Enjoying Montblanc Pens — Broad, Oblique, Extra Fine, Le & Bespoke

Tom Kellie

Just went to my mb boutique to get my new beatle fp checked. The nib is kind of scratchy. Its a m nib. He will send it to hq and get it fixed.

Naturally I was playing with the tester pens and I was thinking about getting a b or bb nib instead of my m nib.

He told me to write out the word Westerland. Haha. Well the e and s were horrible. The gap in the e was closed and the s looked smudged. How is your handwriting looking if you use double b nibs?

So ended up on staying with my m nib.

He also told me that for the limited editions there would be the possibility of obbb. Always thought only 149 has that option...

Thing is Montblanc paper is known to feather (absorb too much ink) and thus spreading the letters.. terrible. I would bring my own paper. On a Rhodia for example, even OBBB is manageable and I have always been known to have tiny handwriting.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mh. Too late :D

Didnt think about that. Even though I had a Rhodia webby with me. Stupid me.

Why does Montblanc have this (bleep) paper? Does not add up to their premium things...

Maybe next pen then I guess. No b nib on my limited pen

Mh. Too late :D

Didnt think about that. Even though I had a Rhodia webby with me. Stupid me.

Why does Montblanc have this (bleep) paper? Does not add up to their premium things...

Maybe next pen then I guess. No b nib on my limited pen

Thats a good question. I think because its what makes ballpoint look its best and the paper feels expensive. My experience is that fountain pens dislikes this. I have a stack of 5 premium Montblanc notebooks in a drawer that I cant think of using a FP on sadly.

LOVE John Donne! But then I tend to lean toward, “License my roving hands...”

The best of the metaphysical poets. I prefer,

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man

is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;

if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe

is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as

well as any manner of thy friends or of thine

own were; any man's death diminishes me,

because I am involved in mankind.

And therefore never send to know for whom

the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Donne was a great influence on another of my favorites, Hemingway.

~ No, but the dog got the pen.

Tom K.

hahaha :D

yea I saw the pics of "dog" pen :)

Cute doggy...havent cuddled a dog for a loooong while...when I see Zuji (correct?) I want to cuddle with him :)

Keep an eye on him when he’s chewing things with strings on them. You don’t want those going in the digestive tract. (Fur ball mommy role)

Tom--

Now you know why we have been raving about these "lesser" vintage Montblancs. They are such an unalloyed joy to write with. Zuji is looking more handsome and prosperous by the day. I hope you and he both enjoy "his" year!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Keep an eye on him when he’s chewing things with strings on them. You don’t want those going in the digestive tract. (Fur ball mommy role)

~ Ghost Plane:

Thank you for the kindly thought.

Tom worked as a kennel boy in a veterinary hospital on weekends and during vacations for three years in high school.

It's indeed essential to maintain vigilance concerning what goes down the hatch.

Those small toy puppies were props for the photo, during which Zuji was carefully supervised.

They were given out by Welch's grape juice here twelve years ago, as gifts when a large bottle of grape juice was purchased.

Yours truly is a regular consumer of grape juice, although Zuji hasn't and never will taste it.

Tom K.

Hehehehe!

My wife's favourite breed :)

~ Nathanb:

Would you please give Zuiji's best...and my best...to your wife?

Zuji thinks that she has excellent taste in dogs!

Happy Year of the Dog!

Tom K.