambling: Yes, that is right. The nibs are screwed in and it requires a dedicated tool! Although I have seen images in the internet showing more undersophisticated handmade tools ... but they seem to work, though.

@Tom Kellie:

Nib: It is an oblique broad nib! And I love it. I love generally the obliques. In particular Thiele from MB, because these are the most stubbish obliques I know (well, I dont know many, just Pelikans and Lamy). See the writing sample attaché to this post.

Weight: well the weight is exactly the same as the Ultra Black (146). And yes, these pens are a little bit out of balance due to the metal at the end. But I see this as a benefit since it offers a bit swing in the overall movement of the pen in my hand when writing. The pen is not long enough that the missbalance becomes bad, if you understand. I never post pens, so I dont know, which consequence this would have. Anyway, if I write a longer period of time with the Le Petit Prince it is a bit difficult to go back to a regular Meisterstück.

Have a nice day,

Glittertinden

post-112550-0-52070200-1526311187_thumb.jpeg

Edited by glittertinden

You never go wrong with a Montblanc...Please, have a look at my page www.nibbinibnibb.com.Thank you!

Thanks. I would also go for the OB, maybe OBB nib. I think I might get it for my birthday in a couple of months. I’m down to either this or the 1912.

Thanks. I would also go for the OB, maybe OBB nib. I think I might get it for my birthday in a couple of months. I’m down to either this or the 1912.

The 1912 has a far different nib! Much softer (not necessarily with more flex to it) but more “bendable” to the top, of you get me. Ist completely different writing experience than with the modern Meisterstücks.

I recently purchased a Montblanc 128. It is made of celluloid and is the platinum lined version. With this purchase I now have the 122,124, 126, 2341/2 and 224 platinum lined pens. I have attached several pictures of the pen. The nib is a fine and I have it inked with Waterman Florida Blue. post-36205-0-36771700-1526347600.jpegpost-36205-0-82744700-1526347618.jpegpost-36205-0-65840100-1526347634.jpegpost-36205-0-35043100-1526347695.jpeg

@Tom Kellie:

Nib: It is an oblique broad nib! And I love it. I love generally the obliques. In particular Thiele from MB, because these are the most stubbish obliques I know (well, I dont know many, just Pelikans and Lamy). See the writing sample attaché to this post.

Weight: well the weight is exactly the same as the Ultra Black (146). And yes, these pens are a little bit out of balance due to the metal at the end. But I see this as a benefit since it offers a bit swing in the overall movement of the pen in my hand when writing. The pen is not long enough that the missbalance becomes bad, if you understand. I never post pens, so I dont know, which consequence this would have. Anyway, if I write a longer period of time with the Le Petit Prince it is a bit difficult to go back to a regular Meisterstück.

~ glittertinden:

An Oblique Broad!

That's a superb choice! They write well, as your handwriting sample shows.

I appreciate your explanation of the weight and balance issues.

As I'm gradually learning the value of heavier pens, it interests me to know how your pen feels in your hand.

Thank you for your reply and for the very nice handwriting sample.

Tom K.

I recently purchased a Montblanc 128. It is made of celluloid and is the platinum lined version. With this purchase I now have the 122,124, 126, 2341/2 and 224 platinum lined pens. I have attached several pictures of the pen. The nib is a fine and I have it inked with Waterman Florida Blue. attachicon.gif 6382E739-8284-41AA-91EC-DAD663B310CB.jpegattachicon.gif 5502686B-4F46-41C1-A29B-D7F23F01F618.jpegattachicon.gif 505540FD-8BA8-4758-9E03-B30B63292404.jpegattachicon.gif D244F965-4BF5-4A64-BDA3-C33A52E41EB8.jpeg

Congratulations! one of the nicest MB pens ever, and one i hope to get one day.

Thanks guys for your comments :)

Daenghafez ~ I use all my pens with the exception of one or two. The Blue Hour has a bespoke cursive italic BB, the 90 Years has a OBBB and the UNICEF is awaiting a OBB

Axis ~ You know me too well :P About the box, it is back in production. My boutique is ordering them based on request.

Zaddick ~ Unfortunately no skeletons in the foreseen future 2018/19 :/ Maybe that's a good thing. Whatever may come later, I hope it is not blue glass.

Specialk0449 ~ That is one gorgeous pen! Congratulations!

Nishant ~ Keep in mind the 90 Years Ruthenium paint is volatile should that be the peace you have your eyes set on