I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

5 hours ago, Misfit said:

I made the drive to another suburb to go to Home Goods and Barnes and Noble. 

large.IMG_0992.jpeg.8990e952e891537622c7df464fd42a9d.jpeg

On the left are my B&N purchases which include a Campus Notebook ruled, the A5 Good Inkpressions with white blank Tomoe River 52gsm paper, and a Snoopy cover planner calendars.  At Home Goods I got an A6 Leuchtturm notebook because I thought it could be the Berry version (it isn’t), and a two-pack of softcover A5 notebooks in Emerald and Pacific colors. Had to get dotted in that, and graph in the A6 going against my plans. 

I plan to download a fresh A5 line guide from The Well Appointed Desk blog for the Inkpressions. 

Snoopy! 🥰

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

You can get notebooks with Tomoe River paper at B&N?!  Who knew!

Not of course that I NEED any more notebooks at the moment, of course.... B)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Whenever did 'need' become a criteria for purchasing notebooks or paper?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

11 hours ago, Misfit said:

I got an A6 Leuchtturm notebook because I thought it could be the Berry version (it isn’t)

It's still a very pretty colour. And the Emerald too. It would be tempting to find matching inks...

Will work for pens... :unsure:

4 hours ago, inkypete said:

Whenever did 'need' become a criteria for purchasing notebooks or paper?

:lol:

When I discovered several unused notebooks the other day while trying to find a different one....

I never did find the one I was looking for, which is relatively small and has blank pages and a leather cover that I use for doing sketches.  

And of course I have a stack of unused composition books I bought during back to school sales LAST year (not counting the ones I bought my husband) when they were something like 50¢ US apiece.  I considered getting a bunch more with the discount coupon Staples sent me after the FUBAR with the external hard drive a few weeks ago, only the local store ONLY had ones with wide ruled pages in stock -- NOT any of the college ruled ones.... :glare:  (Ditto for the local BJ's location.)

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

14 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Snoopy! 🥰

Yes indeed 💓💞💖💘Snoopy ❤️‍🩹❣️💗

Posted Image

Was at a "local" Barnes & Noble today and Yes, they had packages labelled "Tomoe River" Paper.

Two notebooks, center stapled, A5 (?), $26.99.

Might have been 40 sheets (80 pages), but given the price (high for me*) I did not bother checking it out in more detail.

*YMMV!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

Yes indeed 💓💞💖💘Snoopy ❤️‍🩹❣️💗

I love how you found Snoopy and I found Badtz-Maru stationery at Homegoods.

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

23 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

You can get notebooks with Tomoe River paper at B&N?!  Who knew!

Not of course that I NEED any more notebooks at the moment, of course.... B)

My reaction exactly ˆ

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

35 minutes ago, Gloucesterman said:

Wow, that's a stretch. Wouldn't be buying either.

It shows that these places have their own individual inventory.  The A5 Notebooks I got were stitched and had 192 pages/96sheets.  On the back they said specifically "Machine 9!"

Currently most used pen:  Parker 51 (F) - R&K Salix

30 minutes ago, Mechanical said:

Wow, that's a stretch. Wouldn't be buying either.

It shows that these places have their own individual inventory.  The A5 Notebooks I got were stitched and had 192 pages/96sheets.  On the back they said specifically "Machine 9!"

I'm not scheduled for another B&N visit anytime soon. I will, however, do my best to remember to take note of more of the Tomoe River notebook details when I do.

For people with more disposable income (than you and I, it seems) it is nice that they will have the option to purchase this paper.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

4 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Was at a "local" Barnes & Noble today and Yes, they had packages labelled "Tomoe River" Paper.

Might have been 40 sheets (80 pages), but given the price (high for me*) I did not bother checking it out in more detail.

*YMMV!

$27 for 80pages?!

5 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

I love how you found Snoopy and I found Badtz-Maru stationery at Homegoods.

I had to look up Badtz-Maru. Aw, a penguin in the Hello Kitty world. 

I love Snoopy. 

Posted Image

15 hours ago, SpecTP said:

$27 for 80pages?!

x2. There were two notebooks in the package.

My apology for leaving that point out.

Still, it's a BIT much for my budget!

15 minutes ago, Gloucesterman said:

x2. There were two notebooks in the package.

My apology for leaving that point out.

Still, it's a BIT much for my budget!

Ah, I had the impression the price was for a single stapled booklet.

The A5 notebook I bought was also $26.99US, but it had the 192 page count, was stitched with Japanese codex binding, handmade, and acid-free.  "Designed in Spain, Made in Japan."

Overall it's a nice product.  Do you recall if the notebooks you saw were from the same brand, Goodinkpressions?

One of the items in the description on the back says, "Superior ink sheen...." so they know who they're selling to. :)

3 hours ago, Mechanical said:

Ah, I had the impression the price was for a single stapled booklet.

The A5 notebook I bought was also $26.99US, but it had the 192 page count, was stitched with Japanese codex binding, handmade, and acid-free.  "Designed in Spain, Made in Japan."

Overall it's a nice product.  Do you recall if the notebooks you saw were from the same brand, Goodinkpressions?

One of the items in the description on the back says, "Superior ink sheen...." so they know who they're selling to. :)

Again, I really don't recall if I even looked at the details. Pretty much noted the price, decided it wasn't for me and moved on.

I just opened another of my stash of Quo Vadis Habana notebooks. Why, oh why did Quo Vadis change the paper in these. My stash won't last forever. They are still the perfect notebook in my humble opinion.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

@inkypete I wish I’d known of Quo Vadis Habana notebooks when they had the good paper. I don’t own any, but have looked at them online. 

@Mechanical interesting on the different paper counts on Good Inkpressions. Mine has 240 pages. 

Posted Image

On 8/18/2024 at 11:32 AM, inkypete said:

I just opened another of my stash of Quo Vadis Habana notebooks. Why, oh why did Quo Vadis change the paper in these. My stash won't last forever. They are still the perfect notebook in my humble opinion.

I should have bought a couple of dozens years ago, but who could know it?

But i must say i am not very happy with the elastic stripe for closing, it has deformed in my notebooks.

On 8/18/2024 at 4:50 AM, Misfit said:

@Mechanical interesting on the different paper counts on Good Inkpressions. Mine has 240 pages

It seems that all the offerings on their website are now mostly 120 pages ($28.21US) with one style offered in 180 pages ($32.25US).  I suspect their stocks of paper are running low… which is bound to happen at some point.

On 8/18/2024 at 12:32 PM, inkypete said:

What happened to the Habana notebooks? I am about to open up the last notebook in my stash (I didn't intentionally horde notebooks, just happened to place a quasi-bulk order back in 2018-ish) and went searching online, starting at Goulet Pens. I can't find these anywhere! Your post makes me think they made a drastic change at some point. 😞 Back to Rhodia's I guess?