What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

Bought a 75th Anniversery 146 piston feed with all papers, box and CD. Inked twice. Most expensive pen in my small collection. It was lust at first sight. That's it for April.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Montblanc 22 with OM nib, from Limitlesspens here on FPN. A very clean and elegant little pen, and a near-perfect writer for me, already becoming a favorite.

One of my grail pen. Semiramis 4810.

Firenze Florence pouch for its safekeeping.

post-15198-0-53137900-1522764502_thumb.jpeg

post-15198-0-19596000-1522764517_thumb.jpeg

post-15198-0-06582000-1522764603_thumb.jpeg

post-15198-0-86127800-1522764617_thumb.jpeg

~ daenghafez:

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Thank you so much for posting the image set of your beautiful PoA Semiramis and Firenze pen case.

It's a welcome surprise to see the Semiramis. Your photos bring out its beauty.

Such a wonderful pen is well served by a fine pen case.

The Semiramis looks like an especially long pen. It's detail is superb craftsmanship.

I hope that it will be a treasured writer for you now and for years to come.

With Appreciation,

Tom K.

What a beauty! Congratulations daenghafez! This was the 2nd POA I have ever owned and still very special to me till this day. Enjoy it.

Thanks for your kind commemts, Tom, Michael & Pravda.

I never thought that Semiramis would be a long pen. It is nice to compare it with my Dumas which has the same year of issuance with Semiramis. Dumas has the same body design with Semiramis albeit the former is shorter & thicker.

Nice pen holder indeed for Semiramis! Thanks for the heads-up.

I had a dear friend some years ago--we had great fun collecting. This was back in the day when Neiman-Marcus was an authorized MB dealer, and one of the pens he bought there was the Semiramis. When he passed away, I hope to purchase his Semiramis at the estate sale as something to remember him by, but no one informed me of when it was to be, so I have no idea what happened to it. The Semiramis is a magnificent pen, and I still have hopes of finding one someday.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I've been refocusing my collection and got pretty sweet deals on a 1950's Celluloid 146, a 70s 149 and a Agatha Christie (looks to be a F nib). I'll post pictures of these once I get my Proust back from niksch.

My wife will most likely make me list the Christie and the 149 on FPN to pay for the other two :unsure:

Would love to see pictures of your Proust once you receive it, and also your Christie. Love both pens!

I've been refocusing my collection and got pretty sweet deals on a 1950's Celluloid 146, a 70s 149 and a Agatha Christie (looks to be a F nib). I'll post pictures of these once I get my Proust back from niksch.

My wife will most likely make me list the Christie and the 149 on FPN to pay for the other two :unsure:

Got the Christie and the 149 in the mail today. I'm in LOVE with the Christie. It was definitely unused and uninked. It also has a super smooth and juicy F or XF nib.

cRpTL4h.jpg

Kk2QVL6.jpg

The 149's nib is unlike anything I own. It's a fairly rigid F or XF 14c bi-color nib with a split ebonite feed, 2 section barrel and black plastic threads. The chart would suggest this is manufactured in the late 1980's and not the 70s. The pen is in great shape though and just needs a good flushing.

9HpRgcQ.jpg

a0gxZEY.jpg

My Christie also arrived today, it needs a service (and I note that the nib housing spaces are at 12 and 6 o'clock) but already it's a definite keeper.

I seem to have a fondness for domed stars...

post-73579-0-23775800-1522960034_thumb.jpeg

These look pretty awesome. Did I get the names right?

Wilde

Schiller

Dostoevsky

Christie

I need to take some family photos of my WEs too!

My Christie also arrived today, it needs a service (and I note that the nib housing spaces are at 12 and 6 o'clock) but already it's a definite keeper.

attachicon.gif File 05-04-2018, 21 22 56.jpeg

Edited by Fountainpencrazy

~ dubhe:

Understandably.

After reading reviews by QM2, who mentions her fondness for domed snow stars, I'm finding that I like them.

To a certain degree the PoA Marquise de Pompadour has a domed snow star. The more I look at it, the more that I like it.

Your photograph looks great to me. I like the focus on the caps, with the four distinctive clips showing.

They're all so different, yet pleasing in their own ways.

Thanks for sharing that. What might your next domed cap be?

Tom K.

Fountainpencrazy yes the names are correct, my first was the Schiller and from there the collection just keeps on growing.

Tom, what's next? I have been eyeing the Proust for some time, but the prices are just too high. I will follow Zaddick's advice from another thread, keep hunting and when the right price comes up buy it without hesitation.

Might need to sell something though to have the funds, and also keep within my 10 MB limit...

That's exactly how I got my Proust. Made extremely shameless offers on all pens listed on ebay, even if they did not accept offers. Finally had a seller agree to a good price since the piston was leaky and the pen was clogged shut. Thanks to FPN, I know just the right person to fix it.

Tom, what's next? I have been eyeing the Proust for some time, but the prices are just too high. I will follow Zaddick's advice from another thread, keep hunting and when the right price comes up buy it without hesitation.

A humble MB 52 mechanical pencil from the thirties,in good working condition, it´s 13,5 cm long, and also came in coral red.

fpn_1523033208__cu4f7935.jpg

I really like the star on the nib, when you dip it the etching fills with ink yet it falls away from the adjacent smooth surface, colouring the star in your recent fill.