I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

I think I’m over the wanting a Neon Leuchtturm, since I did get the silver metallic version. I hate to admit it, but I lacked impulse control when looking at my Barnes and Noble app. Leuchtturm seems to have discontinued colors, so you never know what color is next. I, um, yeah, ordered a Navy dotted (lined was not available) and a lined Emerald. The Emerald was $19.95 vs the Navy at $22.95. My membership got 10% off.  Now I think I should say I’m done buying Leuchtturm unless found for under $10 again. 

I kind of get @A Smug Dill’s rant. That’s partly why I didn’t share the news of discounted Leuchtturm notebooks on the Reddit notebooks sub. 

Although, pretty please if anyone finds Kaweco Sport pens on sale, please tell me. I can’t drive to the Kansas City pen store, shop, and come home. I worry about leaving my Mom alone that long. Two hours seems the limit. The driving time to the pen store is almost 2 hours round trip.  It’s more like 45 minutes each way. But pen shopping should not be rushed at retail. 

Posted Image

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AmandaW said:

The TK Maxx to be opened here is in the other direction. I'm still figuring that out.

From what I saw of TJ Maxx, it’s clothing, makeup, purses, and one aisle with notebooks and planners on one side. Home Goods has a very small area that can be considered Office/Stationery/cards and wrap. People did say that notebooks can be scattered around. At my local store, Moleskine was near the front where the checkout area is. The poor little A6 Leuchtturm notebooks were on a table with tabletop decor. 

Posted Image

5 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I, um, yeah, ordered a Navy dotted

That sounds like a pretty good fix... :)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Fix… good word for it. Is it the shopping hunt?  It’s not like I’m filling out these notebooks and needing more.  

Posted Image

8 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Although, pretty please if anyone finds Kaweco Sport pens on sale, please tell me.

Milligram in Australia has been trying to get rid of some for months, and has sent out yet another email this morning to push.

large.KawecoSportfountainpensonsaleatMilligramOutlet.jpg.f7c6ac991a71ebc4485ad0712ea8f6a3.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

20 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Fix… good word for it. Is it the shopping hunt?  It’s not like I’m filling out these notebooks and needing more.  

Well this thread is for Stationery Junkies. ;)

My fix today was a box set of Rhodia #11. Very impulsive. I hadn't even finished my breakfast coffee!

I just checked the first Leuchtturm I bought. I got it in September 2018, and it was made in Taiwan. 

I’m fairly sure the chocolate brown one was made in Germany. That color didn’t show up on US websites. The white friends notebook I got seems to be made in Germany. 

Posted Image

Wow, so interesting, @A Smug Dill I know the USD and $AUD aren’t the same, but Kaweco Sport pens here can be $27 USD, especially the special edition colors.  I checked a currency converter website. $27AUD is $18.27USD. It’s a pity I already have the iridescent Kaweco. I should check to see what Milligram charges in shipping to the US.

They do ship to the US, but the charge for shipping might be expensive. Although, I was building an order at Cult Pens, and being far below free shipping to US, it looked like around $20 to ship. I’m not sure if I want to get the total in items to $135 for free shipping to the US. Cult Pens has a candy apple green Kaweco Sport coming in July, and it can be had with a 1.1mm stub nib at no upcharge.  

Posted Image

12 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I know the USD and $AUD aren’t the same

You can select the site to show USD. It's right at the bottom of the drop down menu.

2 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

You can select the site to show USD. It's right at the bottom of the drop down menu.

Thank you. I saw that. Strange part was when looking at the results, the USD price was higher than when you click on an item. Then the price in USD is lower. 

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Thank you. I saw that. Strange part was when looking at the results, the USD price was higher than when you click on an item. Then the price in USD is lower. 

I think the search results are showing AU$, and the lower price when you click on an item is USD.

Oh, that could be. Thank you @AmandaW  

I was looking at Cult Pens when I should be getting things ready to go to bed. Even De Atramentis inks are a little less expensive on Cult Pens vs US websites. I need to check Mountain of ink to see if the ones I like are shading if she has reviewed them. 

Although you could answer if Diamine Salamander is shading or not. 

Posted Image

@Misfit you might try Blick Art Materials for that Neon.  The Seattle store had a bunch a year ago for whatever that's worth, and their web site shows there is a Kansas City store.  I don't generally buy Leuchtturm but I was impressed to see the neons since other local shops with Leuchtturm didn't stock it.  Plus, it's an art supply store, so much more fun to browse through than a TJ Maxx.

ETA: I don't recall the in store prices.  Might have been great, might have been MSRP.  

4 hours ago, Misfit said:

I checked a currency converter website. $27AUD is $18.27USD.

OK, but AUD 21.60 is a little less than USD 15.00. Is that not very cheap/‘special’ for a Kaweco Sport fountain pen?

Using the less favourable exchange rate in Milligram's online store:

large.KawecoSportfountainpensonsaleatMilligramOutletinUSD.jpg.d22efc761271e055223e78695cd14378.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

@A Smug Dill I think I may have cited the price on the listings, and like Amanda W suggested, that might have been AUD.   I’ll have to try to check out, to see what shipping is. That AL Raw polished is a very good price. Thank you very much for showing it. I appreciate it truly. 

My excuse is it was getting late when I posted. 😉

Posted Image

10 hours ago, XYZZY said:

@Misfit you might try Blick Art Materials for that Neon.  The Seattle store had a bunch a year ago for whatever that's worth, and their web site shows there is a Kansas City store.  I don't generally buy Leuchtturm but I was impressed to see the neons since other local shops with Leuchtturm didn't stock it.  Plus, it's an art supply store, so much more fun to browse through than a TJ Maxx.

ETA: I don't recall the in store prices.  Might have been great, might have been MSRP.  

I know where that store is!  It’s on Main, somewhat north of The Plaza. 

Posted Image

It looks like I could get the Kaweco AL raw, and the gray sport with $28 in shipping for a total of $88. It looks like US websites have the AL raw for $75-$80. So that’s two pens for nearly the price of one.  Hip hooray for @A Smug Dill for sharing the website. I haven’t checked out yet, but I’m thinking I should because this seems to be a great deal. 

Edit here:

I did it.  I placed the order, using the little bit of cash back bonus on the credit card, it was $85.10. 

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

10 minutes ago, Misfit said:

It looks like I could get the Kaweco AL raw, and the gray sport with $28 in shipping for a total of $88. It looks like US websites have the AL raw for $75-$80. So that’s two pens for nearly the price of one.  Hip hooray for @A Smug Dill for sharing the website. I haven’t checked out yet, but I’m thinking I should because this seems to be a great deal. 

Very nice 

I'm inspired to put my perkeo back in rotation.

16 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I haven’t checked out yet, but I’m thinking I should because this seems to be a great deal. 

I checked out three inks on Amazon this morning- they were already in the cart and I was thinking about it. Was a bit stressed about something else and decided 'why not...' I will cut costs on something mundane in exchange for something to look forward too.

(I'm getting Teranishi Opera Rose, Taccia Koiai and Taccia Umemurasaki.  So there! :)

@AmandaWI think you deserve those inks. You clearly are a journal writer, so you use your pens and inks. 

I’m now writing an A5 size page a day. That’s a start.  

Posted Image