I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

Ouroboros is waiting for me, in its bag, in a place where I can easily get it (too many reminders here, of late, of how easy it is to misplace treasures! and even writing down where I put them has to be reinforced somehow...). I think I will do the numbering and taking possession soon. Sweet anticipation...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, inkypete said:

But there is nothing more exciting (at my age) than opening a box with a new notebook or pen inside. 

We're all on the same page here.

Is it possible for you to change priorities to give you an allowance for small pleasures? It doesn't need to be much, cos saving it for a while can add up to enough.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

16 hours ago, inkypete said:

But there is nothing more exciting <snip> than opening a box with a new notebook or pen inside. 

Ain't that the truth !!!!😀👍

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

9 hours ago, USG said:
On 9/16/2024 at 5:45 AM, inkypete said:

But there is nothing more exciting <snip> than opening a box with a new notebook or pen inside. 

For me, I would phrase that as, "there are few things more exciting..."

At the Commonwealth Pen Show this weekend, I had a table with pens, ink, etc.. near the end of the Show, a family (mom, dad and a little girl) came by an were looking at stuff. I ended up giving the little girl a Parker Vector pen with multiple colored cartridges - after asking her parents permission. For me, that was one of the best parts of a really great show.

Of course I was also a bit excted about the Magna Carta 600 that I bought from John Corwin - flexinibs.com as I was leaving the Show to drive home.

YMMV of course!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Oh, you enabler, you!   In a few years that girl is gonna have a whole bunch of Vectors -- all sorts of colors and designs!  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."