• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great collection :) Don't you have the solitaire version too?

Thanks! And yes I do :)

Good choice, I love that ebonite pen! But there is one slim version missing ;-)

It is in Hamburg getting new shoes.

OK, now I can ask again: does the 18k nib of the 1906 ebonite feel different to the 14k of the others, and how is it compared to the 1912? I am a happy owner of the 1912 if you recall, and as you are also enthusiastic but also have the others to compare I woukd like to know what you think.

I'm really trying to find another Montblanc I want, but I may have started with the best one for me...

I think you said it.. Of all the Montblancs I have, the 1912 has always been my best writer. I even thought of getting several, like one does with the 149s.

I actually haven't noticed any feel difference between the coral and ebonite, had you not mentioned it I didn't even know they used a different gold alloy. I really should check again now that I am aware of this, but if there is its going to be barely noticeable.

The thing is the 1906 nibs (unless you opt for a bespoke) are totally of a different size from the 1912. It's like comparing a 146 nib to a 149. They have the same genes but thats it.

I actually have several 146 nibs that feel totally different. One is soft vs another hard as a nail etc.

Generally, I found the 1912 nibs to be the softest. The 1906 series has some give too. The most rigid is the 1914.

Is it ballpoint or rollerball refill you have with inks? Can we have a sample writing to see how is the result compared to the fountain pen ink, please?

Please take a look here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/334985-montblanc-le-petit-prince/?p=4037248

Hope you like :-)

Cheers

Michael

Thanks! And yes I do :)

It is in Hamburg getting new shoes.

I think you said it.. Of all the Montblancs I have, the 1912 has always been my best writer. I even thought of getting several, like one does with the 149s.

I actually haven't noticed any feel difference between the coral and ebonite, had you not mentioned it I didn't even know they used a different gold alloy. I really should check again now that I am aware of this, but if there is its going to be barely noticeable.

The thing is the 1906 nibs (unless you opt for a bespoke) are totally of a different size from the 1912. It's like comparing a 146 nib to a 149. They have the same genes but thats it.

I actually have several 146 nibs that feel totally different. One is soft vs another hard as a nail etc.

Generally, I found the 1912 nibs to be the softest. The 1906 series has some give too. The most rigid is the 1914.

Helpful, thanks.

Saved me some money...

Accidentally purchased another 70's 149 in Broad (that makes two this week)... But this one was too good to miss! Original box, lovely Broad nib with flex, single piece barrel and solid ebonite feed.

post-73579-0-12525000-1523448147_thumb.jpeg

fpn_1523636765__two_inks.jpg

Two Inks

~ Montblanc Permanent Black for use in sketching where a light watercolor wash is added.

Montblanc Swan Illusion for adding grey-tone highlights to black ink sketches.

Tom K.

fpn_1523636765__two_inks.jpg

Two Inks

~ Montblanc Permanent Black for use in sketching where a light watercolor wash is added.

Montblanc Swan Illusion for adding grey-tone highlights to black ink sketches.

Tom K.

Hi Tom,

I enjoy reading your posts here on the Montblanc forum. Can you post a writing sample written with the Montblanc Swann Illusion ink?

Hi Tom,

I enjoy reading your posts here on the Montblanc forum. Can you post a writing sample written with the Montblanc Swann Illusion ink?

fpn_1523640200__pennenut.jpg

fpn_1523651628__montblanc_monotone_yello

Montblanc Monotone Yellow Gold 149 Bespoke Small Signature Nib

Tom, was your Swan Illusion Ink Sample written with this Nib? If so, how is it? Do you enjoy the feel of it? I have tried the Signature Nib at the Boutique (had not seen a Small) and was actually considering getting one for one of my pens. Extra smooth! Can you use it as a daily writer though? Would greatly appreciate your input!

I bought some Le Petit Prince Red Fox cartridges, then found the bordeaux Mozart I'd been hoping to get. A nice home for the cartridges. Sorry for the poor quality pic, the light is fading fast!

post-23341-0-32051700-1523814523_thumb.jpg

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)