• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Y all are way more analytical than me. I just grab them and write any which way. Ooohhhh pretty!

~ Ghost Plane:

Ditto for yours truly.

I respect everyone's clear grasp of writing mechanics.

As for me, it's nothing more than selecting the pen with a nib and ink that seems appropriate and writing.

I've never yet considered what might be ideal.

They all write very well, so I'm happy.

Tom K.

fpn_1519434116__1912.png

http://www.montblanc.cn/zh-cn/collection/writing-instruments/heritage/109049-montblanc-heritage-collection-1912-fountain-pen.html

~ A call to the Montblanc China on-line store confirmed that they currently have an ample supply of 1912s in stock with F, M or B nibs, available for immediate shipment.

They estimate nib exchanges as taking 3 to 4 weeks.

Seeing the image of a 1912 OB nib and the Beatles OB nib, respectively from Reed_thoughts and Brad7k, sparks thoughts of the pleasures of OB nibs.

Tom K.

Edited by Tom Kellie

Being a proud man of Texas, each year on February 24th, I transcribe this famous letter to remind me of the brave sacrifice of the defenders of the Alamo who fought and died for the independence of the Republic of Texas so many years ago.

Of course, I had to use an OBB, just to show it can be used with small-to-normal size writing.

post-21068-0-18352100-1519515453_thumb.jpg

http://www.travisletter.com/the-letter.html

On February 24, 1836, William Barret Travis, Commander of the Texian rebels in the former mission known as the Alamo, wrote a plea for help as they were surrounded by enemy forces under Mexican dictator Santa Anna. Addressed to “The People of Texas and All Americans in the world” and signed “Victory or Death,” this letter is known as one of the most stirring documents in American history.
Travis’ letter had an immense and immediate effect. Responding to the letter, 32 men arrived from Gonzales on March 1, 1836. Word of his letter spread quickly, first to New Orleans then onward to Boston and New York City. Yet with the Alamo located hundreds of miles from the U.S. border and a month from Washington, D.C., distance and terrain prevented most volunteers from arriving before the Alamo fell on March 6.
A fan of dramatic writing, Travis understood the power of words. He addressed his letter to “All Americans in the world” specifically to inflame their patriotic passions and rally them to his cause and that of Texas. In so doing, he transformed the Texas Revolution into an American fight for liberty against tyranny.
In Texas, many of the volunteers stirred by Travis’ letter formed the core of the army Sam Houston led to victory over Santa Anna on April 21, 1836. With his defeat, the Republic of Texas was born and a chain of events began that led to the Mexican War a decade later. U.S. victory in that war brought the American Southwest into the nation. Consequently, Travis’ letter shaped the destiny of America and the world.
Edited by jconn

Conspicuous Consumption

fpn_1519432897__superb_taste.jpg

Superb Taste

Platinum 149 OBBB Set in Stone

I can see certain resemblance with your four-legged friend.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Tom, you know you want to venture into the 1912.. do it! It's a fun pen

Do it! I would love to see the 1912 through Tom's camera! but, which nib size would Tom choose???

Luis A.

~ Reed_thoughts and 16m3mx:

I'm looking at the 1912, reading as many posts and comments as are available on-line.

The nib is described as being soft. I've handled a 1912 several times in a Montblanc boutique, but it wasn't inked.

Most 1912 owners describe the writing experience in very positive terms.

There are various views about the relative wetness of the nib, with certain posts recommending F nibs, while others love writing with B.

Thank you both for your encouraging comments. My reading about the 1912 is ongoing.

Tom K.

Being a proud man of Texas, each year on February 24th, I transcribe this famous letter to remind me of the brave sacrifice of the defenders of the Alamo who fought and died for the independence of the Republic of Texas so many years ago.

Of course, I had to use an OBB, just to show it can be used with small-to-normal size writing.

~ Hi, Jeremy!

Your 149 OBB writes so clearly with east-to-read strokes and lines.

Thank you so much for this moving demonstration of the utility of an OBB nib for daily writing.

Ghost Plane would certainly let you help yourself to seconds from the fresh cookie platter.

The Sailor Jentle Nioi-Sumire (匂堇) ink is well-matched to the letter's passionate, serious tone.

Annually writing such a significant letter shows respect and care for handwriting as a powerful means of personal expression.

Your post is a classic example of “Enjoying Montblanc Pens...”, which is most appreciated.

Tom K.

I can see certain resemblance with your four-legged friend.

~ Zdenek:

Ha! That's definitely true!

Zuji retains the classic features of ancient ‘lion dogs’.

2018 being the “Year of the Dog”, he's a proud emblem of traditional concepts.

I hope that he'll be like the sculpture, never biting down on any fountain pen...again.

Tom K.

No tulips here in Rattlesnake Junction yet, so I'll just have to "lift" that picture for my new desktop. Wonderful shot Tom!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

No tulips here in Rattlesnake Junction yet, so I'll just have to "lift" that picture for my new desktop. Wonderful shot Tom!

~ BillH:

Color me honored!

Thank you.

Tom K.

Love how the pen plating picks up the variegated flowers gold highlights.

~ Ghost Plane:

When planning a little ‘photo expedition’ to the downtown Lunar New Year flowers, it seemed best to take the Platinum 149 OBBB as it'd best reflect floral color.

Thank you for noticing. Fountain pen photography is a month by month experiment in teasing out what works best.

149 OBBBs are especially photogenic, making them the go-to nib for nib photography.

In the near future there may well be other nib options of interest...

Tom K.

~ These were in an on-line

information brochure

about

the Lincoln MKT Vehicle.

They both expressed

much of how I feel

about Montblanc fountain

pens as daily writers.

Tom K.

fpn_1519613185__lincoln_mkt.png

I do not have any pics to show, but last year i sent my Dostoevsky Fountain pen back to Montblanc & they swapped the nib for a double Broad Nib.

I absolutely love it!

I do not have any pics to show, but last year i sent my Dostoevsky Fountain pen back to Montblanc & they swapped the nib for a double Broad Nib.

I absolutely love it!

Welcome to the Broad side. We have cookies!

I promised a size comparison of Visconti and MB. Here is a Homo Sapiens Steel oversize with Pd stub, Black Ripple with 18kt stub, and Blue Hour with O3B.

post-6430-0-72585400-1519691668_thumb.jpeg

I absolutely love it!

~ Zaphodbebullbrox:

Thank you for posting this comment, which is especially interesting to me.

I admire the WE Dostoevsky and recently pondered what one might be like with an OBB or a BB nib.

You've answered my question. I'm very glad that it writes well for you.

Please enjoy your BB Dostoevsky as you continue to make your way around the Galaxy.

Tom K.