What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

The Petite Prince Holiday Set, the set arrived last week at the authorised dealer's shop (after almost a month of waiting) but did not have the nib that I wanted ( Had a nib swap form done when I ordered in store ) So off it went, back to the factory, Now I have no idea how long it will take, I wasn't even able to see the pen as they've quickly sent it off when they realised there was a mistake. When I got there to inquire about my order, all that was left was the big blue box and book, without any pen, so basically it was like taking the candy from a baby.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

Fed Ex should deliver my Visconti Purple Rembrandt today. I have been waiting impatiently for its arrival. It’s not because I have been lucky to have the other four Visconti pens write perfectly right out of the box or that Goulet Pens had it on Closeout. It’s because it’s Purple!! I bought a pen because of its color. Who does that?

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

I bought a pen because of its color. Who does that?

People who keep buying Pilot Capless (aka Vanishing Point) pens and/or matte black 'stealth' pens, perhaps?

Meanwhile, one of these just arrived in the post for me yesterday.

http://www.sailor.co.jp/images/bungu/10-3051/pen_02.jpg

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

That pen is amazing! Happy to see I am not alone.

Thomas A. Edison

Happy to see I am not alone.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/331104-what-pen-are-you-waiting-for-in-the-mail-2018/?p=4098082

I don't really need that many Platinum Plaisir pens (or, I suppose, that many fountain pens of various makes and models), and while I love orange as a colour, I don't think that if I was spending more than, say, $120 on a pen I'd pick an orange one. However, at $13 apiece with 'free' name/adage/message engraving service included, I was happy to add a dark orange one to my order, and a bright yellow one, and a baby blue one, ...

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I love demonstrators so I have 10 TWSBIs. Love to see the ink sloshing around as I write. I think you have great taste in pens. Noticed you live in my most favorite city in the world. Spent 2 weeks cruising around New Zealand, 10 days in Sydney and 4 days in Cains. Everyone was so warm and friendly. It was my best trip ever. Back to pens. I have my eye on a Pilot 92 Heritage that I want but certainly don’t need!

Thomas A. Edison

My mohr's salts finally, FINALLY arrived.

Something marbled red-and-green and possessing solid red chunks probably shouldn't be advertised as "99% pure". And there's no way that's 500 grams. Just as well they got twitchy and gave me an auto-refund.

It’s because it’s Purple!! I bought a pen because of its color. Who does that?

:blush:

Me. A lot.... Especially if it's purple....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Just pulled the trigger on my first Souveran series Pelikan - a M405 White Tortoise B nib from The Writing Desk. This is my most expensive pen by a fair amount, but I had come into some funds unexpectedly and added to some other funds I knew I had in the pipeline. Decided to get it now rather than wait too much longer when it might not be available.

45378270421_dcff0ef439_o.jpg20181016_175229 by Brad Merrill, on Flickr

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I hope you enjoy that beautiful white tortoise. For me it was between that pen and a vintage brown tortoise. I ended up choosing the brown tortoise, but still think the white one is gorgeous. But so is the brown tortoise.

Posted Image

Pilot Custom Heritage 92.

Thomas A. Edison

Against my better judgment I just ordered a Pilot Custom Kaede (Maple) with Fine nib, partly to use up my time-limited reward points on Rakuten, partly to take advantage of a discount coupon (but that kind of thing comes up from time to time), partly because this seller offers 'free' engraving, and partly because it's the last of the Fine nibbed ones in this model he/she/it has in stock.

It is going to be loong wait, but I'm waiting Lamy Pikachu, China exclusive. (I don't live in china, so shipping will take long, be expensive and I needed to use agent to get pen) I got pen preordered, should arrive before christmas.

post-124463-0-11982200-1540025641_thumb.jpeg

Waterman Carene Deluxe. Took a chance on an eBay item that had crappy pictures. Fingers crossed

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

It is going to be loong wait, but I'm waiting Lamy Pikachu, China exclusive. (I don't live in china, so shipping will take long, be expensive and I needed to use agent to get pen) I got pen preordered, should arrive before christmas.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-19 at 21.38.01.jpeg

Been looking all over for chinese websites that allow pre orders. Would you be able to tell me where you found yours? Thanks a lot.

My second Parker 51 is on its way, just over a month after the first one. I sense an addiction on the horizon. That P51 feels just right...

Arrrgh. Now that I have received the Sailor Koshu-inden pen with the red sakura-themed barrel, and enjoyed both the feel of the exterior and the performance of the nib, I just placed an order for the other design in that line.

My second Parker 51 is on its way, just over a month after the first one. I sense an addiction on the horizon. That P51 feels just right...

Can't argue with that - I got my first 51 Vacumatic last week (black with a very user grade Lustraloy cap) but in working condition and am waiting for another one which looks black in the pictures but is described as dark green/blue (I'm guessing Cedar Blue?) - hopefully it will arrive tomorrow! Then I will have two Vacumatics and two Aerometrics and my 51s will outnumber my 61s!

In the meantime, my Parker 51 book arrived today - yay!

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard