I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

6 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

How about a bit more detail, please. What is it? Where from, how much, what's inside, etc.?

From here it looks like a red sheet that has Stipula and EXERCISE printed on the front of it.

BTW, Nice shade of red

Sorry.  I thought I did.  Here is more info:   EXERCISE Notebook by Silvine Originals

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

And again.  Sorry!

3 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

And again.  Sorry!

My oops too, as I thought the image on the cover was the Stipula logo.

Looked up the brand w/ your provided link. Very interesting item. I might be interested in buying a medium quantity for my table at the Commonwealth (of Massachusetts) Pen Show. I don't know where to find this brand locally or in the U.S.. Will definitely be investigating more.

Thanks for following up with the additional information.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

8 minutes ago, Gloucesterman said:

My oops too, as I thought the image on the cover was the Stipula logo.

Looked up the brand w/ your provided link. Very interesting item. I might be interested in buying a medium quantity for my table at the Commonwealth (of Massachusetts) Pen Show. I don't know where to find this brand locally or in the U.S.. Will definitely be investigating more.

Thanks for following up with the additional information.

Try Boston General Store online shop. I saw that they carry them.

I'm away from home at the moment or I'd give you a link.

5 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Try Boston General Store online shop. I saw that they carry them.

I'm away from home at the moment or I'd give you a link.

Will check it out shortly. Thank you.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

51 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

LINK: Notebooks + Stationery Collection | Boston General Store

My associates in the UK tell me that Silvine notebooks and journals are fountain pen friendly.

Already checked them out. Two stores in the Greater Boston Area. One, about 40 miles away; a second one about 55 mikes away. Both require travel through Boston so traveling to the closer one will probably mean a Sunday trip. They do carry several pen line, but nothing of any interest to me. The question is not "if" I will go there, the question is "when".

It's not as if I NEED another notebook...LOL!

Thanks for the lead though. I suspect that there are many little stores scattered all around, with a few fountain pens, some limited range of inks and some interesting notebooks that are, for the most part, undiscovered by the more experienced pen community.

My bestie is in town, and we went to Powell’s City of Books for her to look around. I bought her a “Petty Vendettas” by Mincing Mockingbird 120 gsm dot grid journal, and I bought myself a Maruman Mnemosyne B6 lined notebook. 

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

On 6/26/2024 at 1:26 AM, ParramattaPaul said:

LINK: Notebooks + Stationery Collection | Boston General Store

My associates in the UK tell me that Silvine notebooks and journals are fountain pen friendly.

Fountain Pen friendly? Oh yes, Very much so!!!

I have a wide range of Silvine products on my shelves and in my attic waiting to be used. They do various sizes of notebooks and writing materials in all sorts of sizes and they have a very well deserved reputation here in the UK.

I have purchased, and already received a 400 page Tomoe River notebook for my B6 Slim Chic Sparrow folder. It was from Baz Notebooks in Bologna. The price was great but postage was more than the product! 

However, I am quite chuffed with it.

I know very little about Tomoe papers but I used a flex Mapping nib on a writing test and it came out great with very little show through, no bleeding and I can use both sides of the paper.

Despite being 400 pages, the notebook is a mere 15mm thick. 144mm from top to bottom and 100mm wide, from left to right.

Baz is on Etsy baznotebooks.etsy.com

While out geocaching, one person was very creative. He/she used magnets to make a scavenger hunt for books in a library. The cache was a notebook with books on the cover. I took a photo showing the publisher. 

The search started there, then to Amazon. A free 30 day trial of Prime was offered, so I placed the order. The photo is from Amazon. 
large.IMG_0832.jpeg.1a175e4a766f2fae565a19bc729049cf.jpeg

They have more sizes, including a midi set of the ones I chose, plus hardcover notebooks. There are artist covers by Monet and van Gogh, plus more recent artists. I chosen ruled paper. 

The above image looks large. The notebooks are 3 1/2” by 5 3/4”. 

Posted Image

On 6/27/2024 at 6:19 PM, Penguincollector said:

My bestie is in town, and we went to Powell’s City of Books for her to look around. I bought her a “Petty Vendettas” by Mincing Mockingbird 120 gsm dot grid journal, and I bought myself a Maruman Mnemosyne B6 lined notebook. 

"Petty Vendettas"? 🤣

I just looked up Mincing Mockingbird's website and now want the one where it says "THE ALGORITHM CAN'T FIND ME HERE" on the cover.

And I thought that the "Passport" notebooks that The Unemployed Philosopher's Guild puts out were amusing enough....  Not to mention their finger puppets/fridge magnets (I just got my brother the "Cthulhu" one yesterday -- but was looking at their website just now and didn't realize just how MANY other finger puppets they make that weren't in the store I was in....  I might decide I REALLY need a couple of them for ME now (Andy Warhol, Mr. Spock, Shrodinger's Cat, Vincent Van Gogh -- just to name a few...).

Like the surface of my fridge isn't ALREADY covered with magnets.... :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Well, in my defense, I did get it for my brother....  Of course, a number of years ago I heard someone sing a very silly song and just HAD to look up the lyrics: http://bactra.org/cthulhu-hymnal/lair-of-great-cthulhu.html (not sure if I can find a video of it; although if I could that URL would be in a prominent position of a file I call "Yeah, you know..." which is various ditties to play at phone spammers (novelty songs, SF filk, "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream", etc...).  

Trying to remember if that file has the video link of Neil Gaiman getting up with his wife's band (presumably at some SF con) and him singing the theme song to _Fireball XL-5_ -- yep, it does! :rolleyes:.  Oh, and I just checked that file and it ALSO has the old Joni Mitchell song "Twisted" (complete with background commentary by Cheech & Chong, I think... :lol:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

3 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

"Petty Vendettas"? 🤣

Is it about some one in my family? One of my ancestors possibly?

42 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Is it about some one in my family? One of my ancestors possibly?

😂 

4 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

"Petty Vendettas"? 🤣

Isn’t that hilarious ‽ 

@inkstainedruth, Mincing Mockingbird is great, I hadn’t heard of it before seeing it in the bookstore and now I’m totally going to have to get a few for myself. 

@Misfit, your book journals remind me of the books in my elementary school library- I love them! I can hear the particular noise those covers make. 

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I ordered the new Field Notes quarterly release "Index" (log book version) and a 3 pack of "Fifty" from a couple of years ago.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain