I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

9 hours ago, lascosas said:

Followed Penguincollector's citation for more Snoopy notebooks.  There could be an entirely new thread called I'm a sad pathetic Snoopy stationery junky.  Just from that one Aliexpress store there are 35 Snoopy notebooks!

11.png

I’m all for that. I do love Peanuts. I let my membership lapse at the Charles M Schulz Museum and Research Center. I contacted them a few years ago. They assured me my Charter Member status would continue whenever I renewed. 

I ordered the second set in your promised last Snoopy notebook post. It had Pawpets, the blanket toss of Linus, the dancing. Mmm, just right for Snoopy fans. 

Posted Image

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find the typos hilarious, but I grew up traveling with my family and we always found stuff like this in markets. 

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

1 hour ago, Penguincollector said:

I find the typos hilarious, but I grew up traveling with my family and we always found stuff like this in markets. 

Your mention of typos reminded me of a discussion my late wife and I had about a somewhat similar issue with a particular advertisement. The Ad read, 'GIANT MATTRESS SALE'.

Her, 'I want see one of the giant mattresses.'

Me, 'I want to see who buys giant mattresses.'

Her, 'That would be giants.'

Me, 'There must be a lot round here because I saw a sign for a giant car sale.'

19 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Bwahahaha! Thank you for the belly laugh. 🤣 (My wife liked it too, even though she often ‘criticises’ me about my punny ‘Dad jokes’, notwithstanding that we have no children other than a shelf full of plush toys.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

3 hours ago, Misfit said:

Plush toys deserve some love. 😊

I will share your sentiments with my Opus (3), Figment, Snidley and the Dragon friends.

And thank you for the reminder...👍

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

8 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Your mention of typos reminded me of a discussion my late wife and I had about a somewhat similar issue with a particular advertisement. The Ad read, 'GIANT MATTRESS SALE'.

Her, 'I want see one of the giant mattresses.'

Me, 'I want to see who buys giant mattresses.'

Her, 'That would be giants.'

This is my kind of humor! 😝 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

7 hours ago, Misfit said:

Plush toys deserve some love. 😊

My late wife had our then 5-year-old grandson convinced that the Beany Baby bat she had turned into a real bat at night and had a house on our roof.

He had himself up to the back fence trying to see the bat's house.

6 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

My late wife had our then 5-year-old grandson convinced that the Beany Baby bat she had turned into a real bat at night and had a house on our roof.

He had himself up to the back fence trying to see the bat's house.

Yes, and if you looked really close, you could see the bat room!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

@lascosas I’m so glad I didn’t buy that when it wasn’t on sale. Now I suspect I’ll be buying it with this sale. Do you secretly work for Amazon Japan?

Posted Image

Of those, the Stalogy is the most interesting. The sizes though….  I know @AmandaW got a Hobonichi cover for a Stalogy notebook. I’m thinking hers is A5. I have the Hobonichi covers in A5 and A6. So the B sizes likely won’t fit. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

I know @AmandaW got a Hobonichi cover for a Stalogy notebook. I’m thinking hers is A5.

A6, actually; and, if I recall correctly, it was a case of her wanting the particular Hobonichi cover for the design/pattern, and getting a Stalogy (as the winning candidate out of the rank of competitors available at a reasonable price at the time) 365 Days A6 book to fit inside it and serve as her commonplace book.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

@A Smug Dill You are correct. I found her post in this thread, and it was A6. Since I have both sizes, I could go either way. The Stalogy 365 Days is similar to the CR Gibson notebook I’m using now in that it lets you mark the month and date. When I looked at the Stalogy, it included day of the week as well. I haven’t used my time to see if the Milquerius notebooks I bought would fit. I did get a Leuchtturm A5 inside the Hobonichi cover. I don’t have the lifestyle for the Hobonichi planners.  That puts me in a similar situation as @AmandaW in that I bought covers, and now wonder what to put in them. The Stalogy would be nice if it can be found on the cheap. 

Posted Image

Smug is correct, my A6 Hobonichi with the Hokusai cover has the red Stalogy 365 inside and I do use it as a commonplace book. And still use it some months later. It's one of those rare experiments that seems to have found a place in my life.

I'm still interviewing blue pens to find the perfect one to live in the pen loops. The Platinum Plaisir with Platinum Blue lasted barely a week cos my nib swap to make it an EF made it wobbly and drove me nuts. The sparkly blue Sailor with a 14k EF isn't great either, I can't explain why, but for writing I prefer Sailor's steel nibs. (To see if I can get over that I'm using my gold nibbed SnowMoon as my journal pen for 30 days. I'm up to Day 6.)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

All the notebooks I ordered have arrived. Today the box had two A5 Hobonichi grid notebooks, and two sets of Snoopy notebooks in B5 size. 

Posted Image

The Prime Days promo on Amazon had a ton of notebooks with high gsm paper for around $5, so I bought 2 in blue, one dotted and one college ruled.  The ink and pen offerings , other than some Hongdian/Asvine products  and a steel nibbed Parker IM, weren’t particularly good. There were more notebooks at higher prices as well, but I had a particular blue in mind and was looking foe A5 and B5 sizes.