• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-Axis / Pravda - If you don't mind me asking. What are your line of work?

~ Ouch!

Such a personal question.

It has seemed like the pens themselves were the focus, not the private lives of those who use them.

Maybe that's an old-fashioned attitude, but such a question caused me to wince.

After all, my impression was that both of those respected gentlemen shared the same vocation:

Ink Testers

Tom K.

I agree with Tom, is not that it's a sin to ask personal questions, but there's a topic of "what's your profession" or something like that....just sayin'.

Luis A.

Pravda- it is the start of your SE skeleton collection. I know you have other works of art. To put it is more common terms, I am thinking these skeletons will be more like a WE collection vs the 888 POAs (your artisan skeletons). :)

The Black Widow is my top, non-custom pen choice. Color me green with envy.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Pravda- it is the start of your SE skeleton collection. I know you have other works of art. To put it is more common terms, I am thinking these skeletons will be more like a WE collection vs the 888 POAs (your artisan skeletons). :)

The Black Widow is my top, non-custom pen choice. Color me green with envy.

Ah my mistake! I missed noticing the SE :) You know, you may be absolutely right. Furthermore, I have been thinking (and somewhat started) recycling my POA collection for this kind of thing. I have become very fond of these SEs lately and it would be nice to have fewer pens.

~ Ouch!

Such a personal question.

It has seemed like the pens themselves were the focus, not the private lives of those who use them.

Maybe that's an old-fashioned attitude, but such a question caused me to wince.

After all, my impression was that both of those respected gentlemen shared the same vocation:

Ink Testers

Tom K.

Oh!...I knew it...their profession is ink tester.

I thought of it...but at the same time I thought the answer is waaaaay to easy.

Excuse my slip of etiquette here...

Back to the topic.

Which of the Skeletons do you prefer Pravda. The blue hour or the 90th anniversary one?

Congratulations Pravda and truly fantastic photographs that add to the desirability of the pen. Looks like the early buds of a SE Skeleton collection. You and Ghost Plane are off to a solid start! ;)

It was nice to lead Pravda into temptation for a change instead of the other way around. B)

It was nice to lead Pravda into temptation for a change instead of the other way around. B)

I think you both already live in downtown Temptation and are simply adding more decorations to your respective front yards.

I am on the local bus making my way in from the 'burbs. I recently stopped to stretch my legs at the seaport and picked up a few Sailors, but I am working my way into town.

I think you both already live in downtown Temptation and are simply adding more decorations to your respective front yards.

I am on the local bus making my way in from the 'burbs. I recently stopped to stretch my legs at the seaport and picked up a few Sailors, but I am working my way into town.

I can neither confirm nor deny.

Nice nib over in the Broad thread.

I love the Blue Hour skeleton pen, but have never seen one. Perhaps in Washington this summer. I am waiting for a LeGrand 146 Blue Hour, which, of course, is not the same thing, but I got a good deal on it with an OM nib. Pravda, your photos are spectacular!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Well Sailor make great fountain pens, but I wasn't sure if it was a feux-pas to mention them here...

Well Sailor make great fountain pens, but I wasn't sure if it was a feux-pas to mention them here...

I am not sure what you are talking about. ;)

I think the occasional allusion is within bounds, especially when one has delusions of cleverness such as myself.

I think the occasional allusion is within bounds, especially when one has delusions of cleverness such as myself.

My most recent purchases were all non-Montblanc, including a Sailor Gear II with an EF nib. They don't actually make this model, but the wonderful people at WritingDesk (which turned out to be in my sister's home town) swaped it out for me. I suspect it writes like a MB EEF. I must say, while it cannot be call low cost by "normal" people, it is incredible value compared to the pens discussed here.

I also picked up an edison collier persimmon swirl with two stub nibs. It has to seen in person to enjoy the resin.

Come over to the Extra Extra Fine side, we have tiny tiny cookies...

1990's 149 with a Broad nib, came today! I have also a Fine nib-ed 149. In the new one I am using Namiki Blue. I love how it writes!

post-83125-0-89515400-1517971379_thumb.jpg

Especially when you find lovelies like you did. If they only came on bigger pens...

An old MB L71 pencil (from the thirties i think), in perfect working order.

fpn_1518118972__l71_1_copy.jpg

Whoa! Hope I’m that well preserved at that age!

Axis and Prada, thanks for sharing your new super-dooper acquisitions!

The BH Skeleton is my grail and thinking I need to make a decision sooner rather than later!

Enjoy in good health :)

Seeing so many wonderful photos here in FPN over the years has me wanting the Blue Hour Skeleton as well. I promised myself I would pare down my collection this year ... yet somehow I purchased 4 more MBs in January alone. As I type this I realize that I should stay away from FPN and YouTube fountain pen videos ... But I can't help myself. It's an addiction!

Edited by 888007888