• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I was dating my weekly diary for the current week, which is a blank planner. For Monday I was using my 149, and a little distracted, I wrote on the first page "Montblanc" where the day goes. So, yesterday was "Montblanc Monday"! It has a nice ring to it :)

Now that is a real Loving Cup.

~ LanceSaintPaul:

Ha! So true!

Thank you very much.

That teacup was acquired in Tokyo on my first-ever visit to Asia in 1988.

Tom K.

I bought an antique wood writing desk this weekend, and set about to segregate my pens and writing accoutrements to one desk, and put my computer and technology accoutrements on the other.

Now, I have two desks, side by side, each with their own purpose, a mix of old world and new. Now I have to figure out a how to keep the cat off the writing desk so I can leave pens sitting out on these nifty Montblanc display stands without worrying about Felix knocking them asunder.

~ jconn:

Knowing how your home work area is organized provides alternative ideas.

I hope that your Felix will let your attractive Montblanc display stands remain untouched.

Were they in my home Zuji would appropriate them as chews within thirty seconds.

I also have two desks, set at right angles to one another.

The desk facing the south window affords a pleasant view of the potted pelargonium plants on the outer windowsill.

The 27-inch iMac screen and keyboard are there with assorted pens, scissors and a small lamp.

The other desk stores paper, has the ink drawer, and camera lenses.

Zuji is never allowed in that area, unless supervised, which means on my lap.

Thank you for another excellent quote.

Tom K.

Today I was dating my weekly diary for the current week, which is a blank planner. For Monday I was using my 149, and a little distracted, I wrote on the first page "Montblanc" where the day goes. So, yesterday was "Montblanc Monday"! It has a nice ring to it :)

~ GranTorino25:

Yesterday was certainly my “Montblanc Monday”.

I like your phrase. It does indeed have a ring to it. Thank you for mentioning it.

Please enjoy your 149 today, as yours truly is enjoying a Red Gold 149 OBBB.

Tom K.

~ GranTorino25:

Yesterday was certainly my Montblanc Monday.

I like your phrase. It does indeed have a ring to it. Thank you for mentioning it.

Please enjoy your 149 today, as yours truly is enjoying a Red Gold 149 OBBB.

Tom K.

This week I am optimistic of also having a 'Montblanc Thursday', as my local store is expecting to receive my ordered pen in! 😊

This week I am optimistic of also having a 'Montblanc Thursday', as my local store is expecting to receive my ordered pen in! 😊

~ GranTorino25:

That's great news!

If it's comfortable and convenient, a photo of the newly arrived pen would be most welcome in this thread.

It would be nice to share in your happiness.

This is becoming “Montblanc Week” for you.

Tom K.

~ GranTorino25:

That's great news!

If it's comfortable and convenient, a photo of the newly arrived pen would be most welcome in this thread.

It would be nice to share in your happiness.

This is becoming Montblanc Week for you.

Tom K.

I certainly will post a photo, although I fear it is a fine nib (I almost went oblique fine) and hardly a limited edition: A Heritage 1906 Rouge et Noir. I may well make use of the nib exchange program though, unless the fine really takes my fancy!

fpn_1519104704__warm_colors_in_cold_weat

Warm Colors in Cold Weather

Lovely photography as always!! I need a decent camera so I can share my rose gold OBBB as beautifully as you do!!

I bought an antique wood writing desk this weekend, and set about to segregate my pens and writing accoutrements to one desk, and put my computer and technology accoutrements on the other.

Now, I have two desks, side by side, each with their own purpose, a mix of old world and new. Now I have to figure out a how to keep the cat off the writing desk so I can leave pens sitting out on these nifty Montblanc display stands without worrying about Felix knocking them asunder.

attachicon.gif 021918_quote_resized.jpg

Your cat WILL be on your desk. Plan for it. Cats are like sub-atomic particles - they appear in unexpected places at irregular intervals and maximum shielding is required.

Well, Fountain pens are for patient people. I'll just sit here and wait until there are pictures to share.

The photography is always worth the wait. Tom's efforts are worthy of a genuine, pay real money for it calendar. I mean I would rather have his nib still life photos adorn my desk than pictures of babies in fruit. (No offense to fans of that genre).

I also shall wait patiently for the reward that will come in due time. :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Your photos are always beautiful & dramatic, Tom. I must say, however, that Warm Colors in Cold Weather, is one of the very best. Thank you for once again brightening the late winter days & evenings for so many folks here. All the best, Barry

~ Reed_thoughts:

Thank you so much for both of the excellent images that you've posted.

I like the idea of the pen over a teacup, asking myself why I never considered doing that.

The image works so well, with fine composition and photography.

The oblique stub is stunning! I'm glad that you included a glimpse of a handwriting sample, showing what it's capable of doing.

Your images in this thread consistently provide me with creative ideas.

Tom K.