I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

A cream A6 Sakae TR 68 notebook somehow hopped in my Amazon cart today. My Clairefontaine A6 is almost full.

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Joann Fabrics?

🤷‍♀️ Mine is not to reason why... Joann seems to be making an effort to supplant Hobby Lobby, in my part of the world. They're cramming more arty/crafty stuff in on the one side of the store, while (as you said) loading in low-quality, overpriced fabrics. In their defense, Joann does occasionally offer something decent - like heavy linen yardage - for a reasonable price. But I try to avoid shopping there whenever possible, mostly by not doing a great deal of sewing. I did buy mask-making supplies from Joann, when masks were de rigeur. Now I have a load of leftovers that I should probably take to the nearest church with a quilting circle.

I miss the real fabric store, that had swatches of things available to be examined ordered by the yard or the bolt; they also had buttons and buttons and buttons, all loose in boxes. When I was a wee little thing we'd drive twice a year to a place in Chicago to pick up fabrics for household clothing production - cotton prints for work dresses, school shirts; duck and denim for work and school pants and skirts; handkerchief prints for (you guess) hankies and boxers; sometimes wool yardage if somebody needed a new suit. Our winter flannel sheets had seams, sometimes in unfortunate places LOL

There’s a 65,000 square foot fabric shop here in the Portland area that is amazing. It’s right by the Pendleton wool outlet, too. There were 2 giant fabric shops until fairly recently, one closed the retail space but might still be online.

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I subscribed to Field Notes last year to get a certain color notebook. Part of the subscription was a coupon for $10 off. I saw it on the dining room table, and read the conditions. It expires at the end of this year, and was for active subscribers. My subscription is not active, so I wondered if the coupon would work. 

I put the Winter edition Heartland and the Great Lakes edition from 2022 in the cart. Saw the coupon code area, and typed it in. Success! It took off $10!  Thus, I placed the order for more pocket notebooks I don’t need. 

Posted Image

I didn’t post here when I bought other pocket notebooks. I got an email from https://philosophersguild.com/collections/pocket-notebooks  on a free shipping offer. I looked through the current notebooks, and ordered four. They are called passport size, and are.  They should fit a passport size Travelers Notebook. I’ve bought from them multiple times, but I’ve never tried to put one of their notebooks in a TN. I think I will to get me using that cover. 

Posted Image

6 hours ago, SLinkster said:

🤷‍♀️ Mine is not to reason why... Joann seems to be making an effort to supplant Hobby Lobby, in my part of the world.

Funny, around here it's the opposite -- I think Hobby Lobby is trying to supplant Jo-Ann's.... They just opened up a location near me in the building that used to be a Bed Bath & Beyond location.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

36 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I didn’t post here when I bought other pocket notebooks. I got an email from https://philosophersguild.com/collections/pocket-notebooks  on a free shipping offer. I looked through the current notebooks, and ordered four. They are called passport size, and are.  They should fit a passport size Travelers Notebook. I’ve bought from them multiple times, but I’ve never tried to put one of their notebooks in a TN. I think I will to get me using that cover. 

I have a few of those.  The Unemployed Philosopher Guild stuff is fun (there's a combination card shop/stationery store/book store/novelty store in Pittsburgh that carries a bunch of their "passports" and some of their finger puppets as well).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

Thus, I placed the order for more pocket notebooks I don’t need. 

They're the best ones. B)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Coffee notes who make notebooks out of recycled coffee cups and stuff - A4 notebooks arrived today

coffee1.jpg

Coffee2.jpg

Coffee3.jpg

coffee4.jpg

Coffee5.jpg

@Stompie +1 to what Misfit said.  That looks to be pretty decent paper for it being recycled.  What other size notebooks do those come in, and what's the page count on them?

Ruth, here is a link to their site so you can get all the info you would like including the process they use to make them.

https://coffeenotes.shop/

The A4 books I got have 20 pages = 40 sides to write on. 

These were on a discount rate and as I like to support small local business I just got them, on a whim.

My plan is to strip them and use them to write to pen pals with, I think I have a previous post on this thread showing the smaller note books but right now,............................  

I do have some of the smaller note books, I think I got A5 but, as you can see, it will be a task to track them down as I have 6 such shelves in my study plus some boxes of notebooks up in the loft, so, forgive me but right now, I do not have the time to try find them! 😄

shelf.jpg

I'm making Hobo-inspired notebook covers for Santa and the first one looks pretty good, except the size... too short in one direction. I could bin it or lop a few centimetres off my Midori. Oh, the dilemma. :blush:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I wandered by my favorite (and rare) airport stationery shop this morning, and I found some very attractive engraved holiday cards from the Crane Paper Company. The cards are nicely textured and very detailed.

Unfortunately, I decided on them before I looked at the price.

So now I have 20 very nice cards, and I am US$64 poorer…if I remember later, I will post photos.

Because this isn't quite working out the way, or as well as, I hoped it would:

large.TwoPelilkan4001DarkGreeninkswatchesoverembossedimagesofagirlwritingwithafountainpen.jpg.5cbcc100ce8430d2999233e9c0bd809d.jpg

I just ordered yet more stuff (acrylic masking liquid, paint rollers, etc.) that I don't really “need”, in order to “figure it out”.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

3 hours ago, N1003U said:

I wandered by my favorite (and rare) airport stationery shop this morning, and I found some very attractive engraved holiday cards from the Crane Paper Company. The cards are nicely textured and very detailed.

So now I have 20 very nice cards, and I am US$64 poorer…if I remember later, I will post photos.

You may want to check out the Crane site after the holidays. They often have sales to sell off holiday stock. Most of their stuff is quite nice and offers a soft/subtle timelessness in both thought and aesthetics.

I have been known to send holiday cards in the summer just to say hello or greetings.

crane.com is the site name, IIRC.

Enjoy.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Co-incidentally, a journal I pre-ordered in March finally arrived today.  I'd post a picture, but the words on the cover would suggest one of banned topics and get me banned. With that I can only offer the the cover is blue, and the journal is formatted tor entries about what one is (euphemisms in single quotations) 'thankful' for, has read that has 'benefited' one 'philosophically', what has been a 'burden', and what and how one seeks to 'change'.

I hope I have tap-danced around tha which must be avoided at all costs to save myself being banished from the realm of FPN.

Anyhow, I'll wait until the beginning of the new year to use it.

I enclose my pens in one of these completely sealed boxes, that way I can take any pen I like and never worry. Amazon has them.

51DafFRaNEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

On 12/2/2023 at 8:03 AM, N1003U said:

here are the cards. There is nothing to me like the detail that can be achieved with engraving…

IMG_1839.jpeg

IMG_1838.jpeg