What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

Now for something more pedestrian, my new to me MB 144. A good writer and a slim fit.

post-140880-0-35813100-1524827162_thumb.jpg

Edited by Claud

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Swan Illusion ink showed up this afternoon :)

~ grantmm:

Thank you for the ink photographs.

The boxes are so vivid it seems as though they could be touched through the screen.

I hope that the colors will write very well in your pens.

You had a productive purchase!

Tom K.

The two new Montblanc inks are wonderful :) A good adventure into more nature tones.

r6bs1j5.jpg?1

Edited by grantmm

The two new Montblanc inks are wonderful :) A good adventure into more nature tones.

~ grantmm:

What a terrific handwritten post!

Thank you so much for preparing and uploading this mini-review where many will be able to enjoy it.

Your penmanship, the ink samples, the shading and the deft cat sketch all make it an unusually delightful post.

The Montblanc Emerald ink in your OBBB is a dazzling color.

From what you've so kindly shown here, both inks are indeed wonderful natural colors.

We're fortunate that Montblanc has offered them in 2018.

With Much Appreciation,

Tom K.

I don’t know whether to stage an intervention or pass the cookies.

Cookies next week when I pick up my Christie with newly fitted BB from the mothership.

Is the Emerald ink new from Montblanc? I have been looking for green ink, other than the Irish Green. I was trying to get the Jonathan Swift ink but it would cost me an arm and a leg

I just picked up two 1960s 149s in practically new condition because the piston spindles are broken.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

My finds from todays flea market:

post-246-0-77115100-1524997837_thumb.jpeg

Both 420 and 22 are donor pens for a few project pens in my parts box but the Meisterstück 121 is NOS.

I past by this rare edition but hat a good laugh at the go-along cerificate:

post-246-0-57296600-1524998045_thumb.jpeg

post-246-0-98566300-1524998067_thumb.jpeg

Cheers

Michael

I just picked up my this nib exchange, which I had to pay for, but it only took 11 days including postage to and from hamburg. My last purchase until I see this years WE.

post-73579-0-22379300-1525619727_thumb.jpeg

I just picked up my this nib exchange, which I had to pay for, but it only took 11 days including postage to and from hamburg. My last purchase until I see this years WE.

Now thats a looker in O2B .. I just received mine in EF

Yum!

Its BB, but lit from the left so looks Oblique. Ive been playing with both over the past year but prefer the straight BB.

Not a pen but a desk ink blotter:

28102301418_3742fa1461_b.jpg 41254793464_08f88f2d84_b.jpg

It seems that Montblanc will stop producing desk accessories so people could be interested by one of the product of this collection from Montblanc will have to decide soon. The info is coming from my reseller.

Today's purchase at the boutique was lightening quick (15 minutes). The new Burgundy JFK, another 149, some petite prince and Beatles ink and a notebook. The only slow down was to fill out some paperwork for the JFK nib exchange into an OBB. I was hungry and everything was an impulse buy.

Lesson to those visiting a boutique soon: don't go on an empty stomach. Your wallet will thank you 😄. I had a good time at the boutique.

fpn_1525836851__img_2251.jpg

It happened to have the same number with both 4810 and 888, how could I not to take them home together? Besides the 888 doesn't look like just an upgraded version but like a whole new one.